PDA

View Full Version : Icq Intermediate Release Versions?

CHW
10-26-2003, 10:39 PM
As you know, ICQ is divided in many major releases. ICQ 2000a, 2000b, 2001a, etc.

However, each release has many minor versions and builds. For example, I am currently using ICQ 2000b, but more specifically, version 4.63 build

CHW
10-26-2003, 10:57 PM
[grr, pressed the button before I was finished typing]

... Version 4.63, Build #3279.

The installation file this site provides is the Build #3281 v.4.65, I believe. If you want a listing of all the different ICQ versions, you can go here (http://www.icq.com/download/updates.html). Anyhow, I was wondering if the different build/version could be indicated on the site, and various builds/versions be listed and available for download, as currently, the downloads are only distinguished by major releases.

I myself have the Build #3279 setup program...

Thanks.

locustfurnace
10-27-2003, 01:31 AM
to determine all builds for all the ICQ files listed on OV, they will have to be partially installed, then noted on the builds.
Whether or not this is going to occur, just have to wait and see when the new site is finished being programmed.
Yes, there is a difference in builds, I do keep track of the build numbers myself on all the old ICQ files i have collected.
I noted that even on ICQ2003a, there was a difference between the 2 released builds, I do not recall which build # it was, but it was prior to build 3800, that had a problem with sending URLS. and that was solved once build 3800 was released.

CHW
10-27-2003, 05:08 AM
I don't believe they must be installed to determine their build. If you are running Windows, you can right click the setup program, and click Properties. Click on the "Version" tab, and you can then check the build.

locustfurnace
10-28-2003, 02:48 AM
Originally posted by CHW@Oct 27 2003, 06:08 AM
I don't believe they must be installed to determine their build. If you are running Windows, you can right click the setup program, and click Properties. Click on the "Version" tab, and you can then check the build.
This is not possible on all versions of ICQ, it would depend on what exe packer they had used. As I check an older version of icq98 dll.exe there is no such build number, or even a propetys sheet like the ones used on ICQ2003 builds.
But i do see this tab sheet included on ICQ99 versions. Just not on previous to then.

CHW
10-28-2003, 05:20 AM
Yeah... you're probably right.

But then, could we get the various builds up on the site then? If ICQ98 is too hard to check the build number, perhaps we could still do it with the newer ones...?

I look forward to seeing them on the site...

locustfurnace
10-28-2003, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by CHW@Oct 28 2003, 06:20 AM
But then, could we get the various builds up on the site then? If ICQ98 is too hard to check the build number, perhaps we could still do it with the newer ones...?

I look forward to seeing them on the site...
I am not sure if the ICQ versions will be seperated via versions & build numbers, this would be a good thing... in a way, just have to wait and see when the new site is finished.