PDA

View Full Version : Forced Msn Messager Upgrade



cX_GX
10-16-2003, 08:08 PM
Since the forced upgrade of microsofts newest bloatware crapsoft messager, people have no choice but to upgrade to their newest messager or stop using messager all together. Has anyone found a way to hack an older version or is there a useful alternative to their bloatware BS?

locustfurnace
10-16-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by cX_GX@Oct 16 2003, 07:08 PM
or is there a useful alternative to their bloatware BS?
Did you not see the pinned topic?
it would be right above your posting.
http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=2&t=1395 (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1395)

or this thread with the same similar question to your own? or all the others in this forum, you should do a search for MSN and read all the threads, maybe you will get your answer in one of those.
http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=2&t=1364 (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1364)

cX_GX
10-16-2003, 09:12 PM
Thanks for trying to help but the first topic is out-dated since we are now forced to upgrade MSN messager. The second topic you posted related to people having problems when they were upgrading. Yes, I did read those before I posted and this is completely different. I want to hack an old version of messager (or equivilant) to trick it into thinking its a newer version so it works with the new scam MS has going now. Sorry I wasn't totally crystal clear, that should clear up any confusion.

locustfurnace
10-16-2003, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by cX_GX@Oct 16 2003, 08:12 PM
Thanks for trying to help but the first topic is out-dated since we are now forced to upgrade MSN messager.

outdated? so all them clients are outdated?? even the AOL and ICQ and Jabber ones?
I am aware of many who use Easy Message to connect to MSN and dont have problems, and since Easy Message in included in the pinned topic, I dont see how it is out-dated.

Hairywaistcoat
10-17-2003, 02:09 PM
Try dMSN Messenger (http://www.dmsn.nl). Its Java based, and it connects fine to the MSN network, as of October 17th. :)

locustfurnace
10-17-2003, 06:17 PM
Originally posted by Solomon@Oct 17 2003, 01:09 PM
Try dMSN Messenger (http://www.dmsn.nl). Its Java based, and it connects fine to the MSN network, as of October 17th. :)
good find, will add that to my list.

guest_Teddy
10-17-2003, 09:21 PM
GAIM (http://gaim.sourceforge.net) works fine in MSN.

People here (http://www.againsttcpa.com/forums/index.php) seem to have a way to get around the block for old versions of MSN.

locustfurnace
10-17-2003, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by guest_Teddy@Oct 17 2003, 08:21 PM
GAIM (http://gaim.sourceforge.net) works fine in MSN.
yes, I have used GAIM under UNIX, and it is listed on my Chat Listing, but under the Jabber clients.

shytilwet
10-27-2003, 02:13 PM
Silly question probably but with these chat alternatives that work with lots of different messengers, do the other people I talk to have to have them installed too before they'll work?
And I've heard of trillian. Which one or ones do you recommend?

locustfurnace
10-28-2003, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by shytilwet@Oct 27 2003, 02:13 PM
Silly question probably but with these chat alternatives that work with lots of different messengers, do the other people I talk to have to have them installed too before they'll work?
And I've heard of trillian. Which one or ones do you recommend?
Only if the alternative chat clients are using their own protocols. Most will permit interoperation with AOL, ICQ, Yahoo, MSN, jabber.
Just find one that works with the chats services you use.
I dont recommend any since i only use ICQ & Jabber. I do not have a use for the multi chat apps. I just like LICQ for an alternative to ICQ.