PDA

View Full Version : Scandisk And Windows 98 Problem

Annabelle
05-31-2004, 02:05 AM
I am running Windows 98SE and am having problems running Scandisk, after 10 attempts to run Scandisk I receive the following message:

"ScanDisk has restarted 10 times because Windows or another program has been writing to this drive. Quitting some running programs may enable Scandisk to finish sooner. Do you want to continue receiving this message?"

I have checked the Microsoft Bulletin board and found the following webpage to rectifiy the problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...kb;en-us;222469 (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;222469)

however, I have tried the alternatives applicable to Windows98 as outlined in this bulletin and the problem has not been rectified, any suggestions on how to fix the problem would be appreciated?

(This problem is also affecting disk defragmenter also)

guest_jeff
05-31-2004, 02:35 AM
I've always had the same problem with 98 and ME. Today I was able to sucessfully complete both scandisk and defrag on my ME system by starting in safe mode and unplugging the network cable. I still got the error after 10 restarts but I clicked on "no" to the prompt "do you wish to continue receiving error messages?" after that everything went to completion (but it took all afternoon!) :rolleyes:

05-31-2004, 03:48 AM
havent heard this much in win 98 but it quite common in win me, close all running programs in the system tray usually solves the problem i also found that it is much faster if you do a virus scan first and then disable your av scanner. many users in other forums also find that they work better if your computer has been left idle for a couple hours before running them.

locustfurnace
05-31-2004, 11:22 AM
Just disable ALL background running processes, all you have to do is use the key combo sequence of ctrl+alt+del once, this will bring up the close program dialog box, the only programs needed to have left in the box is explorer and systray, everything you can kill off. Then you can run scandisk.
Or, go to the Start and Shut Down Computer then Restart in MSDOS, and you will be able to run scandisk from the command line.
Just reboot into DOS, then you will see the C: prompt, and just type scandisk, if you want to see all the options for running scandisk, you can type scandisk /?, this will display all the possible switches/options for running scandisk.
You can use the first tip to help run disk defragmentor as well.

05-31-2004, 04:55 PM
also another point worth a mention youe as well off to run the maintenence wizard as theres not much point in running defragmenter without running scandisc first as it will only report that it cannot defragment if there is an error on your drive

locustfurnace
05-31-2004, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Guest@May 31 2004, 04:55 PM
run the maintenence wizard as theres not much point in running defragmenter without running scandisc
I have never used the 'maintanence wizard" myself, after viewing this post, I took another look at it.
The 'maintanence wizard" is nothing more than a scheduling agent. Which really is nothing one _needs_ to run. Your very capable of running scandisk & disk defragmenter on their own.
Making use of the 'maintanence wizard" would be alright, if you seriously think there is some reason you need to set up scheduling to take care of these tasks if your not one to remember to run those tools once a month.
If someone leaves their computers on 24/7, then it would be good to use, or one can set up the task scheduler to handle even more tasks. I would suggest using the task scheduling (mstask.exe), and running the scan registery (scanreg.exe), system file checker (sfc.exe), and ms backup in addition to scandisk & defrag

06-01-2004, 10:08 AM
i am fully aware the wizard is only a scheduling agent ,but when first opened it gives options one of which is perform maintenence now. hence it can be started and left to run through on its own saving the need to start two seperate tasks.

AnnaBelle
06-02-2004, 05:12 AM
When I close programs as suggested by CTL + ALT + DEL, it removes certain icons from my task bar, for example: virus icon, firewall icon, msn messenger icon.......help!

locustfurnace
06-02-2004, 11:33 AM
Yes, this is what you want to do is to remove those running apps. they do not need to run when you plan to do a scandisk. Those apps are causing scandisk to keep resetting.
Procede as suggested, then once those apps are shutdown, run the scandisk.

