PDA

View Full Version : Convert Midi Files To Mp3??

jazz
03-25-2004, 01:33 AM
hi guys, i wanna know if i can convert midi files into mp3 or something so that i am able to play it in my cd player :huh:

locustfurnace
03-25-2004, 11:03 AM
Read this posting, which was a few threads from yours (note, search before posting similar threads), same concept, just take another step, once you obtain the wav file, just compress it to mp3
http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=3&t=2124 (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=2124)

jazz
03-26-2004, 02:16 AM
hi thanks but dont you think you are being a bit strict or sth with the members in here?? :o huh thts just me!

locustfurnace
03-26-2004, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by jazz@Mar 26 2004, 03:16 AM
hi thanks but dont you think you are being a bit strict or sth with the members in here?? :o huh thts just me!
What makes you think that? This site is run by volunteers, I am one of them. This site is not a subscription based service either. The owners do not make money by the users who visit here.
If users of this forum do not like the way it is being run, then they are not obligated to stay.

I find most of the files, the rules I have spelt out, make is simpler for me to locate files for someone else. Asking them to fill out alittle bit of info is the least they can do. After all, I am spending my time to help locate files for people I do not even know. I do not understand why people seem to take offense to this. Is it not enough that the site is free, finding the files does not cost anyone, just the person searching - in their time, bandwidth.
I find it unbelieveable that people have to complain about the way I ask them to post, or to search, what more do they want? All you have to do is fill in some info, and someone; usually me, will locate the files for you, a file which you can not find on your own, else you would not be asking here. Asking you to search is not mind boggling either, all sites will ask that you search before posting a new thread.

I know most computer users are lazy and want someone else to solve their problems, so that they can get back to having a fun time on their system, but sometimes, the user needs to supply information I would have to be a mind reader to figure out otherwise.

The HowTo post was pinned to make it easier to find, I also admended it with a simple template, so that people could copy 'n paste now.

Part of keeping the site friendly is by maintaining it. Why should I be forced to edit postings after the fact, when I can suggestion to people before they post, on how to properly post.

Mentioning to you about searching a few threads down from this one does not seem strict to me, it's just pointing out, that had you looked a little down the page, you would have seen an exact thread to yours. Why post a new one? What reason is there for creating new threads all the time pertaining to the same subjects? It does not serve the users any good, who later look for postings, when they need to filter through a few dozen threads dealing with the same extact topic.
If I was strict, which I have been on some sites which were, I would have removed your posting, and any other users posting - which are redundant, and say, "try again correctly this time".
Instead, I am pointing out to you, that had you looked a few lines down, you might have had an answer NOW, instead of waiting for someone to reply back to your thread. What is so wrong with that?

Being a member also requires some contribution on part of its members, which might be, to post correctly or follow the guidelines of the site.
For the people who complain about how I moderate the forum, they should take into consideration how much I have given to this site before questioning. If this site had vulgarity and was full of spammed threads and useless info; such as dead links, uncomfirmed versions, links to illegal warez, do you think alot of people would visit here? No, they would not.

No one complains when I find them their files or answer their questions. They only complain when I ask them to help me out some, by filling out info, posting correctly or searching. I give alot of time here, moderating AND answering questions AND finding those hard to find old versions AND giving alternative apps.

I'd like to know from those who are always complaining about how I run the board, just how much they themselves have contributed? Mostly, those who do complain, have never contributed a single file, links, suggestion, They just want files, and do not want to drop a link to the program they want found.Then complain about how difficult it is to tell us where the homepage is for the files they want found.

No, this reply is not directly aimed at you either. Remember that future readers will read these posts. By writing a generalized reply, This is hoping anyone who later comes across threads which have explainations like this, will know before hand.
This is why I consistantly post the same way in each thread, so that maybe, a potential poster will reads a thread, and notices the "Howto" or the corrections, they will be informed before they post.

guest_guest
05-09-2004, 08:00 AM
you geek

the gaffer
05-09-2004, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by guest_guest@May 9 2004, 08:00 AM
you geek
a shame that this is the sort of reply and feedback people give when its totally unnecessary, how would people feel if guest posting was banned to stop this kind of thing happening,

Jaime Andrés
05-09-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by the gaffer+May 9 2004, 05:07 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (the gaffer @ May 9 2004, 05:07 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--guest_guest@May 9 2004, 08:00 AM
you geek
a shame that this is the sort of reply and feedback people give when its totally unnecessary, how would people feel if guest posting was banned to stop this kind of thing happening, [/b][/quote]
I agree gaffer, however the easiest thing is just to ignore someone that cannot even construct a basic sentence. One reads an eloquent response only to be replied to with two words from an anonymous obviously undereducated lurker. To be fair he/she did manage to write a pronoun.

hooded robin
05-09-2004, 02:58 PM
My sigestion~ dBPowerAmp 10.1 with powerpack.

Also heres a crack for it
http&#58;//ebay.com

locustfurnace
05-09-2004, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by guest_guest+May 9 2004, 08:00 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guest_guest @ May 9 2004, 08:00 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>you geek[/b]
thank you&#33; We computer geeks appreciate the recognition.

<!--QuoteBegin--hooded robin@May 9 2004, 02:58 PM
My sigestion~ dBPowerAmp 10.1 with powerpack.

Also heres a crack for it
http&#58;//ebay.com[/quote]
you dont need a crack for dBPowerAMP, its a free program, If you need the ability of the PowerPack, then pay for it.