PDA

View Full Version : Babylon

Lior G
11-13-2002, 12:00 PM
I'm looking for old (& free) babylon version.

10x,
Lior G
Lior_g@bezeqint.net

Lior G
11-13-2002, 12:01 PM
I'm looking for old (& free) babylon version.

10x,
Lior G
Lior_g@bezeqint.net

Therese
11-18-2002, 04:56 PM
I have a version of Babylon, 1,5 MB, which came on a CD together with a computer magazine Jan 2001. According to the magazine this version is free. I can send it to you with e-mail. I have not installed the program in my computer so I know nothing about it.

dakroman
01-03-2003, 02:45 PM
because 2001 version had the new.net program which crashed wnt and w9x with Winsock proxy client installed.

If someone post it, good, otherwise.... good too

sorry for my english.

Therese
01-04-2003, 04:18 PM
I have Babylon (not pro) from 2000 (or it might be older). I have earlier mailed a copy to OldVersion.com but I will try to transfer it again. I don't know if it is the version you want (I have never used the program myself).
If you give me your e-mail I can mail a copy to you.

deborah
01-08-2003, 02:03 AM
<span style='font-family:Arial'>
<span style='font-family:Geneva'>hi,
need urgent help,
in finding an old version of Babylon (translations and dictionaries).</span></span>
I&#39;m desperate&#33;
:blink:

Therese
01-08-2003, 09:48 AM
I have Babylon (not pro) from 2000. Is that what you need? I have transferred this file to OldVersion.com earlier.
If you give me your e-mail I can mail the file to you.

deborah
01-09-2003, 02:11 AM
Hi and thanx&#33;
that might be it.

I couldn&#39;t find any Babylon mentions on that site.
actually, I couldn&#39;t even find how to look for it... (it there&#39;s any search engine here - it&#39;s hiding somewhere...)

anyway, my e-mail is:
s_mail@walla.co.il

I&#39;d really appreciate your help&#33;

Deb. :D

aafuss
06-29-2003, 01:33 AM
Where can I find older versions of Babya System? I&#39;m the author of it, and would like to compile a list of older versions, it is freeware

locustfurnace
07-02-2003, 05:52 PM
I rem downloading the program a long time ago. But i can not rem what the programs actually is and does. I was looking through my archives for it. but i have too many files to rem where it might even be located at.
was it a brower enhancement? or some sort of shell?

aafuss
07-03-2003, 10:28 PM
It&#39;s a shell replacement/desktop suite.

locustfurnace
07-04-2003, 02:36 AM
thought so, couldnt rem exactly, since I did use it one time. But was not positive, since there is a similar web enhancement called Babya for translations. maybe spelled different, but not positive on that.

i&#39;ll look see which version i have. and post it here later.

aafuss
07-04-2003, 07:18 AM
Babylonb was a translation app. Post any version here-I&#39;ll be happy with that=current ver is 12.03 SP1. and website is http://babyasystem.portal.dk3.com

aafuss
07-04-2003, 07:20 AM
Babylonb was a translation app. Post any version here-I&#39;ll be happy with that=current ver is 12.03 SP2. and website is http://babyasystem.portal.dk3.com

Edit-this had incotrrect version number

locustfurnace
07-05-2003, 08:14 PM
Install_babya_system_9.1.exe

thats is the version in my archive. thought i had another, but thats all i found

aafuss
07-13-2003, 02:14 AM
OK, that&#39;s fine-add it tooldversion.com. Any other older versions of Babya system fromothers would be great to see listed at this site.

infinity
10-30-2003, 06:23 PM
Hi

I&#39;d like to have the update file which &#39;ll update my Babylon program (www.babylon.com) to version 4.0.2.3 specifically and not any other version if u plz
Thanks a lot for reading

locustfurnace
10-30-2003, 07:36 PM
which version are you runnin currently?

Gonzalo
03-14-2006, 01:00 AM
Hi guys:
I am looking for a old free version of Babylon traslator.
2.0 or some similar ( year 98 7 99)

There was free , work in the PC ( not by Internet ), and was fast and handy.

Thank you very much in advance!