06-02-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by AnnaBelle@Jun 2 2004, 05:12 AM
When I close programs as suggested by CTL + ALT + DEL, it removes certain icons from my task bar, for example: virus icon, firewall icon, msn messenger icon.......help!
dont panic at the icons disappearing as LF has stated the icons are only there because those programs are running, once you have run scandisc dont worry about getting them back, once you restart your computer those programs that usually run at start up will once again start and the icons will be back as usual, there are some great people here at oldversion and wont tell you bad advice trust them they are a good bunch

Marty
08-01-2004, 12:32 AM
Am running windows 98SE and when I run ScanDisk to scan in the normal mode, I receive the following message:

"ScanDisk has restarted 10 times because Windows or another program has been writing to this drive. Quitting some running programs may enable ScanDisk to finish sooner. Do you want to continue receiving this warning?"

I have deleted items from the CLOSE PROGRAM box (except Explorer and Systray), however, this has made no difference and I am still unable to run ScanDisk.

Can someone help please, thanks?

pun
08-01-2004, 12:59 AM
You could also perform the ScanDisk in DOS mode.

Click START
Click SHUT DOWN
Click RESTART IN MS DOS MODE
Click OK

After the computer Restarts in MS Dos mode you'll see this prompt:

C:\Windows>

Type in scandisk and press [ENTER]

If you click OK to the SURFACE SCAN then a THOROUGH SCAN will be preformed.

After scan is performed, ReStart your computer in Windows mode.

Marty
08-01-2004, 01:10 AM
Thanks Pun for your reply, have tried ScanDisk in Safe Mode, and works, however I do not want to have to go into Safe Mode each time I need to SanDisk?

locustfurnace
08-01-2004, 01:24 AM
What Pun is saying is to do, it is NOT 'SAFE MODE', this is exiting MS Windows and starting in DOS. Once you load DOS, type at the C:> scandisk, then once it finishes, just type win to continue with your windows session. This does not require rebooting the computer at all.
Safe Mode is booting into MS Windows with limited drivers, and support libraries loaded.

Why won't scandisk run properly, most likely it is due to something you are no seeing in the task manager (not all apps will show up), which leads me to believe you may have spyware on your system.

Marty
08-01-2004, 01:56 AM
How do I find out /where do I need to go if I have Spyware installed on my pc?

Pete
08-01-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Marty@Aug 1 2004, 01:56 AM
Ask the experts:
http://www.lavasoftsupport.com/

If you're not familiar with Ad-Aware, start in the "Newbies" section.

locustfurnace
08-01-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Marty@Aug 1 2004, 01:56 AM
You can check the posting on Oldversion.com for spyware removing apps
Adware, Spyware & Content Filtering, Listing of Links (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1405)

There are also a few threads on the subject.

Marty
08-02-2004, 01:22 AM
I downloaded a free trial of Spy Doctor, however, if I want to delete the infections I have to purchase a full version for this to be done, does anyone know of any software that you can download that does a free scan for infections and also deletes the infections without having to purchase the full version (until such time I am able to purchase a full version) also I am unable to disk defragment, when I do defrag my pc is telling me it is defragging, but when I click on the "show details" nothing is happening, just a white blank screen, any advice on this problem also?

pun
08-02-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Marty@Aug 2 2004, 01:22 AM
does anyone know of any software that you can download that does a free scan for infections and also deletes the infections without having to purchase the full version
These 2 are free ad/spy ware tools. They have been recommended many times on OV. Please use the search feature in the future.

Ad Aware 6 Standard Edition (http://lavasoft.element5.com/support/download/)

Spybot S&D 1.3 (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html)

I am unable to disk defragment, when I do defrag my pc is telling me it is defragging, but when I click on the "show details" nothing is happening, just a white blank screen, any advice on this problem also?

You'll find defrag advice and other free defrag programs by doing a Search (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=Search&f=) for defrag

Marty
08-02-2004, 09:04 PM
I've read those replies etc re defrag, however I can't seem to find an answer to my problem, if I want to defrag in safe mode, how do I do that?

