PDA

View Full Version : Stanaphone

The Dude
06-06-2004, 01:43 PM
4get skype,forget paltalk...

Try STANAPHONE (http://www.stanaphone.com) and you will be given a real ACN and allowed to call anywhere in the USA and canada FOR FREE (like a regular phone)

This is K-RAD!!!!!!!!!!! I registered and signed up (Awaiting my #)

The Dude :)

The Dude
06-07-2004, 08:08 PM
I GOT MY #!!!!!!!!!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still hadnt gotton my # as of 9pm,so i requested one again and I GOT IT INSTANTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now im all set and ready to make and recieve calls!!!!!!!

Dude111
06-08-2004, 12:53 AM
Now my problem is the audio keeps cutting out,i cant here it!!!!!!!!! (This is skype's other project) Skype works FINE,this doesnt work very well at all......i can HERE THE CALLS,but it keeps cutting in and out (Like the packets are being dropped or something)

But seeing as skype works,i dxont know why this isnt..Im running on 98se (crappy one though)

Any help???????

Thanx

locustfurnace
06-08-2004, 01:08 PM
Without ever having run the program, I would only suggest that you disabled the voice actuation. Try just using the PTT (Push to Talk). This is assuming this is how that program functions, as most have either options.
If the voice actuations theshold is high, it wont start transmitting until the noise level is at a certain level; to cut out background noise, but it could be too high, therefore not properly picking up the words correctly.
You would not be hearing the other user correctly, if when they speak the voice actuation is not picking up, and the person continues talking, then when they say a word with more volume, then the voice actuation finally picks up a word or two then shuts back down.

You never asid if your on broadband or dial-up, or what the other user is using.

If the other user is on the telephone, and your losing them, it could just be due to network congestion. Which the other solution is to try at different times of the day.

The Dude
06-08-2004, 08:51 PM
Thats very interesting Locust!!!!!!!!

Im on Broadband (Cable) And maybe your right,maybe it has a SILENCE ELIMINATOR and it only lets you hear it if its ABOVE A CERTAIN VOLUME LEVEL (Very good thinking...Maybe)

This paging co. i know used to use SILENCE ELIMINATORS for thier pagers,but they disabled it because peeps werent speaking LOUD enough and all people heard on thier pagers were bits and pieces of words (hehehehehe -- I POINTED THIS OUT TO THEM(FRIENDS OF MINE))

You might be right locust!!!!!!!!!

The Dude
06-09-2004, 01:04 AM
I looked into this further and the codecs this thing uses...

ARE MICROSOFT!!!!!!! (That maybe why they are messing up)

The exact codecs are:

CodecName0 "Softjoys GSM 6.10 CODEC"
COdecName1 "Microsoft CCITT G.711 A-Law CODEC"
CodecName2 "Microsoft CCITT G.711 u-Law CODEC"
CodecStatus0 "Enabled"
COdecStatus1 "Enabled"
CodecStatus2 "Enabled"

I got this from the registry -- When i saw MICROSOFT, i knew why it wasnt working right :D

Is there a way to change the codecs it uses??? I was thinking of changing it in the registry and see what happend then.....Hey,its worth a shot.(Was gonna have it use same codec skype uses,but i couldnt find any codec info in the reg for skype) :(

locustfurnace
06-09-2004, 02:33 AM
The codecs are support files, the program would have to be made aware of how to use the codecs, so simply changing the registry settings wont work. It would need to be coded into the program or have the ability to use an external codec.
Also, if it were possible, then the other users would have to have the same exact codecs.

The "GSM 6.10 CODEC" (http://kbs.cs.tu-berlin.de/~jutta/toast.html) is not Microsofts. But appears to be altered. as usual. Philips is claiming intellectual property on GSM 06.10.
Microsoft's Audio Compression Manager includes a GSM 6.10 CODEC. The Windows 95 beta added CCITT G.711 u- and A-law CODECs to the collection. Microsoft's GSM 06.10 CODEC is not compatible with toast's frame format - they use 65-byte-frames (2 x 32 1/2) rather than rounding to 33, and they number the bits in their bytes from the other end. (Well done, guys.)

The Dude
06-09-2004, 05:55 AM
I tried everything i can think of so far!!!!

I went to microsoft's web page,found out how to install the codecs (The A law and U law ones) I have them installed now,AND IT STILL DOESNT WORK!!!!!!!!!!!

