PDA

View Full Version : Windows Nt Setup

beanboy89
12-12-2003, 07:31 PM
I recently tried to install Windows Nt Workstation 4 on my computer and on the third setup disk, the setup can not continue because it says the CD Rom drive can not be found. I do have a CD Rom drive. Is there a solution for this problem?

locustfurnace
12-13-2003, 02:40 AM
NT is much different than the 9x series. not as much hardware is supported under NT as 9x, since it was targetted at a diff user base.
You have a CD-ROM, but it might not be supported.
Check the HWCL for NT4 to see if it supported your device. If your device is newer then what was known at that time, you might want to look on other sites-forums that are specific to NT, and give more information, such as the system your installing it to, the types of devices you have.....
You can also check on the CD itself for alittle info, look under the folder /SUPPORT for the file Hcl.hlp

Hardware Compatible Test/List
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hwtest/default.mspx
Windows NT/2000 FAQS site
http://www.winnetmag.com/windowsnt20002003faq/

gengar56
12-13-2003, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by beanboy89@Dec 12 2003, 08:31 PM
...on the third setup disk, the setup can not continue because it says the CD Rom drive can not be found.
On the third setup disc? Does this mean the first and second worked fine? If so, it's probably not a compatibility issue. Maybe you should try cleaning the disc?

locustfurnace
12-13-2003, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by gengar56+Dec 13 2003, 08:33 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gengar56 @ Dec 13 2003, 08:33 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--beanboy89@Dec 12 2003, 08:31 PM
...on the third setup disk, the setup can not continue because it says the CD Rom drive can not be found.
On the third setup disc? Does this mean the first and second worked fine? If so, it&#39;s probably not a compatibility issue. Maybe you should try cleaning the disc? [/b][/quote]
Third setup disk being floppy disks. Since there is only 1 CD for WinNT & 1 for service packs; if included.