PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Problems [ The Final Solution ]

Albon
12-20-2003, 08:37 AM
(1) Download and Install Kazaa Lite k++ v2.4.3 ( or the latest version )
(http://www.k-lite.tk/)

Don't Uninstall Kazaa Before You Install Kazaa Lite k++
To secure your Kazaa preferences ( shared folder/s location ) Run Klite++
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(2) GET RID OF KAZAA COMPLETELY [ latest version inludes web redirection ]

Use Regseeker 1.30 ro remove all Kazaa entries
http://www.hoverdesk.net/index.htm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Run Klite++ [ Use the "HELP" if problems exist ]

Don't "Force Being A Supernode" if on dialup
Menu / File / jump supernode
There it Is The Best Kazaa Ever

ps: Start PL K-Lite Master(1000)
Some general settings are:
Dial-up users should have from 2 and 6 downloads and 2 uploads.
Users with basic cable and ADSL variants should have between
4 and 8 downloads and between 3 and 6 uploads.
Users with fast cable and ADSL variants should have between
6 and 10 downloads and between 5 and 10 uploads.
Users a high speed connection (corporate LAN, university networks)
should have between 10a nd 16 downloads and 10 and 16 uploads.

http://www.geocities.com/albonforbes/klite.jpg

removed links: 2004-19-07 refer to [Oldversion.com vs Sharman Networks (http://www.oldversion.com/sharman.php)

The Dude
12-21-2003, 06:28 AM
This program is AMAZING!!!!!!

Im talking about REG SEEKER,this BLOWS REG VAC THE HELL AWAY!!!!!!!

Reg vac is supposed to clean your registry of un-needed keys,well it usually took out 6 keys every other day when i ran it.....

WHEN I D/L'ED REG SEEKER,IT FOUND OVER 800 UN-NEEDED KEYS!!!!! I was looking for something better than reg vac for awhile....THIS IS THE ULTIMATE REG CLEANER!!!!!!!!

Thanx to the dude who posted this link,your awesome!!!!!!

The Dude :)

12-30-2003, 11:05 AM
downlod kazza begone it deletes everything automatically

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=3446

Marius
12-31-2003, 01:30 AM
you probably don't realize this yet, but you shouldn't be reccomending klite to people, it's dying. K-lite users are locked out of many supernodes, and big files often will not download at all for klite users. Also, you find alot less stuff on klite.

Klite still works a bit now, for little files, but it was targeted by Sharman networks for elimination. It will not work at all in future versions of kazaa and will work worse and worse until then.

Instead, download kazaa 2.6 (it's the new one) and dietk, dietk will alow you to use the regular kazaa client while disabling or removing all spyware. Kazaa plud dietk works much better than kazaa lite. I know this to be accurate, i was a longtime kazaa lite user.

Tim
12-31-2003, 02:50 PM
Marius, What about Diet-k ? Doesn't it work ok?? Thanks...

Tim

-Jk-
12-31-2003, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Marius@Dec 31 2003, 02:30 AM
Instead, download kazaa 2.6 (it's the new one) and dietk, dietk will alow you to use the regular kazaa client while disabling or removing all spyware. Kazaa plud dietk works much better than kazaa lite. I know this to be accurate, i was a longtime kazaa lite user.
Well I just tried Kazaa 2.6 with DietK. I didn't have it installed for long until I got pissed,removed it and installed Kazaa Lite again. Sure, DietK is a nice program and it removed the worst Spyware, but Kazaa 2.6 is still so full of Ads and other crap that it's almost unusuable IMO. It was slow as hell too, thanks to all the friggin' ads.

01-01-2004, 08:44 PM
Hi -Jk-, Try this out my friend and you'll love it! This is the KaZaA Lite K++ and it rocks!

http://www.g4techtv.com/feature.aspx?article_key=44039

The KaZaA Lite K++ "download file" is at the bottom of the page.....You also might want to check out the "Related Links" list below the download file and check out the first one " Dark Tip: Block the RIAA" It'll take to another page where you can get "Peer Guardian" that little program blocks the RIAA ;-) n-joy all..

