PDA

View Full Version : Kazaa Dying?

FMX311
06-15-2004, 12:37 AM
Is it true? are we losing kazaa? :(

lane
06-15-2004, 01:16 AM
I have a more important question for you.

Why do you care?

I just had to register to post this :)

The reason I ask is that the kazaa/k-lite/k++/kazaa lite is just another "CLIENT SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS" that allows users to swap files. If it goes away within 30 days a new "CLIENT SOFTWARE APPLICATION" will take its place. I'd rather just see users of these networks actually be more concerned that the garbage/crap/crud/spyware/adware they willingly deal with to use the p2p application is seriouslly a bad idea. I also want p2p users to invest in some ANTIVIRUS....

LOL :) Now then i'll go back to putting Kazaa Lite on Linux

In any case your better off just ditching kazaa and stealing music from your library :) after all they let you take cd's out by me so I can just rip the tracks to mp3's and then return the cd :) No Worry Here!

pun
06-15-2004, 01:34 AM
Does the word NAPSTER ring any bells? A p2p that got sued, died then tryed to return as a pay-to-use charging for every download? Napster has shown the future for any and all "free" p2p programs. And Kazaa is going to get harder then any. They share copyrighted software, music, books and movies. I'm shocked they lasted this long.

lane
06-15-2004, 01:43 AM
pun

:rolleyes:

Napster actually hosted the files on the servers they ran.....

The reason Kazaa and the likewise p2p CLIENT SOFTWARE APPLICATIONS havent been sued out of existence is that they dont do anything wrong. Its like suing Microsoft because you can set up shared folders on a network for friends to get your mp3's.

I think you need to understand the technology before a true rebuttle can be enforced.

locustfurnace
06-15-2004, 01:50 AM
one possible way to stop developed of kazaa would be;

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/03/17/ka...arman_networks/ (http://www.theregister.co.uk/2004/03/17/kazaa_coder_sues_sharman_networks/)
Kazaa coder sues Sharman Networks.

Sharman Networks, owner of the controversial P2P utility Kazaa, today found itself facing yet another legal fight centring on copyright ownership.

But this time the tussle is not with its old sparring partners in the music or movie industries, but a Romanian programmer who claims he wrote the code Kazaa is distributing.

nd the programmer, one Fabian Toader, wants the US court to grant him $25m in damages, AP reports.

Toader says he wrote portions of the Kazaa Media Desktop application while working as a freelance in 2000. He was hired by Dutch firm Kazaa BV, which sold the rights to the software to Sharman Networks in 2002.

The programmer says he never signed a contract with Kazaa BV. The result, he claims, is that he owns the copyright to the KMD code, not Sharman.

Toader is no stranger to Sharman. It sued him last August, claiming he had attempted to blackmail the company. Sharman was granted an injunction against Toader. Sharman said his contract with Kazaa BV clearly states who owned the code he wrote - and it wasn't him. Sharman dubbed the latest suit a "shakedown effort".

In a statement, Toader said: "Sharman has made millions using my software. I just want to be fairly compensated for my contribution."

Toader now no longer works in his native Romania as a freelance, but is a Microsoft employee living in Redmond.

pun
06-15-2004, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by lane@Jun 15 2004, 01:43 AM
is that they dont do anything wrong
Have you never heard of a little thing called a filter? Sherman has. They are adding a filter to their newer programs to filter out K-lite users cause they claim K-like is an illegal App of their program. Kazaa can restrict the sharing it allows but doesn't. If they can filter out the K-lite programs then they can also add music artists, book authors, software company names (ie Mircosoft) and movie titles to the filter. But they don't. Why? Cause if the Kazaa program were only used for legal stuff it would die from lack of users. Sherman is like a bar owner opening his doors, not checking IDs then claiming "I didn't know they were 14" when the cops raid the place for minors drinking under-age. Kazaa allows the un-restricted trading that goes on and they can't claim after all these years not to know what their server is being used for. By not trying to control it, they are condoning it. I'd love to see Bill Gates sue Sherman for not filtering Microsoft programs from being traded, with his money he could tie Sherman up in any court in the world for the next century leaving them nowhere to run to try and keep the illegal trading going.

