PDA

View Full Version : Webcam Watcher

jrw
10-06-2003, 05:59 PM
This is still available, but the maker had to dumb it down. A prior version could watch locked shows on spotlife. Anyone have it?
Sorry... I don't know which version number I need.

locustfurnace
10-06-2003, 07:25 PM
You not knowing which version you want, makes it tough to find one that works for you. Also, you neglected to include the current version as well as the website for the current version.
You have to supply alittle info, to get results.
There could be several programs called webcam watcher, how is anyone supposed to know which version or program you want, if it can not be compared to a found version with the Offical websites description or current version.

The more info you give the more likely you could get a result.

Goslow
10-09-2003, 01:45 AM
Demo version allows 20 webcams and runs for 30 minutes. When registered you can have unlimited webcams and some people keep the program running for weeks !

-------------------
Version: 2.2

Size: 1000 Kb

Date: Feb 15th 2001

---------------------
OCTOBER 08, 2003

Webcam Watcher v2.4
Author: Beau Software
Version:2.4
File Size:1109KB
-------------------

Webcam Watcher - 2.1
http://www.beausoft.com/wcw21.exe < broken &#33;
------------
The license seems to fluctuate with different releases
one trial version let&#39;s you watch on 20 cams another use for 21 days
on earlier sites there was no mention of this just freeware

I have a couple of links for you to try the first I downloaded and started the install it reported version 1.2
I did not fully install.
The second looks to be the same I suspect there have been various builds & would tend to go for the second link/file purely based on the date of quoted article excerpt.
Note 1st link file date :)

Reading between lines the build/version your after was not in circulation for very long & I guess its "backdoor" might be obsolete by now but as I say I&#39;m guessing & feedback on your success or failure welcome. (may prompt a few downloads :) )
--------------

Version: (v1.2)
File Size:: 1 MB
Date: Mar 9, 2000
License: 21-day Trial

Size:: 1MB
FileName:: wcw21.exe

----------

1.2M 31/12/2019 wcw12.exe (ftp://ftp.uni-marburg.de/mirror/winsite.com/win95/demo/wcw12.exe)

1.18 MB 2001-10-08 wcw12.exe (ftp://ftp.iif.hu/pub/mirror/ftp.winsite.com/pub/pc/win95/demo/wcw12.exe) this file link close to article date give it a try

NZ (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/) software developer bows(might can be reason lol) to US threat of legal action

An Auckland software developer has been forced to dumb down his webcam software after a Silicon Valley dot.com threatened him with prosecution

italicised quotes various source

Links functional but have not been tested for exact file/version