PDA

View Full Version : Medved Quotetracker And Tradingsolutions

agoc
10-29-2003, 08:00 PM
Hi everybody.
What a great and useful site!
I've been searching the web for older versions of these two freeware/trialware programs:
- Medved QuoteTracker
- TradingSolutions
The newer versions are too much of a resource-hog for my older system.
I'd welcome direct file transfer or any useful URL.
Thanks, and I'd really, really appreciate it,
Agoc

locustfurnace
10-29-2003, 08:48 PM
QuoteTracker v 2.4.5
ftp://ftp.ciril.fr/pub4/tucows/windows/fi...es4/qtsetup.exe (ftp://ftp.ciril.fr/pub4/tucows/windows/files4/qtsetup.exe)
QuoteTracker v 3.0.0
ftp://ftp.ciril.fr/pub4/tucows/windows/fi...es6/qtsetup.exe (ftp://ftp.ciril.fr/pub4/tucows/windows/files6/qtsetup.exe)

agoc
10-30-2003, 04:45 AM
Wonderful! And such a prompt reply! locustfurnace, you must be gathering good karma for quite a few life spans!
Now I can only wish that one day I'll also track an old TradingSolutions (a.k.a. tsinstall.exe)... Or am I asking too much from life...?
To locustfurnace and to all oldtimers...
:ph34r: BOOO :o
Happy Halloween, kids!!!

locustfurnace
10-30-2003, 04:53 AM
Originally posted by agoc@Oct 30 2003, 05:45 AM
Wonderful! And such a prompt reply! locustfurnace, you must be gathering good karma for quite a few life spans!
Now I can only wish that one day I'll also track an old TradingSolutions (a.k.a. tsinstall.exe)... Or am I asking too much from life...?
To locustfurnace and to all oldtimers...
:ph34r: BOOO :o
Happy Halloween, kids!!!
your welcome, be sure to check back in a few days or often, as someone else might find the other software your seeking, just because it gets answered does not mean the post stops getting admended with newer finds. I often go back later on and find software requests and try to answer them, even long after the post has "expired" since i feel someone else who lands on OV might be seeking same app, and then gets an answer or a file.
plus there are other members who fullfill requests, but they dont often login.

have a good holiday also!

with the addition to your posting, the extra info, helped me locate TradingSolutions build 001108, with a date/year of 2000. This is not a freeware version, but a 60 day trial, and a hefty download of 20megs. If your wanting this, you can obtain it here
ftp://ftp.iif.hu/pub/mirror/ftp.winsite.c...s/tsinstall.exe (ftp://ftp.iif.hu/pub/mirror/ftp.winsite.com/pub/pc/win95/business/tsinstall.exe)
here is another version, only determining this due to variance in file sizes, this is 24.2 megs.
ftp://ftp.uam.es/mirror/tucows/files6/tsinstall.exe

agoc
10-31-2003, 01:56 AM
locustfurnace, thank you again! You are special!
For anybody interested, who read the previous post, the link
ftp://ftp.iif.hu/pub/mirror/ftp.winsite.c...s/tsinstall.exe (ftp://ftp.iif.hu/pub/mirror/ftp.winsite.com/pub/pc/win95/business/tsinstall.exe) works great. The other link, ftp://ftp.uam.es/mirror/tucows/files6/tsinstall.exe, didn't work, and when I truncated it to ftp://ftp.uam.es/mirror/tucows/files6/ it said:
"Make sure you have permission to access this folder. Details: 550/mirror/tucows/files6/: No such file directory".
But I did some digging around, and I found it at
ftp://ftp.uam.es/pub/mirror/tucows/files6...6/tsinstall.exe (ftp://ftp.uam.es/pub/mirror/tucows/files6/tsinstall.exe).
Now for the touchy part... anyone knows a free -- I love this word: "FREE" -- way of getting rid of the annoying ad banner in Quote Tracker?
Thanks everybody, and locustfurnace, thank you a mil!
This site is the best!

locustfurnace
10-31-2003, 02:50 AM
your welcome.

the link worked when i posted it, would not have posted it otherwise, so they must not have liked the new interest in their servers and shut em down.

i'll look into the ad removal/blocking later, i did a quick test on it, and it is prolly coded into the exe, and not using an external referrence for ad retrivel, like ICQ does.

