PDA

View Full Version : Master Recovery Cd For Windows 95

Jan
04-29-2004, 10:27 AM
I am trying to find a Master Restore CD for Windows 95. Microsoft doesn't make them anymore and my computer needs to be restored. Have the diskette, but the Master Restore is lost. Can anyone help?

the gaffer
04-29-2004, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Jan@Apr 29 2004, 10:27 AM
I am trying to find a Master Restore CD for Windows 95. Microsoft doesn't make them anymore and my computer needs to be restored. Have the diskette, but the Master Restore is lost. Can anyone help?
check out www.ebay.com for a copy of windows 95 theres loads for sale for very little money,

locustfurnace
04-29-2004, 11:25 AM
As far as I am aware this is no "Master Restore CD" by Microsoft. If your asking about the Windows 95 OS CD. you can find it on ebay, as the_gaffer has stated.
A 'Master Restore CD' is generally hardware specific, created by the computer hardware vendor, ie. HP, Packard Bell, NEC, Compaq, Gateway, Dell. You need the exact CD for your system, this would include the soundcard, video, motherboard drivers. So using any old one wont necessarily work.
You can use any MS Windows 95 CD to restore the OS, but then you will have to track down the drivers for each device, which can be difficult depending on what sort of hardware you have. Since not all OEM equipment is name brand or was it in production long.
If the system is a COMPAQ, then you can also have problems without using a Compaq Restore CD, due to the way Compaq sets up their systems.