Tim

01-02-2004, 02:53 PM
What do you use to open Kazaa Lite K Lite++ with? I'm on AOL and I'm clueless. A box opens saying it is too big for AOL. I'm not very computer literate (DUH) and have no idea what to try next. HELP!

Joseph

George
01-03-2004, 12:52 AM
I am also an AOLer and I'm having the same problem, Joseph. I have clicked on everything to open Kazaa +++. I'm hoping somebody can help us.

George

-Jk-
01-03-2004, 09:30 AM
I forgot to mention that I'm already using Kazaa Lite K++

Thanks anyway :)

Jaime Andrés
01-03-2004, 08:14 PM
Perhaps I am being rather purile here but I downloaded an early version of kazaa (ver 2.0) from oldversion.com because I was pissed off with all of Sharman's accessories in 2.52, and now it just flies along. I must admit to adding kazaa hack 2.1 but only to streamline downloads :rolleyes:

David Main
01-19-2004, 08:15 AM
Yes KLIte++ 2.4.3 is the go!!
No problems with the RegSeeker solution first time...done.
Recommended.
DM Western Australia

joesa
01-27-2004, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Marius@Dec 31 2003, 02:30 AM
you probably don't realize this yet, but you shouldn't be reccomending klite to people, it's dying. K-lite users are locked out of many supernodes, and big files often will not download at all for klite users. Also, you find alot less stuff on klite.

Klite still works a bit now, for little files, but it was targeted by Sharman networks for elimination. It will not work at all in future versions of kazaa and will work worse and worse until then.

hey r u working for sharman or somthing like that?? r u crazy i just downloaded like 3 dvd rips as fast as always... you r a LIAR... U work for the enemy..... :angry:

locustfurnace
01-27-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by joesa+Jan 27 2004, 03:44 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (joesa @ Jan 27 2004, 03:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>hey r u working for sharman or somthing like that?? r u crazy i just downloaded like 3 dvd rips as fast as always... you r a LIAR... U work for the enemy..... :angry:[/b]
You did not read what they posted.
Which enemy would that be?
Did you actually download 3 DVD&#39;s? or "like" 3 dvd&#39;s?

Originally posted by -Marius@Dec 31 2003, 02:30 AM
Klite still works a bit now..
<!--QuoteBegin--joesa@Jan 27 2004, 03:44 PM
It will not work at all in future versions of kazaa and will work worse and worse until then.[/quote]

anonomous
04-04-2004, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by Guest@Jan 2 2004, 03:53 PM
What do you use to open Kazaa Lite K Lite++ with? I&#39;m on AOL and I&#39;m clueless. A box opens saying it is too big for AOL. I&#39;m not very computer literate (DUH) and have no idea what to try next. HELP&#33;

Joseph
to get around the problem of getting too big to open in aol problem
go to internet options and tell it to ask if ie should be the default browser when you open ie
then open ie and tell it to be the default browser and then try doing whatever it was and it should open in ie instead of aol

jordanpardy1
04-07-2004, 04:08 PM
I haven&#39;t tried out Kazaa Lite K++ (or whatever it is) yet but I tried downloading an way older Kazaa on www.oldversion.com Because I am having this trouble with my Kazaa::

1. You can only use Kazaa v.2.6 one time, after that it closes automatically, THATS WEIRD, there must be a problem on my computer.

jordanpardy1
04-07-2004, 04:14 PM
Ok. I am jordanpardy1 replying again... Anyway, as I said, I got Kazaa v.2.6 and problems... (i got the beta version) and I am downloading an older version, after that I will try what u said about K-lite..

;)

kittykat
04-08-2004, 01:23 PM
where can i get Regseeker 1.30 at? i couldn&#39;t find it anywhere at that website. i searched at downloads.com and nothing came up.

locustfurnace
04-08-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by kittykat@Apr 8 2004, 01:23 PM
where can i get Regseeker 1.30 at? i couldn&#39;t find it anywhere at that website. i searched at downloads.com and nothing came up. .