My mail is torrentmania-argenteam@yahoo.com

Gonzalo
03-14-2006, 01:04 AM
I'll love to have that version

Mail mail is torrentmania-argenteam@yahoo.com

Thanks in advance
Gonzalo

I have a version of Babylon, 1,5 MB, which came on a CD together with a computer magazine Jan 2001. According to the magazine this version is free. I can send it to you with e-mail. I have not installed the program in my computer so I know nothing about it.

straight talker
03-14-2006, 03:14 AM
this request should really of been added to the existing thread that you also added to.it keeps all relevent info together and saves the owners and moderator merging threads as they most likely will this one,also for requests it is a requirement that the homepage for the app is added to assist searchers in finding the file you require

Goslow
03-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Hi guys:
I am looking for a old free version of Babylon traslator.
2.0 or some similar ( year 98 7 99)

There was free , work in the PC ( not by Internet ), and was fast and handy.

Thank you very much in advance!

My mail is torrentmania-argenteam@yahoo.com
These seem to point to 2.1 and 2.0 though I havnt installed them ,dont the later online versions just require the installation of the dictionary files to be used offline?
I think the earlier versions may have been adware but perhaps the add servers are no longer running. have fun.

http://download.hannami.com/download/board.cgi?id=learning&action=download&gul=33 v2.1

ftp://ftp.sogang.ac.kr/.4/win95/miscutil/bab-eng.zip

sad7777
12-21-2006, 04:12 AM
iam i neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed of babylon translator free and working... any one could help please!!!!
this my e mail sak7772005@hotmail.com

Goslow
12-21-2006, 12:57 PM
iam i neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed of babylon translator free and working... any one could help please!!!!
this my e mail sak7772005@hotmail.comOddly enough I recieved info just the other day,apparently it was feared the thread was too old to raise the issue. as a email address,like yourself, had also been supplied when requesting perhaps this was how they expected a reply and what led to the slow'n
...The version of Babylon of http://download.hannami.com/download...ownload&gul=33
works fine...
However it is best if your feedback is posted in the forum (no matter how old the thread) this tells other users
what links are still working and what advice worked for you or what you got from a particular download.so to sum up try the v2.1 link in my post above which apparently "works fine"

tripex
03-22-2007, 08:46 PM
Program Name: Babylon Translator
Current version: 6+
Desired versions: Spanish-English dictionary for Version 2.2
Description:

I still use the old offline version 2.2 of Babylon Translator. It's an official 30 day evaluation version, but if you never let it connect to the internet (Firewall) it runs and runs and runs. But if you let it connect only once it deactivates itself immediately, regardless the 30day trial period (just toooooo old).

It's about 800kB (without any dictionaries) and I think it is the last version, which works completely offline and more important without any advertisement, so it has a very smart popup window.

There are/were! several dictionaries available to download and install offline. The actual downloadable dictionaries for Babylon 6 won't work (format change), so you have to rely on contributions. I can contribute only the English->German one, which means you can translate from English to German, not reverse. This dictionary has to be installed (exe), too. It's about 5 MB before installation.

What I'm looking for is the Spanish->German or Spanish->English dictionary for this version as well as several others like French, Italian, Portuguese or Swedish.

Does anybody know, where to get these files?

CU
Andy

Goslow
03-23-2007, 04:00 AM
I'm fairly certain these function with 2.2 ,though they are normaly grouped with the 3s
you will be able to guess which language is which.
others I may obtain but they are depth archived and I maybe some time extracting them, see how you go with these.

do the speech files work with 2.2 I am not on a test bed so threw them in anyway

ftp://ftp.uni-rostock.de/pub/systems/windows/WinNT/Desk/Babylon/bab_ttsm.exe male speech

ftp://ftp.uni-rostock.de/pub/systems/windows/WinNT/Desk/Babylon/bab_ttsf.exe female speech

dictionaries etc

http://pot-pourri.fltr.ucl.ac.be/files/Babylon/ english/french + lite (was 2.2 also lite? I too far gone to test sorry)

ftp://ftp.cgd.ucar.edu/pub/adai/babylon/full_chs_dict50.exe

ftp://ftp.uni-rostock.de/pub/systems/windows/WinNT/Desk/Babylon/full_ger_dict50.exe

http://ftp.ucr.ac.cr/Windows/babylon/Full_spa_dict50.exe

Thanks for an informative request, the forum is always looking for those.

tripex
03-23-2007, 06:16 PM
Thanks for all the links. Unfortunately all the dictionaries translate FROM english. Are there any non-english-INTO-english or even non-english-INTO-non-english dictionaries available? Maybe they never were. :-(

Does anybody know a free and offline working alternative? The best would be even an automatic language recognition between the installed/activated dictionaries. Only the target language should be english or german.

