PDA

View Full Version : Love This Website And Forum Already

Jantje
12-16-2003, 03:22 PM
My first visit, my first message.
I love this website and forum already. It's always been my opinion not to upgrade unless you know why. Most people just upgrade to be able to say : "I have the newest". Especially with Microsoft products, newer is not often better. The newer the more Microsoft pushes you in a direction of use.
The more I learn about computers, the more I'm starting to use older versions.
I test a lot (Always use total os partition backups to go back to) and my absolute downgrade record is my Graphics editor.
Maybe I'm grazy but I still prefer Iphoto 1.1 (1993 built for windows 3.x) to all newer and heavy starting editors of today. And believe me, I've tested them all :blink:

Windows98se fan

bubbly69
12-22-2003, 06:14 PM
stick with this site and tell all your contacts its one of the finest on the internet,ive visited many a tech forum and not learned half as much as a couple of hours at oldversion.com

SickLove
12-22-2003, 06:20 PM
Ok, I agree
but this place still need more action

locustfurnace
12-22-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by SickLove@Dec 22 2003, 08:20 PM
Ok, I agree
but this place still need more action
Define the sort of "action" you feel this site needs, or lacks.

-Jk-
12-24-2003, 07:50 AM
More interesting discussions? :rolleyes: :D

locustfurnace
12-24-2003, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by -Jk-@Dec 24 2003, 09:50 AM
People have to start discussions that become interesting, But this site really is not intended as a general purpose portal. Its about old versions of software, so all the discussions should/will be biased towards software.
If you want to start an "interesting discussion", give it a try.

spki
02-23-2004, 12:48 PM
This is the best site ever!

A spacial thank to all the resposables :D

02-24-2004, 04:24 AM
simply beautiful stuff, thanks guys.

Illegal Concepts
10-14-2004, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by -Jk-@Dec 24 2003, 08:50 AM
^ Yes I have noticed that the topics are boring.

anyhow I'm resrecting a old Gateway 2000 DX 4 486 PC with 66mhz 486 and 16mb Ram. Many of the Apps here are of great help to us that are getting our old PC's surfing again, I've installed NT 4 on it and Opera Web browser, worked good... then I updated IE and I got a memory Over run error at the Blue boot screen, I think I'll try Windows 95c since win95 has lower system requirements than NT 4 and should run faster.

straight talker
10-14-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Illegal Concepts+Oct 14 2004, 03:12 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Illegal Concepts @ Oct 14 2004, 03:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin---Jk-@Dec 24 2003, 08:50 AM
More interesting discussions?* :rolleyes:* :D

[/b][/quote]
topics perhaps seem boring to some people ,all depends on your own personal interests, perhaps you prefer p2p and warez type discussions, but this type of subject isnt popular here. jk who you quoted made a total of four posts in less than a month and i think was a great kazaa supporter and hasnt posted since january so i guess it wasnt his kind of forum, if you are interested in different topics start a topic of your choice, im sure no one aims to offend on the forum but by reading and learning a little of what the site is about you will see that kazaa caused quite a lot of spamming for a while so is now not a very welcome subject , everyone tries to help on all subjects but obviously dont appreciate having the same thing rammed at them every day. this forum is a great resource with a good moderator and thrives because of the clean cut image it has.

gaffer
12-03-2004, 07:04 AM
I agree, this site is amazing.
I found it and are now telling all my friends. Keep up the good work. Old is better B)

Shock
12-03-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by straight talker+Oct 14 2004, 06:21 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (straight talker @ Oct 14 2004, 06:21 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -Illegal Concepts@Oct 14 2004, 03:12 AM
<!--QuoteBegin---Jk-@Dec 24 2003, 08:50 AM
More interesting discussions?* :rolleyes:* :D

topics perhaps seem boring to some people ,all depends on your own personal interests, perhaps you prefer p2p and warez type discussions, but this type of subject isnt popular here. jk who you quoted made a total of four posts in less than a month and i think was a great kazaa supporter and hasnt posted since january so i guess it wasnt his kind of forum, if you are interested in different topics start a topic of your choice, im sure no one aims to offend on the forum but by reading and learning a little of what the site is about you will see that kazaa caused quite a lot of spamming for a while so is now not a very welcome subject , everyone tries to help on all subjects but obviously dont appreciate having the same thing rammed at them every day. this forum is a great resource with a good moderator and thrives because of the clean cut image it has. [/b][/quote]
And I admit it, that guy was me, I posted a whole lot of stuff on Kazaa in different threads, the people started to get annoyed but I continued because I was stupid and this was the first forum I&#39;ve been too.
Eathen if I annoyed alot that time teached me alot about forums, and I stayed away a big while not because this wasn&#39;t my kind of forum but because I went to practice the things that OV tought me. In that while of time I&#39;ve grew up and I know how to post in a forum and what happened then wont happen again.

dragonfire
01-29-2005, 05:28 AM
this is a bloody great site glad i found it