Regseeker v1.30b
http://www.geo.utep.edu/pub/ladewig/RegSeeker.zip
Regseeker v1.35
http://www.snapfiles.com/dlnow/dlnow.dll?I...nc=No&ID=105503 (http://www.snapfiles.com/dlnow/dlnow.dll?Inc=No&ID=105503)

ebmocwen
04-28-2004, 02:08 PM
I am using Windows 95 with a DSL connection. I d&#39;loaded Kazaa ver 2.0.2 from oldversion.com. It installed great, but when I open the program, it will not connect. All the ads and popups d&#39;load fine ...... but it just says, "connecting" down in the lower right and never goes any further. I d&#39;loaded klite 2.0.2 and 2.4.3, but when I try to install them I get a message saying "requires Windows version 4.1 or later" and nothing installs. I d&#39;loaded WinMX ver 3.1 and installed it, but everytime I start the program I get a message saying "WinMX could not open a TCP/IP port for listening (WinMX is now in passive firewalled mode)", and then it starts trying to connect but never does. I see a lot in the previous posts about several versions of Kazaa (lite, diet, ++), are they supposed to run together or something? And these Reg programs mentioned, I assume they refer to the registry, but: what is it, why do I need it, and how do I use it? Help&#33;

locustfurnace
04-28-2004, 02:24 PM
The registry apps are for removing registry entries, you only need if you had previously installed a later versions and now want to revert back to an older version. as the saying goes, if you dont know what you need it for, you prolly dont need it.
The programs that will not connect are due to the servers no longer existing, so it will try to connect to non-existing servers.

If you cant get these programs to work, try using one of the many alternatives to these kazza apps, which has been mentioend already in previous postings, and i just added the link to the previous posting in a recent thread.

guest_Lee
04-30-2004, 04:09 AM
I think I have the best kazaa version thing going. I have the latest version of kazaa and it was so filled with crap it was too painful to use and when I ran diet k it removed all the spyware and then kazaa wouldn&#39;t run becase I removed the spyware so then I found onldversion.com and got the ealiest version of kazaa and then ran it through diet k after uninstalling Krapzaa 2.5 and it works better than I can remember any of my P2P programs have. Its great. No ads, no spyware, no yellow reccomendations and no fake buttons.

ebmocwen
04-30-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by guest_Lee@Apr 30 2004, 04:09 AM
got the ealiest version of kazaa and then ran it through diet k after uninstalling Krapzaa 2.5
What do you mean by "ran it through"?

Goslow
04-30-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by ebmocwen+Apr 30 2004, 07:18 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ebmocwen @ Apr 30 2004, 07:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--guest_Lee@Apr 30 2004, 04:09 AM
ran it through diet k
What do you mean by "ran it through"? [/b][/quote]
He would mean that he used the dietk software to remove the unwanted components of kazaa.I posted a link to the dietk website in the forum and others have also subsequently linked there,search the ovforum and go to the dietk home site to learn more of what the software does.
btw It has nothing to do with cats.

Lt. Ed
05-11-2004, 10:11 PM
I dont know why but for some reason I cannot run kazaa 2.4.0 and above for some reason. It just shows the top toolbar and freezees. I am running windows XP. It works on my laptop(Running the same OS), but it doesent work on my desktop computer.

myfriendwilly7
05-13-2004, 02:08 AM
The amount of information I would need to help you is far greater than just that you run XP on a desktop machine. In fact, no amount of information you could give could help too much; I would need to be there to see what&#39;s going on for myself. For now I would just suggest to completely uninstall it, including registry information, and reinstall it being careful what you choose. Most likely, however, this won&#39;t help. It&#39;s just conflicting with something. So if that doesn&#39;t work, and I say again it probably won&#39;t, then you should find a tech-savvy friend or even a professonal techie. Or just resort to using your laptop. A decent laptop can easily replace a desktop for many uses, and this is one of them. If you have dsl but it isn&#39;t hooked up to your laptop and that is the reason you want to use the desktop for your filesharing, setting the laptop up for dsl would be far easier than trying to discover why kazaa won&#39;t install properly.

Lt. Ed
05-13-2004, 10:09 PM
What is the name in the registry?