agoc
10-31-2003, 03:57 AM
thank you so much, you are a real guru, when i grow up I'll be just like you, except everybody that knows me has been waiting for me to grow up since we forgot when :blink:
I'm not a greedy bastad, they reached version 3.3.3 I think, I'd be happy with 1.4.2f beta, but I can't make it to update the quotes in real-time, it is set to work with some old websites, and the websites list is not user editable... The next one I have is 2.4.5, that one would be fine, but I thought that the earlier versions would be easier to figure out...
this guy Medved seems to be active on Forums and MBs... I hope he won't find out about this... B) and if he does, I hope he won't hate me :rolleyes:
wtf, I'm a negligible quantity :unsure:
Locustfurnace, I got a glimpse at the fact that you are big in acoustics too. WHOAW! when do you have time for everything? and I have a feeling there is a lot more you're interested and active in :o but then again, maybe you are a speed demon, and you type your posts in seconds flat, not like me, in hours...
(I didn't get to installing the tsinstall.exe yet... I'm only running the file "notallthere.yet")
I'll check the MB real soon.
Thanks!
agoc

locustfurnace
10-31-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by agoc@Oct 31 2003, 04:57 AM
Locustfurnace, I got a glimpse at the fact that you are big in acoustics too. WHOAW! when do you have time for everything? and I have a feeling there is a lot more you're interested and active in :o but then again, maybe you are a speed demon, and you type your posts in seconds flat, not like me, in hours...

i got time for alot of different things, such as this board and a few others board i moderate at. plus i do alot of hardware repairs. just bagged 2 systems up tonight. all the while watching the satellite tv.
the trick is to sleep very very little, like a few minutes a week!
Visit all the computer shows you can, give out your email address to customers who need help cause the vendors dont know anything about computing, blacken all the windows in your house- so you never know what time it is, or just move to Finland where it is daylight and dark for 6 months out of the year, this helps with the no sleep factor, buy as many computers you can, or house, i now have 30 systems, and make sure you got 4 monitors running to systems showing you realtime info, blend that in with some computerized/generated music best served via Wireless headphones, and grow a super long beard, and master the Vi Unix editor, and you too can be a guru!

locustfurnace
10-31-2003, 01:33 PM
found some more FREE money apps.

Market Analysis System (MAS) The Market Analysis System (MAS) is an open-source software application that provides tools for analysis of financial markets using technical analysis. MAS provides facilities for stock charting and futures charting, including price, volume, and a wide range of technical analysis indicators.
http://eiffel-mas.sourceforge.net/
Stock Analyzer Free software offering stock intelligent and classic technical analysis, buy / sell signal forecast, TA performance calculation, stock quotes, stock market
http://www.stock-anal.com/
Best-Charts stock chart parameter optimization, optimal buy and sell signals, back-testing, Bullish/Bearish Indicator, market trend forecast, stock market analysis, stock quote, many inventions.
http://www.best-charts.com/
Inverline The Inverline.com free Web Service is a Charting Windows application that connects to Inverline.com web site and retrieves updated historical stock quotes from over 4000 stocks.
http://www.inverline.com/download/
Advanced Analyzer
http://www.bigeasyinvestor.com/#
Stock Market Charting Software
http://www.incrediblecharts.com/online_cha...ee_download.htm (http://www.incrediblecharts.com/online_charts/free_download.htm)

agoc
10-31-2003, 03:31 PM
That is wonderful! Now I got my hands full. But for now I better get away from this demon (a.k.a. my PC) and get some things done, and take in some fresh air ...maybe...
I'll get back on this. :blink:
agoc

locustfurnace
10-31-2003, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by agoc@Oct 31 2003, 04:31 PM
That is wonderful! Now I got my hands full. But for now I better get away from this demon (a.k.a. my PC) and get some things done, and take in some fresh air ...maybe...
I'll get back on this. :blink:
agoc
fresh air? you don't like the re-circulated PC powersupply air? it keeps the PC cool, dont forget the fan on the CPU, you could inhale some of that fine breeze as well. whats alittle silicon chip dust in the lungs?
or are you not getting enough monitor radiation tanning?

