PDA

View Full Version : Games

Bennie
01-07-2004, 03:40 PM
i[COLOR=blue] was wondering if someone could put a games section on this page, small ones, like doom or quake or games like that. I run an old 75 mhz and i usually gey all my software on this site.

Thanks

Bennie
01-07-2004, 03:41 PM
sorry i typed my last message quickly and i ment that i have an old 75 mhz toshiba laptop, and the i GET all my software off this site.

Sorry

locustfurnace
01-07-2004, 04:24 PM
OldVersion.com (http://oldversion.com) deals mostly in utilities & apps. With hosting games, you also now need to offer help with those games. and getting games to work on some peoples computers is difficult, as older games were alittle harder to get running, as they mostly installed, ran and relied on DOS drivers. So then you will be forced to also include those necessary DOS drivers, as users will keep asking for missing files.
Plus the fact alot of those games, like the ones you mentioned are large files, an older Quake v 0.9 Demo i have is almost 20 megs. So as you can figure out that any point releases there after will even be much larger.
There are many sites already that do offer games.

TheBulbasaurfreak
01-11-2004, 06:11 AM
Just search for 'old games' on google and there will be a lot of sites on old games.

guest_bennie
01-19-2004, 12:54 PM
well i could supply the full game along with trouble shooting, its about 50 meg. i have ran games such as quake for a long time, and when i searched on google i got nothing but demos. it really isn't that hard to run

locustfurnace
01-19-2004, 12:59 PM
Thanks for the offer, but if it is a retail app, that is illegal to share with others, this site does not offer retail apps, only Freeware and Shareware. Also, games are handled by many sites, OldVersion archives Windows utilites and applications.

VolodyAnarchist
01-20-2004, 02:53 AM
edited, do not post links to Abandonware sites (they want $4 - $6 though)
Thas serves some old games, but i think most are even older than what you are requesting. For some fun i also like KAOS Games (http://www.geocities.com/game_master_general/) they are new, but as good as old. q;-)

Free your mind and seek the truth.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . - VolodyA! V Anarhist

Bennie
01-24-2004, 08:20 AM
you have to pay for kazaa now, and u still have it, you have to pay for dead aim, and u still have it.

locustfurnace
01-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Bennie@Jan 24 2004, 09:20 AM
you have to pay for kazaa now, and u still have it, you have to pay for dead aim, and u still have it.
You have to pay for the service. The apps hosted on Oldversion are the shareware, freeware versions, not retail apps.
If kazaa and deadaim charge for their service after a trial period of using the program, then it means it is shareware. If the software is free to download but requires paying for a subscription, the software is still free to host. You download the newest Naspter for free also. but it costs money for each download. .
Whatever your trying to point out still wont change the fact that OldVersion is not hosting games.