05-14-2004, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by Lt. Ed@May 13 2004, 10:09 PM
What is the name in the registry?
download and run kazaa begone it will fix it then try a clean install or try buying cds instead of scrounging from the internet and robbing people of money they should be getting

Lt. Ed
05-14-2004, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Guest@May 14 2004, 06:34 AM
download and run kazaa begone it will fix it then try a clean install or try buying cds instead of scrounging from the internet and robbing people of money they should be getting
whare do i get kazaa begone?

datania
05-15-2004, 12:45 AM
if you arent connecting its most likely you have a firewall on. because i have to turn mine off whenever i have to connect to kazaa (i use klite++). in options go to firewall and unclick everything

05-15-2004, 03:29 AM
http://www.freedownloads.be/html/downloadd...php?down_ID=403 (http://www.freedownloads.be/html/downloaddetail.php?down_ID=403) kazaa begone

Sniffles
05-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Kazaa Resurrection is a seperate development meant to work with the new KMD. Because of the flimsey nature of sites that host it&#39;s download, I can&#39;t give you a concrete link. But, it is only up to version 0.7. Make sure you don&#39;t download anything claiming to be a higher version.

If you are going to use Kazaa, might I recommend PeerGuardian. It&#39;s a free Anti-P2P firewall that blocks all currently known RIAA and MPAA IPs. You can also use it to block Governmental and Spyware IPs as well. http://methlabs.org/

05-17-2004, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by Sniffles@May 17 2004, 03:20 PM
Kazaa Resurrection is a seperate development meant to work with the new KMD. Because of the flimsey nature of sites that host it&#39;s download, I can&#39;t give you a concrete link. But, it is only up to version 0.7. Make sure you don&#39;t download anything claiming to be a higher version.

If you are going to use Kazaa, might I recommend PeerGuardian. It&#39;s a free Anti-P2P firewall that blocks all currently known RIAA and MPAA IPs. You can also use it to block Governmental and Spyware IPs as well. http://methlabs.org/
what an utter load of old crap, most governmental and riaa ips are unknown as they change regularly to avoid this blocking try posting fact and not fiction. kazaa is virtually finished its dying out fast and your clutching at straws buddy currently almost 2 out 3 files are dud or virus ridden the powers to be are distroying kazzaa and you might as well face the fact

guest_Brian
05-17-2004, 07:53 PM
i actually dont get what you&#39;re saying. i followed all your instruction exactly to a tee and now k-lite keeps telling me that i dont have kazaa on my machine and that i need to install it

astoundedfruitbat
05-20-2004, 10:59 AM
For all of you who are wondering what&#39;s up with Klite, all you have to do is google Klite to find a news article on what&#39;s happening. Sharman networks is stifling ALL older versions of Kazaa in order to get rid of Klite, which is based on an older version. Get it? That means downloading older versions of Kazaa will be stifled as well. However, you will still be able to connect to people running older versions and download from them, but you will be cut off from the main stream Kazaa calls the "fast track."

I have experienced the slowness in Kazaalite which is why I googled it in the first place. I HAVE heard that other people aren&#39;t having as bad a problem, but I think it all depends on the time of day and luck.

In the article I read it said that it is POSSIBLE for Kazaalite to have it&#39;s own fast track, but many people have turned off the supernode function allowing for less search results for everyone else. So for those who are still turning up searches (and connections), I suspect you are just lucky enough to catch someone who is functioning as a supernode and ALSO connected to other older version Kazaa(lite) users.

One strange thing that I&#39;ve noticed though, is that no matter what version you are running the total number of people on the network are always the same (displayed at the bottom of kazaa or kazaalite.)

astoundedfruitbat
05-20-2004, 04:18 PM
I also wanted to add that winmx is a good alternative to Kazaa minus all the spyware junk. It has a healthy number of users and is pretty intuitive to use unlike bit torrent and some other P2P programs.

Slim Jim
05-22-2004, 11:39 AM
All Kazaa&#39;s are naff.

