PDA

View Full Version : Hp Idea Kits

hugo
01-24-2004, 04:36 PM
Hewlett-Packard formerly had some free "Make an Impression" CD disks, containing PrintMaster Publishing suites. My last is a 1999 version that has become damaged with surface scratches.

I would very much like to obtain a new (or undamaged) version of one of these great programs - maybe even a later release.

Your help will be appreciated!

the gaffer
01-24-2004, 06:03 PM
try searching www.ebay.com there is literally hundreds of listings in the software section

locustfurnace
01-24-2004, 09:52 PM
Most of these "free" cds are actually retail software that your computer OEM, such as Hewlett Packard, made deals with the developers of those titles which for this particular app would have been Broderbund (http://www.broderbund.com/ProductGroup.asp?CID=116), to be able to ship them when they sold the systems, to spice the deals up, and to give new users some software for their new computers.
This is still a retail product, so you will not be able to find it on this site, but, if you click the link above to find new versions of these titles.
If you want those older ones, then as the_gaffer says, one good place to start would be ebay, the second would be to search on google for second hand software, or used titles.

pun
02-08-2004, 05:52 AM
I have in the past wrote to the company that released the "free" disk, explained my problem and offered to mail the damaged disk back for a replacement. In a lot of cases, they are willing to do this for a small fee provided they still have the mentioned disk in stock. But companies that sell the disk don't seem to do this replacement for you. They are in the business to make money and count damaged disk replacement as revenue.