Pete
08-03-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by http://www.pcdon.com/page82.html
Safe Mode
* 1 - Go to Start, Shut Down and click Restart. When the PC begins to restart, hold down* your Esc* key while the rebooting takes place. This will put your PC into "Safe Mode," whereby it bypasses a number of different "Start" options, such as printer and scanner* drivers, which may be running in the background and interfering with running ScanDisk* or Defrag.
* 2 - After running ScanDisk and Defrag in Safe Mode, go to Start, Shut Down and turn your PC off. Turn it back on again and it should reboot into the regular Windows mode. Occasionally it may take two or three shutdowns to get back to Windows.

* * * * * *On some computers the F8 key is used instead of the Esc key. Make sure all background applications are shut down. Disable your screen saver.

See also: http://www.aarp.org/computers-howto/Articl...-16-defrag.html (http://www.aarp.org/computers-howto/Articles/a2004-06-16-defrag.html)

pun
08-04-2004, 05:40 AM
You could also perform the ScanDisk in DOS mode.

Thanks Pun for your reply, have tried ScanDisk in Safe Mode, and works, however I do not want to have to go into Safe Mode each time I need to SanDisk?

if I want to defrag in safe mode, how do I do that?

I've read those replies etc re defrag,

If you read the other posts on defrag then did you see this posted by LF:

Even Microsoft states that the built in defrag tool in Win95 --> Me is rather poor. it is not designed like third party apps are. Microsoft just supplys the bare minimum in a defrag tool

Or this link Defrag_to_shutdown (http://medlem.spray.se/mokkelmannen/) for Win 9x/ME posted by LF

It was quite easy to see you didn't read what LF posted above your post about Spy Doctor cause if you did and you had of clicked on the Adware, Spyware & Content Filtering, Listing of Links (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1405) you would have found this heading: Spyware Removal Programs and under that heading this SpybotSD (http://spybot.eon.net.au/index.php?lang=en&page=download) FREE.

As you won't help yourself by reading and seem to have no understanding of what is being told to you I see no reasons to continue answering these pointless questions. If you find this to be unfair then think about this: So far you've been told how to run a scandisk in DOS mode. You came back complaining you don't want to run scandisk in safe mode all the time. A few posts later you want to know how to run a defrag in safe mode. You are just wasting space and everyone's time. If you don't want to run the scan disk in DOS mode or safe mode then why defrag in safe mode. The same complaints about scandisk applys to safe mode defrag. Use a 3rd party defrag App. I've listed 1 above. There are other ones listed under

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=3&t=1398 (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=1398)

Marty
08-05-2004, 01:23 AM
Thanks PUN. your comments are really appreciated to a 76 year old who knows very little about pc's and software, maybe you could be a little more understanding in the future and not post such sarcastic comments?????????????

NOT everyone knows about pc's and software and it would do you well to remember that and NOT assume!!!!!!!!!!

Marty
08-05-2004, 01:42 AM
have some respect PUN

im not an expert!

remeber your manners

pun
08-05-2004, 04:33 AM
Marty

What does your age have to do with anything? You asked questions and they were answered. Just because you had to READ a little instead of everthing being spoon fed to you is no reason for such language.

have some respect PUN

When I grew up I was taught respect was EARNED not given on demand. You came in here looking for answers, and because I pointed out to you your own BS, namely complaining about running scan disk in safe mode (which no-one ever to you to do) that it was a waste of time to ask for running a defrag in safe mode as it would be EXACTLY what you complained about with the scan disk.

Further, I quoted to you about defrag included with windows being a poor tool, which you should have seen if you had of ACTUALLY read the information in the link posted along with an APP that would do the defrag for you. Then I included the link to the posting for more APPs in case the one I quoted wasn't to your liking.

Now you shoot your mouth off trying to use your age like it matters? Young or old, if you ask for help and the help is given, BUT, rather then READ you decide you just post another quesion hoping someone will do the work for you then I'd respond the same to anyone.

Do us all a favor, unplug that PC till you learn to use it rather then this garbage you pulled in here. No-one owes you anything. This forum isn't here to teach you to run your computer, nor, to put up with abuse when you don't like the fact that an answer requires you to read and to think.

I think you should check you bookstore for some good beginners manuals on using a computer or see if you can find an introduction to computers class in your area. While I do try to keep things simple there is some bacic understanding of computers and how they work needed to ask for help on-line. You have to remember that no-one can see you or fully understand your problem unless you yourself explain it fully.

