PDA

View Full Version : Help With Aol

10-15-2003, 10:55 AM
I was wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this problem I have with aol, this is the problem...I sign on and go to websites and then after I while I try to go to a different website but when I click "Go" nothing happens and I can't click on anything except the X botton on each window..anyone know what the heck is causing this?

locustfurnace
10-15-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Guest@Oct 15 2003, 10:55 AM
I was wondering if there is anything I can do to fix this problem I have with aol, this is the problem...I sign on and go to websites and then after I while I try to go to a different website but when I click "Go" nothing happens and I can't click on anything except the X botton on each window..anyone know what the heck is causing this?
when the page freezes like that, have you clicked the ESC button to stop it from attempting to load the page?
Are you trying this from the AOL built in web browser? or from the external Internet Explorer, from the desktop/start menus/taskbar?
do you run through a proxy server? if so, is it running?
can you ping those sites? can you get email? or use a chat IMS?

What version of AOL is this? what version is the built in browsers version? How much RAM do you have? how many pages do you surf before this happens?
Does shutting down AOL and restarting fix this problem?
I know older versions of IE can only open so many pages before it ends up locking and no longer working correctly.