The speech files work with 2.2 lite, but it seems to be always the male voice.

Goslow
03-24-2007, 11:41 AM
Maybe they never were. :-(
The speech files work with 2.2 lite, but it seems to be always the male voice.I think that is correct and I've repaired the fem link.

Perhaps not what your after but a couple of freeware offline dictionaries etc

LingoPad is a free offline dictionary for Windows.
http://www.ego4u.com/en/lingopad

http://www.freelang.net/dictionary/

http://www.languageidentifier.com/
The Lextek Language Identifier is free for you to use for your personal use on your non-commercial projects. Please feel free to share it with your friends those you work with. The Language Identifier is free to download and free to share with others for non-commercial purposes.

tripex
03-24-2007, 03:13 PM
Well, LingoPad seems to be OK as a dictionary. But I really like the one click way in Babylon. It's the fastest! way to look up for a word and in combination with OCR it's working nearly everywhere.

BTW: Are there some FTP servers which have the 2.2 dictionaries for French, Italian, Portuguese or Swedish? The French link didn't work.

Goslow
03-24-2007, 07:10 PM
BTW: Are there some FTP servers which have the 2.2 dictionaries for French, Italian, Portuguese or Swedish? The French link didn't work.1) Not that I've seen, but that is far from meaning that there isnt.
2) Pity, sometimes you can unzip to a folder and then install from there.
A couple of alternate links

http://sitecon.free.fr/Data/divers/full_fre_dict50.exe

http://www.dehisi.org/dehisi/Babylon/oldVersions/dictionaries/full_ita_dict50.exe

ilanpesia
06-04-2007, 04:09 AM
hello

it's not really old , but it's older than the new version (r36) :")
and i need this specific version (r29)

my email is:
nahag.monit@gmail.com

much appriciated!

the gaffer
06-04-2007, 11:21 AM
hi there and welcome.
please read and follow the pinned topic on the baord when making requests,it assists searchers in finding the files you request,once done check back regularly as most members will post the links if found on the forum rather than email them as it makes it useful for others in the future. do a search of the forum as well as many programs have been asked for and answered before and there may well be links already added for that title.

ahdezf
08-08-2007, 03:47 PM

Could you send my to my mail old version of Babylon?

pisagor
11-14-2008, 05:48 PM
i will appreciate a lot if You send the old version of BABYLON to me.
My e-mail : salihoz@gmail.com

thank you.

Therese
11-16-2008, 04:46 AM
I cleaned my computer some years ago and deleted the 3 Babylon files I had.
However, I have made a search now and found the files below. BTW the current version of Babylon is 7.

vers. 3.0 beta freeware
ftp://ftp.pcworld.co.nz/Pcworld/files/sep2000/babylon30.exe
http://download.ware.ru/win/mycomputer/education/babylon30.exe

vers. 3.1 evaluation
ftp://ftp.comunitel.net/mirror/tucows/files5/babylon31.exe

vers. 3.1 adware
ftp://ftp.ksgry.pl/programy/nauka_jezykow/babylon/babylon31.exe

vers. 3.1 beta adware
ftp://info3.uni-rostock.de/pub/systems/windows/WinNT/Desk/Babylon/babylon31.exe

vers. 3.2.45 trial Babylon Pro adware
ftp://ftp.cis.nctu.edu.tw/pub1/yesterday/winother/babylon32.exe

vers. 3.2.46 trial Babylon Pro adware
ftp://www.mirrorservice.org/sites/ftp.tucows.com/tucows/files5/babylon32.exe

vers. 3.2 adware
ftp://ftp.ksgry.pl/programy/biurowe/babylon/babylon32.exe

vers. 4.0.3 (r16) trial
ftp://ftp.dyu.edu.tw/pub/cpatch/www/babylon/source/babylon40316.exe

vers. 5.0 trial
http://www.textrad.com/translation-software/babylon%205.0/babylon50_setup_Tucows.exe
ftp://edtnps109.telus.net/pub/winsite/win95/education/babylon50_setup.exe

vers.6.0 trial
ftp://edtnps109.telus.net/pub/winsite/winxp/desktop/babylon6_setup.exe

khulan
01-07-2010, 10:39 AM

please send me that the version of Babylon. I need it so much.

sriramrl100
02-24-2011, 09:27 AM

Thanks,
Can u please send me ? Its a one click dictionary.This is my email id : sriram.rl100@gmail.com

ephemyGop
02-24-2011, 06:29 PM
Josh are you there?