PDA

View Full Version : Removal Of Links?

detn8r
09-30-2003, 03:04 PM
I dont want to break any forum policies, or guidelines, so Im sorry if I am. I think everyone here, as well as the admin (staff) of the site oldversion.com that microsoft retired all versions of its messenger client under 5. Maybe it would help out confusing of people if you removed the links to these downloads, seeing as you cannot use them anymore. Thanks for your understanding.

locustfurnace
09-30-2003, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by detn8r@Sep 30 2003, 03:04 PM
I dont want to break any forum policies, or guidelines, so Im sorry if I am. I think everyone here, as well as the admin (staff) of the site oldversion.com that microsoft retired all versions of its messenger client under 5. Maybe it would help out confusing of people if you removed the links to these downloads, seeing as you cannot use them anymore. Thanks for your understanding.

The site is being worked on and programmed currently, so the site will not be altered on a file by file basis, when the new site is finished being worked on, things could be changed then.

also. some people still use older non-functional programs for many things, I have viewed posts from members or guests who want to find a way to use old napster clients, which we know no longer works, but they use it just to play their music on.

If the MSN clients do not work, no one is telling them to download them. This is not a place to come to find newest versions of programs. The name of the site is OLD VERSION, I do not feel it is the responsibility of the owners to make sure the files work or function, just so the links work. The downloader can assume the program wont work, being an OLD VERSION, and thats their choice. Even if you told every single seeker of a file, NO it will not work, they will want to see for themselves.

detn8r
09-30-2003, 03:44 PM
fair enough...

maybe when the site is updated, the webmaster could add that the memo from Bill or whatever, if the site is updated before everyone already realizes it, if you see what Im saying.

locustfurnace
09-30-2003, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by detn8r@Sep 30 2003, 03:44 PM
fair enough...

maybe when the site is updated, the webmaster could add that the memo from Bill or whatever, if the site is updated before everyone already realizes it, if you see what Im saying.
the problem is, even if you post this message saying what your stating, there will be alot of people who never see the message. and for example, this site states there is only old Windows programs on here. But the forums gets a couple posters asking for MAC software. Yes, the sites clearly spells out, there is no mac software here.
and the same goes with improper posting in the wrong forums. the topic states something, someone posts something else.
or you say
this is not a warez site, but people still ask for warez.

what i am getting at is, if the site says "This version will Not Connect to the MSN servers", there will be post after post saying, "Hey! this version does not connect to MSN".

But we'll see what the Admins decide to do.