PDA

View Full Version : Windows Media Player 7.1

thebigword
11-20-2002, 08:14 PM
Does anyone one have Windows Media Player 7.0, not 7.1? 7.1 is giving me problems. :blink:

OldVersion.com Admin
11-20-2002, 08:55 PM
Was 7.0 ever released? :unsure:

Therese
11-20-2002, 09:07 PM
I have a file WMP7 9,3 MB and a file WMP 7.1 10,1 MB. I will try to transfer a copy to OldVersion.com of WMP 7.
I hope it is the right one.

Judy
11-26-2003, 08:13 AM
Hi All......

Fairly computer illiterate here, I just installed WMP 7.1 from oldversion ( thank you ) and am trying to view an online WebCam. WMP 7.1 says the Class is not registered/Error 80040154. MS has no further help ? I am on 98SE - IE 6. Thanks for any help.

locustfurnace
11-26-2003, 09:10 AM
The webcam broadcast your wanting to view, the first thing is, is it in Windows Media Format, ASF, Real Audio/Video, Quicktime? other?
Since it could be in any number of formats, your WMP7 can not play all of those. It may even be in a WMV v9.0 or higher than what codec versions you have installed.
the class error can be that you do not have the proper decoding codecs to view the stream.
you might want to check the website that you got the webcam address for any specific directions or needed files to view the stream

11-26-2003, 10:37 AM
Hi locustfurnace....
Thank you for your quick reply. Checked the website: http://www.raccooncam.com, and there are no special instructions other than for AOL users, I can access a "picture" on the "special AOL" page but I am not on AOL, I have Direcway SL. Don't mean to be annoying but I don't have a clue how to tell what format it is in ? or what a codec is ? All I can see on the page link above is the frame with a grey bg. Thanks again.....

locustfurnace
11-26-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Guest@Nov 26 2003, 11:37 AM
All I can see on the page link above is the frame with a grey bg.* Thanks again.....
thanks for the website, that clears up alot. thats what i keep saying, if someone posts software request's it helps ALOT when they stick the site with the posting.
I went ot the website, and am looking right now at the "grey box" which happens to be showing me a live camera feed with some sort of turkey on it : )
this does not require WMP, it uses java. so what web browser are you using? IE? Netscape? you will need the java runtime environment to see the "live camera feed"

you will only need the WMP if you want to view the cam archives

by the way, the website is using this software (not necessary to view the feed, just if you was wondering what they used)
http://www.surveyor.com/index_webcam32.html

tncoons
11-26-2003, 04:12 PM
Hi locustfurnace.....me again, I have 98SE, IE 6

tncoons
11-26-2003, 04:14 PM
sorry locustfurnace, went to check my IE V and accidently ? sent previous post, I am using MS IE V 6.0.2800.1106 or at least that's what it says....
thanks again.....Judy

locustfurnace
11-26-2003, 09:16 PM
you posted another thread which was not necessary, since the subject was already being discussed here.
in this thread you say you have IE6, but in the other thread, you say you have IE5.5. which do you have? (to keep it less confusing, the other post was removed, this will keep the topic in one thread, and any and all answers will remain together)

Originally posted by tncoons+Nov 26 2003, 06:14 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tncoons @ Nov 26 2003, 06:14 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>sorry locustfurnace, went to check my IE V and accidently ? sent previous post, I am using MS IE V 6.0.2800.1106 or at least that&#39;s what it says....
thanks again.....Judy[/b]<!--QuoteBegin--tncoons@Nov 26 2003, 10:38 PM
Need some help on what to download to get online Webcam32 to display ?* I am on Windows 98 SE, IE 5.5.* Again, I am trying to access camera display
at: http://www.raccooncam.com

Thanks and Happy Turkey Day to all that observe it &#33;

Judy[/quote]

I probably should not have mentioned anything about the webcam32, since it has nothing to do with making things work, as i already said you need java.
if you have IE5.5, then you could update to 6.0 and then get it that way when you upgrade to 6.0, but since you say here you have 6.0, you may need to do an update to get the missing components.
on the web browser, if you click TOOLS, then WINDOWS UPDATE, it will take you to the MS update page, find what you need updated. and if you opt to get 6.0 (a 30megs download or so) then you can get the JavaVM, or RE.