Other people have gotton this to work though,no breaking up of audio....And whny does UPSTREAMING work perfectly? (The people I call can hear me fine,and YES locust,they are on regular landlines)

I dunno......Could speed be an issue???? If i lose network speed would this affect how it sounds thru my speakers???? I really dont know what else to try.....I could try installing the gsm codec,i dunno how good it would work or NO work,etc...........

But YES locust,Microsoft is the king for messing things up (hehehe,sad to admit this)

The Dude :(

EDIT:

I searched my directory and i have these codecs on my computer already (Even the GSM one) I dont know why its not working......... http://www.mauisun.org/vbb/images/icons/icon15.gif

Only thing i can think of is SPEED.....My router sucks,my HTTP traffice slows down like crazy often (But aim,icq,irc,etc..... stilll work fine)

Maybe you could DL this on a 98 machene locust and try and troubleshoot this with me (If you wouldnt mind)

OldVersion.com Admin
06-09-2004, 05:22 PM
Thanks for letting us know.

I signed up :D

Feel free to call me to test things out:
347-721-9328

The Dude
06-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Hi Ablix!!!!

Is your imcoming calls working????

Mine are not .... I dial my own # and it doesnt go thru,i get a fast busy signal :( (Even when my phone is launched)

Ill try yours i guess and see if i can get cha!!!!!!!

The Dude :confused:

OldVersion.com Admin
06-09-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by The Dude@Jun 9 2004, 06:47 PM
Hi Ablix!!!!

Is your imcoming calls working????

Mine are not .... I dial my own # and it doesnt go thru,i get a fast busy signal :( (Even when my phone is launched)

Ill try yours i guess and see if i can get cha!!!!!!!

The Dude :confused:
Everything's working perfectly for me.

locustfurnace
06-09-2004, 09:44 PM
Are you running a firewall Dude? you might have to punch a hole through it, plus do some port forwarding - if your using a standalone firewall.
If your using the software firewall, then opening up the ports should be ok.
This could be also causing the dropped packets as each time one comes through, it must traverse the rules, which if your getting a lot of packets or connections and the firewall does not keep state. you could be lagging due to that, so opening a hole should possibly speed things up as well.

guest_The Dude
06-09-2004, 10:20 PM
I tried disabling my cable modem firewall,STILL NO GOOD...............

Its not that.............Probably my speed issues.........If i had a regular f****ng cable modem on here,IT WOULD PROABLY WORK FINE!!!!

I dunno...........Im extremely aggravated!!!!!!!!!

The Dude http://www.webhostingtalk.com/images/smilies/angryfire.gif :(

PS-

Abilx,

What OS and speed are you running??? I need someone on 98 to also test this (preferably someone on dialup,and if you get dropped audio,I HAVE MY ANSWER)

locustfurnace
06-09-2004, 10:25 PM
Is the sound card your using Full Duplex - it should be these days, but this does not mean all operate correctly.
If someone speaks and you speak also, the sound card may not be able to do both, playback and record (when you speak).
Or it could be an issue with your friends telco.

06-09-2004, 10:33 PM
HI locust,

YES my sound card is full duplex....

I called this # here: 15188779998 (Solid 1K tone) and it still cuts out alot (So its not due to silence) :(

The Dude :(

locustfurnace
06-09-2004, 10:54 PM
What speed is your CPU? how much RAM do you have, how fast is your hard drive, do you have a fixed swap file?
Are you running anything else in the background that might be using the soundcard as well? Such as an IM service.
Is the multimedia control panel set to use the sound card, or the windows mapper?

The Dude
06-09-2004, 10:54 PM
OK locust,

I dialed my own # from my phone and i start hearing a ringing souind coming from my speakers (hehehehe) and a box telling me that I AM CALLING MYSELF...(The ring sounds better,but still has a tick,tick,tick,tick in it)

I assume the ring is local on my computer and not coming over the network,seeing as this is the case,i think my sound card may be bad......

Then i called this #: 15035251579 (Music) and it was cutting in and out majorly................I think i have a bad sound card or some shit like that,i dunno........

I was gonna try and call abilx,but it may be too late 2 call him now,ill wait till morning.........

