PDA

View Full Version : Limewire

PsycoJoe
04-17-2004, 01:48 PM
[FONT=Arial]Ok hey all... i like everyone else has been having problems with kazaa lite/kazaa. There is a simple solution to all of your problems. JUST DUMP KAZAA and KAZAA LITE. There is no real way to fix them, you are always going to get messed up files on them anyways. But i have finaly found a solution. The answer is lime wire. The newest version of lime wire has no spyware. It also downloads faster then kazaa and yes that is true. The only thing it lacks is a screen type of thing but you can always play picture media in a media player sucha as real or window media player. Believe me it makes up for the screen loss. Theres almost no corupted files. And when you find a corupted file Lime Will alert you before the file is done downloading, before it reaches your computer. All in all kazaa was a good program until it turned into crap. just go with limewire i promise it wont be a mistake.

Jaime Andrés
04-17-2004, 03:35 PM
PsycoJoe urged

just go with limewire i promise it wont be a mistake.

I bought Limewire 3.8.9 Pro (about $18) about two weeks ago and find it so unstable with Win XP Pro that it is hardly useable. It crashes and re-sets my system about 8 times out of ten when trying to open the application. I then have to wait for windows to run a lengthy scandisk on the re-boot. Reading limewire forums and researching on google it would appear that this instabilty is a common occurance.
The claimed fast download speeds and claimed ability of file availability is pure myth.
It's the old story that one should check out these things before you buy.
BTW PsycoJoe if you know of a fix for this problem please post it so others with this trouble can rectify it :(
This is classic case where a trial version would have been very useful, I definately would not have bought it. Before anyone asks, I didn't try the free version because it does not have the so called advantages of the Pro version, and I am pop-ad, banners intolerent.

Salopette
04-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by PsycoJoe@Apr 17 2004, 01:48 PM
[FONT=Arial]Ok hey all... i like everyone else has been having problems with kazaa lite/kazaa. There is a simple solution to all of your problems. JUST DUMP KAZAA and KAZAA LITE. There is no real way to fix them, you are always going to get messed up files on them anyways. But i have finaly found a solution. The answer is lime wire. The newest version of lime wire has no spyware. It also downloads faster then kazaa and yes that is true. The only thing it lacks is a screen type of thing but you can always play picture media in a media player sucha as real or window media player. Believe me it makes up for the screen loss. Theres almost no corupted files. And when you find a corupted file Lime Will alert you before the file is done downloading, before it reaches your computer. All in all kazaa was a good program until it turned into crap. just go with limewire i promise it wont be a mistake.
I use a lot LimeWire, and I never found a corrpupted file. But I use LimeWire just for music, I use a lot more Kazaa because I want to download programs, because I think that LimeWire is better in music but worse in app.

runnerbean
04-19-2004, 02:57 PM
kazaa was the worst piece of software ever invented, spyware full rubbish, and then came klite and diet k etc, no spyware but loads of bomb files viruses and rubbish, if you are downloading apps are you downloading copyright stuff, if so its illegal, if not then its far faster to try a trial version from the program developers, there is no reason to download from kazaa apps unless its because you are unwilling to pay, downloads are slow and useless anyway. nobody wants to pay more than they have to for software. but if everyone paid and piracy was stopped then perhaps prices may slowly decline,i agree with people getting sued for downloading pirate stuff, as there is nearly always freeware alternatives. if freeware isnt good enough then you should PAY.file sharing is good if its done properly its just a shame that people such as saloppette have no morels and sponge from the internet instead of being honest and paying for what they want.

guest_guest
05-17-2004, 10:04 AM
to be completely honest i don't like limewire. ive been using it for about a month now and it never actually downloads anything. it just queues the file forever and never downloads. i have been having this same problem with WinMX where i click to download an "available" file and end up get queued in 10th place or something like that. and then after the queue when its my turn to download, it automatically cancels the entire process. lol sort of wasted my time. any way KAzaa lite (as slow as it insists on being all the time) is a good program where that it ACTUALLY let's you download files you want. what a great idea!! :D

06-03-2004, 07:20 AM
lol limewire now that is a joke
k lite is the best out there and on that note kids should not be using it unless they know what they are doing lol.......
if you get bogus files(music,movies) its your own fault,you can easily check what your downloading

Bob
06-03-2004, 02:01 PM
Limewire was fine for me until I tried downloading a game and it turned out to be a virus. Still, all the songs actually work (No annoying noise halfway through). I don't know why they say it's faster than Kazaa because I find it's the complete opposite. It's much slower than Kazaa.

FMX311
06-14-2004, 09:56 PM
is there any spy or ad-ware included in Lime Wire? Im an Mp3 junkie but then again i think about the shit i download...i dont want download this and find my system to be all slow and unstalbe.. is this any good??? :blink:

locustfurnace
06-14-2004, 10:09 PM
http://news.com.com/LimeWire+upgrades+P2P+..._3-5215028.html (http://news.com.com/LimeWire+upgrades+P2P+software/2100-1038_3-5215028.html)

LimeWire Chief Operating Officer Greg Bildson said in a statement. "We have responded to this request. LimeWire 4.0 is completely free of bundling or spyware."