And when it seems that the person is just playing games and doesn't even try to read the posted materal unless it is spelled out in step-by-step form even when to do that would be just repeating what is already posted elsewhere, yes, I do get ticked at someone trying to play me for a sucker.

Edited August 6, 2004

Even though I don't ever use the defrag feature I did do more looking into it.

The white screen when you click Show Details will stay at 0% and white while it gathers information on your hard drive. This could take from 3 - 5 minutes, sometimes a bit longer depending on the size and state of your hard drive. When defrag has finished gathering information on your drive defragging will begin.

Special note BEFORE running defrag

Click Start, highlight Settings then click Control Panel

In Control Panel double click the Display icon

Click on the Screen Saver tab

Set Screen Saver to None

Click Apply the click OK

Now in the control panel double click the Power Management icon

Set System standby to Never

Set Turn off hard disks to Never

If you are worried about the image of the defragger being burned into the screen without a screen saver set Turn off monitor to After 15 mins or so

Power schemes can be left at Always on

Click Apply then OK

Close the control panel

Run your defrag now.

(I got this information and settings from a friend who defrags all the time. He informed me he has learned through trial and error that if you don't shut off the Screen saver it will run at the set time and interfere with the defrag. The same applys to the hard drive being turned off or the system entering standby mode.)

Hope this added information helps with this problem.

Jock
08-05-2004, 05:06 AM
Please......this is not a forum to abuse or take one's frustration out on another, we are all here to assist and help each other with our computer problems, (well at least that's the impression I was under), how do we know that Marty did not read all the information that was posted, please do not jump to the conclusion that he did not...remember there is so much suffering going on in this world today that a little kindness and understanding towards our fellow human beings would not go astray.

locustfurnace
08-05-2004, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Jock@Aug 5 2004, 05:06 AM
remember there is so much suffering going on in this world today that a little kindness and understanding towards our fellow human beings would not go astray.
Yes, which is why I, have already covered this subject in detail in the past. What is wrong with pun simply quoting what i have already taken the time and patience to write out in another posting, and referencing it in his reply? Why does he need to re hash what was already covered?

How does pun or others know someone has not read what was written, thats simple. If the poster did infact already read what was previously written, then the answer would have been found, and problem solved and questions stopped. But I was not.

This forum is for helping - sometimes. But why does it constantly need to always reword today what was written yesterday? If what was written yesterday serves no purpose, then it would be deleted. The reason it is kept on the board and made searchable. is that it answers a 'question of the day' and future questions.

TheBulbasaurfreak
08-07-2004, 12:15 PM
Can I run Defrag in DOS Mode?

pun
08-07-2004, 02:36 PM
TheBulbasaurfreak You asked this same question on
Jun 4 2004, 01:02 PM

I use Defragmenter in Safe Mode but it keeps restarting, even with no background apps running. It there a Dos Command to run it?

locustfurnace answered it on
Jun 4 2004, 01:15 PM

In the thread it states, you must be sure to run scandisk before running the defrag utility. There is no dos commands for defrag. If you were running an old system (16bit), you could make use of Nortons Speed Disk, but i would not run it on todays (or yesterdays) systems.

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...=2529&hl=defrag (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=2529&hl=defrag)

TheBulbasaurfreak
08-08-2004, 04:14 AM
Oh, Sorry. I forgot I asked that question before.

dnix71
08-11-2004, 08:19 PM
Running scandisk from a boot floppy is the simplest way if you have too many processes running by default. You should NEVER use the defrag that comes with Windows. I've wiped 98 and ME more than once that way and now only use Diskeeper from MS. The defrag that comes with Windows moves everything, including sys files, which is both unnecessary and dangerous.

