PDA

View Full Version : "you Are Running An Old Version" Message

lwalton
12-06-2002, 11:33 AM
This may be a computer help request not intended for this site, but here goes!
In October Norton Systemworks 2003 was installed and it's running great; found & fixed many problems - things are better...but...

When I turn on the computer and desktop loads a scheduled task runs - disk clean and then I get the "old version message." I thought it was telling me Windows 98SE was outdated because there was no info explaining what the message was linked to (just an X to click/close) - but I have installed all the Windows critical updates and the message still shows at start up.

I went to Start- Programs-Accessories-System tools- Scheduled Tasks and disk clean is enabled. ( I disabled it for 1 start up to see if the message would go away but only the disk clean operation did)
Is this a left over of some of the 2000 Norton maintenance things/ the actual version of NortonAntivirus 2000 seems uninstalled at ADD/REMOVE programs.
Should I leave this alone/ I tend to delete things I really ought not sometimes! (know just enough about the computer to do harm ;-)
Laurie

SSS
12-06-2002, 01:31 PM
You are probably getting this message because you haven't updated your system in a long time. Go to Windows Update (http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com) and see if you have any updates on your system. Also, check to make sure you have installed Recomended updates.

Last edited by SSS at Dec 6 2002, 02:34 PM