The Dude :???:

The Dude
06-09-2004, 11:00 PM
What speed is your CPU? (450 mhz AMD)

how much RAM do you have (56k i think,not sure -- I right click MY COMPUTER and goto perfoprmance and it says 56.MB of ram -- 3d processor K6)

how fast is your hard drive, do you have a fixed swap file? (???? i dunno)

Are you running anything else in the background that might be using the soundcard as well? Such as an IM service. (no,but when i tried to open sound recorder to grab the sound of the music #,it said another app. was recording audio(the call on the phone maybe??)

Is the multimedia control panel set to use the sound card, or the windows mapper? (Dunno......)

Thanx for trying to help me locust....Your a real friend!!!!!

The Dude http://www.webhostingtalk.com/images/smilies/angryfire.gif :(

locustfurnace
06-09-2004, 11:06 PM
You prolly have 64megs of RAM, and its showing up as 56megs, due to 8megs being used for the video display.
go to the control panel and check under the multimedia applet to make any changes if necessary or type, no quotes, in the run command "Mmsys.cpl", this will open the multimedia control panel, there you can make small adjustments to the soundcard.

06-10-2004, 05:57 AM
I think i have narrowed it down to low speed from my network due to my crappy router and being so far from the cable modem.......

But 800 #'s are now callable,but your ANI PASSES (800-444-4444 will give you your stanaphone #) However,if you call 315-890-8248 (caller id test line) Its comes up OUT OF AREA (Wierd)
They are using sprint long distance (518-700-0000 tells you what carrier you have on your line (ANY LINE))
But over the last 2 days i cant figure out why the incoming audio is being dropped.....OUTBOUND AUDIO IS FINE!!!!!!! I just cant hear them (Cutting in and out)...Gotta be my speed,i cant think of anyhthing else.........And IMCOMING CALLS do not work yet (On my #) I dial my # from my landline and i get a fast busy signal.....

Definetly very kewl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Dude
06-10-2004, 04:21 PM
I dialed the carrier check line today and it said THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING MCI (grrrrrrrrrr) I hate MCI!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (518-700-0000)

They did have sprint,now they have MCI.....Wonderfull!!!!!! (uugghh,they must have read my message saying that MCI had 20mins for 99 cents(5 cents a minute for 20 mins) Well,if it saves them $$$,i guess its worth it!!

IM gonna do a test and bring my cable modem down into my room here,then both signal strength and link Quality will be 100%...I wanna see if it works then.....I cant understand why UPSTREAM WORKS FINE!!!!!! WHat makes UPSTREAM less resourcsefull than downstream?????? I dunno..........

The Dude :???:

The Dude
06-11-2004, 01:06 AM
NOW I AM REALLY P'D!!!!!!! http://www.mauisun.org/vbb/images/icons/icon15.gif

Someone said they got this to work on 56k!!!!!!!!! (WITHOUT DROPPING OUT)

Why cant i get it to work on dddjkdjkf cable modem???????????????

The Dude http://www.webhostingtalk.com/images/smilies/angryfire.gif

locustfurnace
06-11-2004, 01:25 AM
Maybe there is just too many hops between you and the service's systems.
Have you tried pinging the ip address of the login servers? How many hops between you and them? What sort of latency do you have.
try pining yahoo, google, then ping the login servers, and see if you got a big difference.
as I ping login.icq.com i get 27ms
as I ping yahoo I get 26ms replies
as I ping google I get 80ms replies
as I ping oldversion.com i get 65ms replies.

The Dude
06-19-2004, 01:25 AM
Im starting to think i may be on to something here.......

I can open STREAM RECORDER and record my voice USING ANY INPUT SELECTION ON STREAM RECORDER (EVEN CD AUDIO) but when i LISTEN TO A STREAM,i have to be on the right input source........

So when i talk into my mike using stanaphone,IM GOING OUT ON ALL THOSE INPUTS (AS TO WHY IT WORKS RIGHT) WHEN IM LISTENING TO THE AUDIO,IT MUST HAVE TO BE LISTENING ON THE CORRECT INPUT....

In Stream recorder i have these inputs:

Microphone
CD audio
AUX-B
Wave
Line-In
Synthesizer

And i can select ANY OF THESE AND RECORD WITH MY MIKE AND IT PICKS IT UP FINE.......I tried recording a live audio stream and i had it set to LINE IN.......When i played it back it sounded like crap!!!!!! I had to select WAVE for it to pick up the audio right.

Maybe this is whats going on with stanaphone,the system is listening on the wrong "INPUT SOURCE" for stanaphone audio.........