If you download the legal version - you get tons of spyware and adware. Even if you remove the crap you are still more and more likely to get sued now days. KaZaa Lite K++ is the best "cracked" version but it is based on an old version of kazaa that was badly written and will probably fuk your pc up. :D

Bemis83
06-05-2004, 07:20 PM
I&#39;ve used Kazaa-Lite for a couple of years, now. I&#39;ve noticed that the number of users is about half what it was before Sharman screwed things up. Also, even though I get some hits on a search, most of the time I get "remotely queued" and never get the files no matter how long I let it run.
Is this the rumored obsolescence of Kazaa-Lite or is Kazaa itself losing users?
And what&#39;s up with the "newer" versions of Kazaa-Lite? They sound kind of hokey to me.
Before I read some of the posts in here, I was considering Kazaa with Diet-K. Some seem to like it but most don&#39;t.

B83

the gaffer
06-06-2004, 04:18 AM
again this is not a kazaa board your question would be far better suited on a board dedicated to p2p apps try this one http://www.filesharingtalk.com/index.php

Bemis83
06-06-2004, 07:26 AM
again this is not a kazaa board ...

I&#39;m sorry. I thought this was a board dedicated to the use of old versions of Kazaa-Lite. My post qualifies.

B83

locustfurnace
06-06-2004, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Bemis83@Jun 6 2004, 07:26 AM
I thought this was a board dedicated to the use of old versions of Kazaa-Lite.
No, this is not a site dedicated to old kazaa-lite. This is a board dedicated to the use of old software. Not being exclusive to kazaa-Lite. Kazaa and its offsprings are just one of the many apps in the OldVersion.com catalog.

Bemis83
06-06-2004, 07:57 AM
I can certainly accept that. That still doesn&#39;t explain (to me) why my question has no validity here.

B83

locustfurnace
06-06-2004, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Bemis83@Jun 6 2004, 07:57 AM
I can certainly accept that. That still doesn&#39;t explain (to me) why my question has no validity here.

B83
Its not so much you or your personal question, it&#39;s rather that the regulars here, are turned off by the constant repeating of the same kazaa questions, in new threads all the time, or simply someone asking the same question which was previously answered.
I think the_gaffer views your question about diet-k as one which has been already handled.

Bemis83
06-06-2004, 07:27 PM
That I can also understand and I apologize. I appreciate the link to the other forum.

B83 :unsure:

the gaffer
06-07-2004, 04:31 AM
Originally posted by Bemis83@Jun 6 2004, 07:57 AM

B83
i apologise if you viewed my reply wrongly , i posted the link mainly because most of the replies to kazaa threads are answered over many times and in many threads similar questions crop up with different replies , many good members here do not use these apps as i believe neither does the moderator LOCUSTFURNACE. therefore it is not possible for genuine members to put pointers in as to whether all replies are accurate, pointing people to a kazaa dedicated site merely was a way of providing you with access to a forum that specialises in filesharing in which the moderators are p2p users as well and therefore more capable than non users of answering your questions.

Bemis83
06-07-2004, 07:31 PM
All&#39;s cool. Sorry I got my panties in a wad.

B83

Linxx
01-15-2008, 10:19 AM
I am still having a persistant connection problem with Kazaa Lite Revolution 2.6. I have disabled windows XP firewall, but still no connection. Any help would be welcome.

the gaffer
01-16-2008, 05:59 AM
again this is not a filesharing forum and for the most part members here do not use p2p software,your best bet is to find a dedicated filesharing forum,kazaa used to be archived here but due to legal reasons no longer is.the info you are asking has been covered here before and you will find it by reading past posts as already pointed out.

Dannyboy63
03-01-2008, 11:23 PM
Hey guys, any one know what might be the issue, I downloaded Kazaa light Resurection, 0.0.7.6.F I have Win Vista home all security is de-activated, no0 firewall while trying to connect. I have tried open as administrator and have installed it both as is, and also tried installing under compatable to Win XP SP2, nothing seems to work. Any clues?
Thanks,
Danny

the gaffer
03-02-2008, 01:53 AM
hi welcome to oldversion,i merged your post into this existing thread,always try a search before posting,this is one of dozens of kazaa threads in which your question has been asked many times read through past postings and im sure this has been covered before as well as links to alternatives,heres the search results for kazaa http://www.oldversion.com/talk/search.php?searchid=330537