agoc
11-01-2003, 01:22 AM
Even more, that DC-fan recirculated/forced air is ozone enriched, I think. :wacko: Tanned? I shunned from the CRT to avoid the radiation, I'm using TFT monitors whenever feasible (I know the TFT is not as fast as the CRT, so it is not the best for arcade games; but the CRT was giving me the red spots). I've had my sunny days this summer and I took in the Russian spirit that surrounded me on the Atlantic shore in Brighton Beach/Little Odessa, the South edge of Brooklyn... which brings me back to nice Mr. Medved... I still get double vision from that Medved ad banner (Russian mafia again!). Is this fellow so smart that nobody can find a work around? I know, It's only like 5 bucks a month to have him take off that darn ad banner, but it buggs me to find out how he does it. :huh:
By the way, what happens to a guru if he cuts off his beard? :(
locustfurnace guru, have another look at (Medved) QuoteTracker, please... when you can...
I hope you can tell I enjoy your answers something grand. :) ("something grand" means "tremendously")
Thanks all, and first of all to our guru host.
Agoc (trick or treat! :P)

locustfurnace
11-01-2003, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by agoc@Nov 1 2003, 02:22 AM
By the way, what happens to a guru if he cuts off his beard? :(

without a beard, your title is NERD.
i will take another look at the app, since i now see ICQ 2003b also changed settings which bypass my ad defeating techniques. so i have that to look at once again also.

agoc
11-01-2003, 02:02 AM
furn, thank you, I KNOW you&#39;ll have fun with it. <_<
guru work :huh:
http://min.midco.net/w0hju/temp4/NOBREAK.html

locustfurnace
11-01-2003, 02:05 AM
thats an Office Works desk obviously, where are the multiple systems, the Sun servers? the SGI workstations? and the gallons of pepsi and the tv? no tv? no routers, switches, kvm&#39;s.
such a horror to be an office worker with a single puter.

agoc
11-01-2003, 04:01 AM
furn and everybody that reads this, maybe, if you don&#39;t mind, you look at v.2.4.5... I couldn&#39;t find any older V that still does something useful. if anybody needs registration w scottrader for the real-time quotes, no problem. just write agoc@go.com

locustfurnace
11-01-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by agoc@Nov 1 2003, 05:01 AM
furn and everybody that reads this, maybe, if you don&#39;t mind, you look at v.2.4.5... I couldn&#39;t find any older V that still does something useful. if anybody needs registration w scottrader for the real-time quotes, no problem. just write agoc@go.com
is the registration FREE, or are you talking about a purchased code or serial number, since that, if thats what your meaning, would be illegal to share, UNLESS they permit it. and here at Oldversion.com that is not acceptable on the board. Not ones to go beyond the freebies and sharewares here for anything that is not permissible.

you did nothing wrong, but i just need to make it clear of the forums policy on sharing serials or whatever, thats not encouraged or permitted.

Just making sure everything stays in the boards rules.

anyways, yea the older apps sometimes do lack the more useful features found in more recent versions.
Did you manage to try any of the other freebies posted? any useful for what your looking to obtain?

agoc
11-01-2003, 05:21 AM
is the registration FREE, or are you talking about a purchased code or serial number, since that, if thats what your meaning, would be illegal to share, UNLESS they permit it. and here at Oldversion.com that is not acceptable on the board. Not ones to go beyond the freebies and sharewares here for anything that is not permissible. (...) Just making sure everything stays in the boards rules

The registration is FREE (only the time and patience to do it, is not). :rolleyes: I&#39;m respectfully observing the rules. And I admire locustfurnace&#39;s dedication to many noble things, including this site&#39;s ethics. I welcome your observation without reserve. I should have made sure in my preavious post that I was leaving no room for a possible sneaky meaning. (I guess in legal terms, it&#39;s said "to cover your ass")

I saved all the URLs that have been KINDLY posted within this topic, and a few other URLs, like the site for IE download, and the site for imaging your HD. Thank you furn. I haven&#39;t tried any of them extensively yet, but they all look equally interesting, so much so that I don&#39;t know which to test first.

I would love to learn how to search file names on fpt sites/servers; can you please hint the best way to get started into ftp&#39;s?

Thank you all,
agoc

locustfurnace
11-01-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by agoc+Nov 1 2003, 06:21 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (agoc @ Nov 1 2003, 06:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I&#39;m respectfully observing the rules. And I admire locustfurnace&#39;s dedication to many noble things, including this site&#39;s ethics. [/b]

yes, i observe the rules because i happen to be the moderator of the forum ;)

<!--QuoteBegin--agoc@Nov 1 2003, 06:21 AM
I would love to learn how to search file names on fpt sites/servers; can you please hint the best way to get started into ftp&#39;s? [/quote]

searching is simple, once you learn how. no, not really. searching is just a repetitive task. you try this and try that and try this and try that.
i usually start out on google, to find the current version of the file, if it was not mentioned in the post. then i just look at the filename or download the current version file, and use the filename to search with. since the download file will always diff from the actual name of the program&#33;
thats it.

