PDA

View Full Version : Direct Connect

Direct Connect
11-13-2003, 10:57 PM
You should add CZDC++ and oDC++

They both have features normal DC++ doesnt have.

locustfurnace
11-13-2003, 11:08 PM
well, with the slack of hosting DC++ on th site, and not hosting the source files, i do not think the owners want to host too many GPL'd software titles on the site, as they would need to also make room for every version's source code, this ofcourse depends on the licensing of those which you mentioned, of which i am unaware of.
Do to the nature of the GPL and its insistance on hosting binaries and source files, it can eat up alot of space. many of the programs hosted on Sourceforge also host their older verisons +source, so it might be simpler just to point someone to these sistes.
If the programs are not under GPL, then maybe they will consider it. It would be nicer if they were licensed under a BSD license, then one is not required to host the source files alongside binaries.

EBT
11-15-2003, 12:53 PM
while your at it yous hold also host NMDC 1.091 which is the last build of the original client before thecreeator went insain and started to use .net

id suggest aganst hosting CZDC++ as most all hubs concider it a hacked verson and th eprolifferatiion of it makes our (operators) job harder

and as for hosting oDC and even DC++ older versons ARE avalible on thier sites and the few DC++ verson you DO have are so out of date they arnt even allowed in any of the hubs i go to

locustfurnace
11-25-2003, 01:06 PM
can also try

NeoModus Direct Connect
http://neo-modus.com/

11-27-2003, 05:34 PM
nope NMDC 1.0 beta 9 is NOT avalible on his site any more becasue he wants to whore out his new mutation ( DCv2 its VB and C++ cobbled together wtih .NET and i know a LOT of peoel who want nothing to do with that and i DO happen to have the installer for NMDC 1.0 beta 9 an dcould give it on request)