PDA

View Full Version : Requests For Old Retail Software

Jaime Andrés
12-19-2003, 09:01 PM
As a newbie to these forums my first post was a request for an old O/S system. This thread was locked after a couple of postings. After trawling through previous posts I now understand the legal reasons why requests for old retail versions of applications cannot be fulfilled.
As a suggestion perhaps the admin should pin advice about this at the top of the 'Requests' page to alert newbies of the rules. As a moderator of another forum I know how frustrating it can be when the same old questions keep cropping up, however it is unlikly that a new forum member/guest is going to search through years of posts looking for potential pitfalls.

EDIT: maybe a FAQ's page would be useful as well. :unsure:

locustfurnace
12-20-2003, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Jaime Andrés+Dec 19 2003, 11:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jaime Andrés @ Dec 19 2003, 11:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>however it is unlikly that a new forum member/guest is going to search through years of posts looking for potential pitfalls.
EDIT: maybe a FAQ&#39;s page would be useful as well. :unsure:[/b]
There is a FAQS,
<!--QuoteBegin--FAQS@ http://www.oldversion.com/faq.php
Why do you only have freeware and shareware?
This is not a "warez" site. We are able to legally distribute only freeware and shareware, since they are free.[/quote]