JOCK
08-16-2004, 01:25 AM
:P message for pun:

THINK OF THE MISERY/SUFFERING IN THE WORLD TODAY, THERE IS NO NEED TO ABUSE SOMEONE COZ THEY ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH PC,S REMEMBER, EVERY DAY ABOVE THE GROUND IS A BONUS, THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

pun
08-16-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by JOCK@Aug 16 2004, 01:25 AM
EVERY DAY ABOVE THE GROUND IS A BONUS, THINK ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
A bonus for who, smart guy? The governments who would tax us on the air we breathe if they could find a way to do it? The people who think the world owes them something and are out there with guns trying to make sure they take it from you by force if they have to?

Marty is just a member another type of group that has decided they are owed something. In this case owed respect when all he did was survive a few years longer on this STINKING mudball! He asked for help then got nasty because I didn't bend over and kiss his ROSY RED CHEEKS. Now you come in here, contribute nothing but insults at me because I didn't bend over backwards to spoon feed someone who thinks the world owes him something too.

Pick up a book and READ. Try EDUCATING yourself instead of thinking just because someone has spent 20 years of his life learning about something, now has to break that knowledge down into bite sized pieces to teach someone who don't want to help themselves. If you read this post starting where Marty started posting following the links given you'll see that the answers he was looking for was provided. Instead of actually doing any work for himself he just posted another question looking for what was already provided. Then you, come in here and act like you are GOD judging me because I decided not to help a lazy person anymore who wouldn't read the information provided????

People here that provide answers and search for programs volunteer their time and services. We do not get payed for putting up with BS from people who think we should be providing the exact version of a program they found a crack, patch, keygen or stolen serial for. Nor do we take the time to teach ourselves how to run the programs requested in case someone needs to know how to run it.

Now I'm expected to know the exact knowledge the person asking for help has in case he gets offended that I use computer terms or thinks that expecting him to do some of the work for his answer? Answer yourself this, do you learn more from having to work a bit for your answers or someone just handing it to you?

Perhaps I expected too much from the world today. Expecting people using computers on the internet to know how to read? Expecting someone asking for help to do a little to help themselves? Heck even a simple thing like a search engine seems to complex for the average computer user if the amount of requests entered here at OldVersion, shows anything. Programs requested daily that are already waiting in the forum for people that want the if they'd only search. But no, that would be too easy.

message for pun:

THINK OF THE MISERY/SUFFERING IN THE WORLD TODAY,

And the ulcer you just made worse for me just added ito it, JOCK

CM
08-16-2004, 10:56 AM
Good points, Pun, but dont let 'em get to ya-- they will surely have viruses, trojans and lotsa other headaches (since they are the types who are too dumb to run defrag in safemode !) ;)

Wade
08-17-2004, 12:55 AM
Just been reading this topic from start to end, it would seem to me and no doubt to others, that you, Pun have a very large chip on your shoulder and sound a very angry person with/at the world today, I think when you were born you probably said to yourself "why waz I born", get over it and move on why don't you and stop treating people who post their queries in this site with utter contempt and fools!

Jerry
08-17-2004, 01:55 AM
I to have been reading this post as well as other posts by you pun. You start out friendly trying to help but seem to become more sarcastic as each question gets asked. And I think I understand. I to get mad at having people take me for granted, never saying "thank you" for help given but instead getting more demanding about what they want. And it must get frustrating when you post a link and others ask a question answered in the posted link only a few posts later.

Rather then attack pun I think we all need to thank him, locustfurnace, ABlix, admin, igor, Therese (grandma), peppycomputer (grandpa), Goslow and the others that do make the effort to find the programs for us and make the effort to answer our questions. I think you'll find a little kindness and thanks go a lot further in removing that "chip" then ganging up on him. So pun, thank you for helping out and trying. And to the other seekers out there that do the work in finding the programs we want and trying to answer our questions, thank you as well.

locustfurnace
08-17-2004, 08:26 AM
This topic was about scandisk, the answer was provided, by myself in another board, which pun pointed out.
Now all this thread is doing is going wildly off-topic. so it will be closed now.

LucyBelle
10-22-2004, 11:41 PM
When I run ScanDisk I receive the following message-

ScanDisk has restarted 10 times because windows or another program has been writing to this drive, quitting some running programs may enable scandisk to finish sooner, do you want to continue receiving this warning

I have turned off my screensaver, disabled my firewall and anti virus software, turned off the quick launch toolbar, removed individual items from the quick launch toolbar and quit all running programs however the problem still remains.