agoc
11-02-2003, 12:06 AM
Silly me&#33;&#33;&#33; :o I never thought of doing a search on the filename&#33;&#33;&#33; Only on the program name. :unsure: It seams SOO obvious NOW, that someONE pointed that to me. Thank you again furn. AND for the PM with the URL of that (private) site. Wow, with so many thanks to express, I could just edit a long post with only thanks in it.
So I understand I don&#39;t need any ftp dedicated software, just using a good search engine (a.k.a. Google) will do; then, Windows/IE can access an ftp site for browsing and downloading... In this case, why on earth are there so many ftp programs? What purpose do they serve?
Happy Sunday, (and oh yes, MANY thanks&#33;&#33;&#33;),
agoc

locustfurnace
11-02-2003, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by agoc+Nov 2 2003, 01:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (agoc @ Nov 2 2003, 01:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Thank you again furn.* Wow, with so many thanks to express, I could just edit a long post with only thanks in it. [/b]
your welcome

<!--QuoteBegin--agoc@Nov 2 2003, 01:06 AM
So I understand I don&#39;t need any ftp dedicated software, just using a good search engine (a.k.a. Google) will do; then, Windows/IE can access an ftp site for browsing and downloading... In this case, why on earth are there so many ftp programs? What purpose do they serve? [/quote]

the ftp programs, FTP (File Transfer Protocol), are not for searching ftp sites, but for downloading from FTP sites. They serve a very good purpose that IE only semi supports. You can upload files to a ftp server with them. you sometimes need a username and password to access FTP sites, which you can assign easily in an FTP app. you execute commands against a site with ftp programs, for things such as creating/deleting folders & files, you can specify permissions, since UNIX servers use file permissions, such as OWNER, USER, GROUP, WORLD.
Web browsers use HTTP (HyperText Transfer protocol) which handles HTML files (HyperText Markup Language), which was not designed for large file transferring, while FTP was.
your more likely to get incomplete downloads and corrupt files using a web browser downloading files than with an FTP app.
But today most people just get ftp programs for uploading to servers.

your computer already has a built in ftp program, it is a DOS CLI app, just go to the start/RUN, type FTP, and you will be presented with the ftp program. To learn more about the commands, just type a question mark, followed by an Enter, to see some of the built-in commands.

tips on searching;
sometimes it is best to exclude any version numbers at first, and also the extensions, so if your searching for a program called "AOL-ims-4.6.444.5.exe", you might want to drop the ".exe" and slowly remove the version numbers, so now you might end up only doing a search for "AOL-ims".
the first number "4" is usually a MAJOR number, and the smaller numbers are minor numbers, such as bug fixes or small glitches, so you can drop those off and do a search just on a major number "4", so now you might be searching for "AOL-ims-4"

also, rem when searching on google, you can use booleans, which is basically just `what i want to include` and `what i dont want to include` = "-" , " + "
so you might so a search on AOL-ims such as

AOL-IMS -5 +4

say you want to search for a 2 word descriptor, say &#39;white&#39; and &#39;paint&#39;, you search google such as
"white paint"
else, you would be doing a search for white and for paint, so you might get results of `white soxs paint their stadium`

so by quoting a word you are defining an exact match for &#39;white paint&#39;
say i dont want red paint, i would then do "white paint" -red

agoc
11-02-2003, 05:18 AM
furn, thank you very much for the first lesson in ftp. I read it very carefuly. I hope many peeps -- members and guests -- find this post. I have to look deeper into this. I checked out the Windows&#39; ftp application, it has quite a syntax.
also grateful for the search tips, I had this on my "to do" list, and still have it: to check out Google&#39;s Search Tips (upper right corner tab, you have to put your mouse on it) http://min.midco.net/w0hju/temp4/snickers.html

locustfurnace
11-05-2003, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by agoc@Nov 2 2003, 06:18 AM
I checked out the Windows&#39; ftp application, it has quite a syntax.
also grateful for the search tips, I had this on my "to do" list, and still have it: to check out Google&#39;s Search Tips
Rem also, that googles search tips, might differ from another search engines tips.
yes the ftp app does have some short and quick syntax, but then so does all the DOS apps. its not something Windows only users will be comfy working with. nothing to click&#33;
but it is there, and useful once you learn how to use it. and its not too difficult to learn.

i posted some more search engines in the GENERAL forum, you might want to give those a try as well.
http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=1&t=1470 (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=1470)