PDA

View Full Version : How To Clear This

guest_thegaffer
11-12-2003, 02:25 PM
imrunning windows me and everytime i start typing info on sites and things a massive list drops down of info that has been typed before, i think this is a help function to make things easier for the user , but i think it must be unnecessary and its annoying, as well as taking up disc space,does anyone know how i can clear this from my pc, thanks in advance for any help,

locustfurnace
11-12-2003, 03:24 PM
the drop down list, also called auto completion, wont take up any disk space, unless you have tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of those drop down words. it is simple to empty. I am guessing you are running IE.
at the top of the IE window, look for the MENU items, find the one named TOOLS, then go to Internet Options then Content then AutoComplete and click the Clear Forms.
you might want to also clear the History as it also fills up with user typed addresses, to do this, go to TOOLS, Internet Options then Clear History, while there you might also wish to clear the Temporary Internet Files, as that DOES take up disk space, if the settings are at the default level, you might also want to adjust it. cause it will take up alot of space.
TOOLS, then go to Internet Options, then Delete Files, then after deleting them, click the Settings in the same are as the Delete Files, adjust the slider til you have between 20 - 40 megs of disk space used for Temporary Internet Files.

guest_thegaffer
11-12-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by locustfurnace@Nov 12 2003, 04:24 PM
the drop down list, also called auto completion, wont take up any disk space, unless you have tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands of those drop down words. it is simple to empty. I am guessing you are running IE.
at the top of the IE window, look for the MENU items, find the one named TOOLS, then go to Internet Options then Content then AutoComplete and click the Clear Forms.
you might want to also clear the History as it also fills up with user typed addresses, to do this, go to TOOLS, Internet Options then Clear History, while there you might also wish to clear the Temporary Internet Files, as that DOES take up disk space, if the settings are at the default level, you might also want to adjust it. cause it will take up alot of space.
TOOLS, then go to Internet Options, then Delete Files, then after deleting them, click the Settings in the same are as the Delete Files, adjust the slider til you have between 20 - 40 megs of disk space used for Temporary Internet Files.
many thanks to you, locustfurnace , simple i now see, but id sooner ask than just go meddling with something that im unsure of , if you see wot i mean, ile be on here regular now i think your site is great,and im sure i will learn a thing or two,

locustfurnace
11-12-2003, 06:14 PM
your welcome, you might want to register as a member, then you can get email notification when someone replies to your topics, or even the ability to send PM's between other users on the board.