Whadda all think of this???????

06-19-2004, 02:38 PM
does this program got some spyware or virus in it , theres got to be a catch

locustfurnace
06-20-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Guest@Jun 19 2004, 02:38 PM
As far as I am aware, it does not, the problem The_Dude is having is most likely due to his Essolo card.

pun
06-20-2004, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Guest@Jun 19 2004, 02:38 PM
Here's the catch:

Useful account information

StanaPhone Account Manager allows users to see their account information online 24/7. By logging into your account you can see how many minutes you have used and all the details on each of the calls you made and received. You can also change your account password and terminate your account if you don’t use it any longer. Please note that after your account is terminated you would not be able to restore it. StanaPhone Beta does not have a rollover plan which means that all unused minutes expire on the first day of each month. StanaPhone Beta users receive 100 free minutes of outgoing calls to regular and mobile phone numbers per month (30 days) on a prorated basis. All other calls to and from StanaPhone are unlimited. On the first day of each month all accounts are being reset back to 100 free minutes. All calls are rounded to one minute.

Account termination

If you use your StanaPhone number regularly, you will be able to keep it for as long as you want. If your StanaPhone number is being idle (no calls are being made from it) for longer than 45 days it will automatically expire and you will not be able to use your StanaPhone any longer. When your account is being idle for 40 consecutive days our system will issue a termination warning email to the email address on the account. If, after the warning this account shows no outgoing calls, on the 45th day it gets terminated automatically and a termination notice is sent to the email address on the account.*

* Termination terms are subject to change without notice.

locustfurnace
06-20-2004, 06:10 PM
Possibly some good news for you; The_Dude, since I know Skype works well for you, and also know you got the Stanaphone working now. but it looks like Skype will be offering VoIP to phone service (for a feee) to compete with Stanaphone.

Skype planning VoIP to POTS (http://www.geekzone.co.nz/content.asp?contentid=2918)

The SkypeOut service is not available yet, but a page on Skype's web store tells us about the service. Also, a new version of Skype software (pictured) is available for download on the Skype forum. This new version (0.98.0.28) adds a new tab to the known UI, with a dialpad and a field that accepts either a Skype user name or a standard telephone number

Older Versions of Skype on Oldversion.com (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=3&t=1840&st=0#entry6621)
additional VoIP titles (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1467&st=0#entry4855)
Additional voice chat software listed on Oldversion.com (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1395)

The Dude
06-22-2004, 04:28 AM
Yup got it working now..........

But now i have lost my DOS AUDIO,it was using ess dos emulation.......And that part of it seems to have been removed........

And the audio keep cutting out whenever i do something while listening to the audio GLOBALLY NOW,when it didnt used to do that,so........

I PMed you locust!!!!

hi
06-24-2004, 05:08 PM
im kinda having a problem with this i installed it and it says im not connected to the internet but i actually am and i dont know what to do cause it wont let me log on

rosincore
06-24-2004, 08:42 PM
Well i went to sign up and, the stupid valication picture

Enter the characters from the scrambled image. If you find it difficult to read the characters click “Reload” to change the image. When you click “Submit” your account will be created and you will be redirected to the “Account Information” page.

Well i keep getting an* x for the image.. i tried everything.. sent the link to my friend and he got the same thing.... could like someone make me an account.. link is** this (http://65.54.246.250/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=dec2a06e0c9248beb47b4053cd750e0c&lat=1088130798&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2estanaphone%2ecom%2f sphone%2fverify%2femc_9%40hotmail%2ecom%2f645c59a8 12fda45d17250b59a977c87e)

it* would be helpful if someone could make me an account... thanks

nevermind.. i used my myway... the hotmail would not work for me.

locustfurnace
06-24-2004, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by hi@Jun 24 2004, 05:08 PM
im kinda having a problem with this i installed it and it says im not connected to the internet but i actually am and i dont know what to do cause it wont let me log on
Most likely your running a firewall. You will need to configure your firewall to allow the Stanaphone to operate correctly. By opening certain ports listed in the help file.

06-25-2004, 05:30 PM
mines says cannot resolve proxy name, anyone know how i can fix this ?

locustfurnace
06-25-2004, 05:58 PM
Is your proxy a FQDN? or just something your running?
Look up in the FAQ's to see if you can disable the domain name lookup.