you can obtain java from SunMicrosystems here,
http://java.com/en/download/manual.jsp
on this page there is 2 options, 1. Windows (Installation) and below it is 2. Windows (Offline Installation)
difference is download size, first 1. is just 1.4megs, and the #2 is 15megs. it is the same file, one just lets you download the whole package, and install whenever you like the other is for installing while online, and might result in a smaller download, as you can pick the options you wish to download at that time.
as to which package to get, if you have dial-up access, got with the #1, if you have faster connection, might as go with either or but i&#39;d suggest the second, since once you have the file you can save it somewhere (on a CD and never need to d/l it again.

also, quickly doing a search on past threads gave me a previous post that has some links for obtaining Java, check here for the links
http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&f=3&t=1048&hl= (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=1048&hl=)

carlos
11-27-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Judy@Nov 26 2003, 09:13 AM
Hi All......

Fairly computer illiterate here, I just installed WMP 7.1 from oldversion ( thank you ) and am trying to view an online WebCam. WMP 7.1 says the Class is not registered/Error 80040154. MS has no further help ? I am on 98SE - IE 6. Thanks for any help.
:rolleyes:

locustfurnace
11-27-2003, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by carlos+Nov 27 2003, 03:59 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (carlos @ Nov 27 2003, 03:59 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Judy@Nov 26 2003, 09:13 AM
Hi All......

:rolleyes: [/b][/quote]
are you trying to say something Carlos? forget to add your own statment? or just wasting time and got nothing better to do then quote someone else&#39;s post and add a smile to it?

tncoons
11-27-2003, 10:40 AM
Hi locustfurnace...

Sorry to have added the confusion of another topic. I truly appreciate your patience and knowledge. Trying to "repair" my IE 6 ( thinking the Java config was not installed) with the "Internet Explorer Repair Tool" it said a component was out of date ( scrrun.dll ),so I stupidly went back to the "previous version", 5.5. I am off now to follow your advice. This is the first board I have had the courage to post on computer related and am amazed at the knowledge and information available. Spent most of yesterday in Archives. I sincerely thank all that monitor and offer friendly help on OldVersion, very few are as nice as the knowledgable are here. We are very rural so no credible local help is available, thank you again for your patience.

Judy

tncoons
12-07-2003, 12:31 PM
Hi locustfurnace,

Just checking in to update on my prob u were helping me with. I re installed IE 6, went back to WMP 6.4, have Sun Java installed correctly per Sun&#39;s "test" and all other java apps are all working fine but still cannot access:

http://www.raccooncam.com

The error msg Sun displays is: JavaCamPush notinited

So I am thinking it is something to do with web site owner&#39;s camera set up ?
and not my computer Java installation or WMP. Thanks again for your patience and help.

Judy - tncoons

locustfurnace
12-07-2003, 07:33 PM
Do you have a fast enough net connection that you could download another web browser? Such as Netscape or Mozilla? and give it a spinw ith another browser?
It is also possible, that the IE is not set up to enable java. you might have to enable the java support via the "Tools" / "Internet Options"- (cant rem exactly where it is, not running under windows so will have to check on the exact steps later)
So i will get back to this when i can walk through it and get exact steps.

guest_Brian
12-19-2003, 03:34 PM
The archive executable for Windows Media Player, version 7, is corrupt.

guest_Brian
12-19-2003, 03:35 PM
...that&#39;s 7.1, actually.

locustfurnace
12-19-2003, 06:55 PM
What browser are you using to download it? this used to be a problem when downloading with Netscape. did not think it was an issue today though, but still could be.

How many times did you download it?

tncoons
12-28-2003, 01:34 PM
Hi locustfurnace.....

Me again, just wanted to let you know what I learned regarding the Java web site I was unable to access..... http://www.raccooncam.com

Evidently it is not a MS Java or a Sun Java problem but rather the program being used to offer the Java having a conflict with both MS and Sun. The author&#39;s of the program are of course blaming both MS and Sun and from reading they (the authors of the program) are not interested in fixing the problem. I am not willing to name the program on the forum as my information came from other users, not the actual programmers.

Thanks again for your help, it is nice people like you that help those of us that are not that computer literate to reach out and learn....this has been a learning experience &#33; Thanks again and a safe and prosperous New Year to ya......

Judy - tncoons