According to one source (link above), 4.0 would be clean, the other version's would seem to have it included.

Noobtastic!
07-20-2004, 12:49 AM
Okay, I searched Limewire's website for forums but was unable to find any so I came here (because this is were I downloaded it from). I downloaded it about a week ago and been downloading files just fine with no complaints. But today I tried to download a couple songs and videos but every single one says "Queued". This is really annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

07-20-2004, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Noobtastic!@Jul 20 2004, 12:49 AM
Okay, I searched Limewire's website for forums but was unable to find any so I came here (because this is were I downloaded it from). I downloaded it about a week ago and been downloading files just fine with no complaints. But today I tried to download a couple songs and videos but every single one says "Queued". This is really annoying. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.
you people who use p2p are so really thick it is unbelievable, type p2p forums in google or your search engine which ever you use and take your pick. the reason it is queued is because there is a queue and if 25 people want a file and the user only allows 3 uploads at once then you join the que until your turn comes round, there is no way round it unless you go buy your damn stuff, get a life you TROLL

07-20-2004, 04:43 PM
Thanks for the help...I guess. Besides you don't have to be a $##@! about it, I tired posting in the most polite way. How come this sudenly started happening?

Bjarnyie
12-23-2004, 01:45 PM
If you are one of the people that likes to download various things... Music... Programs... etc. you would like LimeWire more. What I would do is download LimeWire either from this site or their own site. Since the bastards are dumb enough to not block a search for the newest version of the Professional version for LimeWire, you would go into the program search and search for LimeWire Pro _ _ _ or whatever version it is. Then download it, install it, and you have **poof** turbo charged downloads, better results, more recources, and just everything is better. You would have skins and all this other stuff. Trust me, I did it. My Webpage (http://www.boredashelll.tk)

12-23-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by Bjarnyie@Dec 23 2004, 02:45 PM
If you are one of the people that likes to download various things... Music... Programs... etc. you would like LimeWire more. What I would do is download LimeWire either from this site or their own site. Since the bastards are dumb enough to not block a search for the newest version of the Professional version for LimeWire, you would go into the program search and search for LimeWire Pro _ _ _ or whatever version it is. Then download it, install it, and you have **poof** turbo charged downloads, better results, more recources, and just everything is better. You would have skins and all this other stuff. Trust me, I did it. My Webpage (http://www.boredashelll.tk)
they aint and never will be you need to find a file sharing forum and peddle this sh-- to people who have an interest in it

greg
02-05-2005, 08:01 AM
Lime Wire Pro 4.4.1 is buggy. when I tried to exit out of the program the confirmation window of exiting the program stayed open, and I could not alt control delete it out of my task manager.

02-05-2005, 10:09 AM
http://www.p2pzone.com/modules.php?name=Fo...20ac3d96d47ba46 (http://www.p2pzone.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=4&sid=f65391ba5b96d31bc20ac3d96d47ba46)

Collie
02-05-2005, 10:11 PM
I use to use it tell I got one of the viruse on my computer. I dont use anything know. It killed everything and I had to reformat and I use to have 512 MB's of ram know the most it will read it 165MB's(It feals slower then that). I had kazza before I knew what spyware was.

seaweed
02-16-2005, 02:51 AM
I tried limewire last week, it also qued my requests and when i finaly got a download it was a pain to transfer to file?? perhaps thats becouse i was new to it? But bearshare really works fast easy user freindly!
I also found spywear on lime!!!
Anyway somepeople like to pick up a big stick to beat others with just becouse their stressed, so its illegal to download copywrited material in the USA France and England, it dosent meen it neccessary to call them names? And what about people downloading inSwitzerland Hungary Russia fiji vanatue-----all legal so far!!

And if you buy and use drugs in the USA you get free state paid housing in Morrocco the same, In Holland you get what you want legaly --so it annoys the Belgiums and Germans but the Dutch decided to make it legal thats their choise, their way of life so if we dont agree with it we can live somewhere else--same goes for P2P if you dont like it dont be rude to those that do, Just move on ;)

locustfurnace
02-16-2005, 06:40 AM
Originally posted by seaweed@Feb 16 2005, 03:51 AM
same goes for P2P if you dont like it dont be rude to those that do, Just move on ;)
No one is being rude, just pointing out the obvious, The members that frequent this board do not use P2P apps, and are pointing out where those who do, can find help.
Those that are being rude are generally the no-named "guests" who post illegal content and keep these old p2p threads alive asking for files which are illegal to distribute. Simply reading and familiarizing oneself with the way the board works is common practice on all boards. It's rude to not follow the guidelines set forth by the board.