I know I can do a scandisk in safemode, but this problem has just occurred, any information as to the problem and how to fix it would be grateful, thankyou.

locustfurnace
10-23-2004, 03:38 AM
Please search before posting questions as this topic has been already discussed. Since you posted this under the Programs board, you should have posted this under the General board, which is where the previous thread exists.
This thread will be moved to that board.

The previous thread is here;
http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...506&hl=scandisk (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=2506&hl=scandisk)

related thread:
http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...529&hl=scandisk (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=1&t=2529&hl=scandisk)

LucyBelle
10-25-2004, 01:58 AM
I have read the posts u reccommended, however after carrying out the suggestions offered I am still experiencing this problem, I quote here below:

Posted: May 31 2004, 11:22 AM
Pre-Alpha
Group: Members
Member No.: 915

Just disable ALL background running processes, all you have to do is use the key combo sequence of ctrl+alt+del once, this will bring up the close program dialog box, the only programs needed to have left in the box is explorer and systray, everything you can kill off. Then you can run scandisk.

I did not close explorer or systray, can you tell me the reason for not closing these 2 items, what happens if I do?

Pete
10-25-2004, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by LucyBelle+Oct 25 2004, 01:58 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (LucyBelle @ Oct 25 2004, 01:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I did not close explorer or systray, can you tell me the reason for not closing these 2 items, what happens if I do?[/b]
<!--QuoteBegin--ProcessLibrary.com
Process File: systray or systray.exe
Process Name: Microsoft System Tray Services
Description: systray.exe is a background process which displays information such as date and time. This program is important for the stable and secure running of your computer and should not be terminated.

Process File: explorer.exe
Process Name: Program Manager
Description: explorer.exe is the Windows Program Manager or Windows Explorer. It manages the Windows Graphical Shell including the Start menu, taskbar, desktop, and File Manager. By removing this process the graphical interface for Windows will disappear.[/quote]

LucyBelle
10-26-2004, 12:18 AM
I found this previous post:

No. The explorer refered to in the Close Program box is the task bar explorer. When you End Task it closes the task bar but re-opens it a few seconds later. This ends up closing the program boxes you had open on the task bar. A fast way to close everything.

I&#39;m a bit confused as to whether I should end task of explorer and sys tray after reading the previous post and reading the above post from a previous topic?

Maybe I did not express myself clearly enough, all I wish to know is whether it is safe to:

end task of explorer and sys tray in the close program box

as some web sites say yes and some say no&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

locustfurnace
10-26-2004, 03:03 AM
Closing the Windows Explorer in the task tray does nothing but restarts Explorer (the GUI shell). This is a programmers trick for making changes to widgets and programs which change after restarting the GUI.
It is safe to close it, as it will respawn instantly.
I use this trick whenever i want to free up memory from programs which i am no longer using and are stuck hogging up space in the registers.
As for closing the sys tray, there is no reason to, nor for running scandisk do you need to close Explorer.

They can not be closed like programs which appear in the task manager. There is no purpose to bother trying it if you plan to just run scandisk.

The answer is, Yes you can close Explorer, but for the purpose of running scandisk, there is no point in doing so. As it will just restart instantly.
and No, you can not shut them down like you would do with normal programs.

10-26-2004, 04:02 AM
lucybelle (martianjoe clone) now ya neednt ask anymore, praps this time yall understand

LucyBelle
10-26-2004, 11:53 PM
So I will still keep receiving the message

Scandisk has restarted 10 times etc etc

if I do

end task

of Explorer and Systray

in the close program box?

locustfurnace
10-27-2004, 01:20 AM
This is clearly answered. The format of your last message makes it appear that your just beating a dead horse.
Since this question has been answered twice. To the same extent, this thread is now being closed, as was the last thread on this subject for the same exact reason.

Its also interesting that the OP on the other thread has the same EXACT problem, the 10 times....and the username is similar. Since this thread is being closed, I have decided to merge both threads.