PDA

View Full Version : Xp

Schneida
12-04-2003, 11:47 AM
I installed XP Pro from a program that give free software to college students. I tried XP Pro and I am not that impressed with it. I want to revert back to XP Home but I am scared I will lose all my files in the process. Will I lose my files and if so is there away around it. Thanks for your Help

:huh:

locustfurnace
12-04-2003, 04:51 PM
I do not believe there was a provison in XP Pro to go back to the XP home. So you will most likely need to backup what ya need, and reinstall from scratch. Going from Home to Pro does not follow the upgrade path that going from 95 -ME would. They are not the same systems. Similar, but not.
But why go back to the Home version anyway if you got Xp Pro? the Pro version should be more stable than the Home version. the better parts of Pro is the SMP abilities, which i am sure your not taking advantage of. Most people with Pro dont use it for that anyway.
backup all your files to CD. used IE to export your bookmarks,cookies.
and just install Home from scratch

Michael
04-27-2004, 08:34 PM
where can i get xp 4 free?

the gaffer
04-28-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Michael@Apr 27 2004, 08:34 PM
you can not get xp for free if you did it would be illegal, i suggest if you want xp and dont want to spend too much check www.ebay.com for a copy

locustfurnace
04-28-2004, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by Michael@Apr 27 2004, 08:34 PM
The thread was started by a student. If you had read the thread correctly. That would have been a clue for one, as students do get "Student Editions" of software.
If you want to get free software. Sign up as a beta tester, or go back to college and pay the yearly tuition fees. I am sure that would make getting free software worth it ;)