06-15-2004, 09:14 AM
kazaa is dying slowly and it will get harder and harder now the riaa and others are attacking it it will nor end until its finished. hail the day

BEASTIEBOYS
06-15-2004, 12:49 PM
<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>KAZAA AIN&#39;T GOING NOWHERE&#33; :D </span>

06-15-2004, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by BEASTIEBOYS@Jun 15 2004, 12:49 PM
<span style=&#39;font-size:14pt;line-height:100%&#39;>KAZAA AIN&#39;T GOING NOWHERE&#33; :D </span>
get real meat head do you think that forever and ever people will carry on downloading dud files and virus ridden apps just to save a few bucks, i used this app many times and already its not a patch on its former self the user numbers are dropping and the good files are decreasing as long as the powers to be keep distributing dud files and flooding it with rubbish it will keep on getting worse and worse so YES it is on its way out and there is no denying it people loved it for what is was but its not what it was anymore and never ever will be

BEASTIEBOYS
06-15-2004, 04:38 PM
you have to know what youre downloading before you actually downloaded it first...to be honest out of 100 mp3&#39;s ive only recieved about 5-7 corrupt files. :huh:

Finch
06-16-2004, 03:38 PM
Kazaa has been dying for over a year now.

mean while I&#39;d like to to welcome my new p2p program bitorrent.

me_u_Jackass
06-17-2004, 08:55 PM
I didn&#39;t know Bitorrent was P2P&#33; I thought it was just a download software&#33; :blink:

Gary Tait
07-02-2004, 04:00 PM
It isn&#39;t (unless someone can tell me otherwise). Bittorent does not help in finding files, just in downloading them when you do come across a torrent file.

Finch
07-03-2004, 02:54 AM
Originally posted by Gary Tait@Jul 2 2004, 04:00 PM
It isn&#39;t (unless someone can tell me otherwise). Bittorent does not help in finding files, just in downloading them when you do come across a torrent file.
Well you use sites such as www.suprnova.org to find your files rather than searching within the client (And you can find nearly anything on there). p2p is peer to peer, although sites may host torrents, a torrent file only defines what your bittorrent app should connect to on a tracker, the file itself is downloaded from other people (other seeds and downloaders, or your peers), the torrent site doesn&#39;t seed its torrents due to possible legal action.

Where bittorrent better programs like Kazaa is that people with only a few % of a file can upload that few % to another person, not having to complete file download in full, so can download and upload a file at the same time. It also discourages leechers, as for most downloads your download rate is propotional to your upload rate.

I believe if you visit the BT homepage it has diagrams that explains things a bit better.

07-03-2004, 03:56 AM
regardless of what you may think is good or bad all p2p may as well get classed as unnacceptable apps, all people use them for is downloading stuff so they dont have to pay, kinda sad in my opinion, its time they were all banned, in virtually every case there is a freeware alternative to any app you could want and if there isnt then there is mostly plenty of shareware or trial versions you could use before PURCHASING an app, SHOP LIFTING is ILLEGAL and p2p is no better, its getting past a joke really with the file sharing stuff and all the warez sites and crack sites such as www.yeah you wish. there will come a day when developers dont do trial versions because of this and shareware will grind to a halt if they lose so much revenue from it. yeah i know there is a few honest folk that use it for shareware titles but its far faster to get them from a developers site the same with freeware titles. as far as music goes people are kinda sad when they download several copies of a file to get a good one becuse of all the dud files i guess they dont value their time and effort much just to save a few measly dollars on the price of a disc, as well as risking the files and stuff they already have by getting viruses from p2p as well, what a sad bunch really, and once kazaa is dead and buried then which p2p network is next for targeting ? p2p is merely internet shoplifting , get a life BUY your stuff

WarLord
07-04-2004, 04:57 PM
Are we losing Kazaa..?

Well, I hope so regarding to how bad that network is and just how many newbees putting out bad things and companies feeding the Sharman Network with trojans...

To start with: The idea of having centralized servers like on Kazaa is bad for ya..&#33;&#33; ;)

Dont matter if ya use K-lite cuz you still support that ugly built network which is is a bad thing to do...

It is really bad and you should get on to something better where real stuff are like ed2k-network,BT or whatever.. ;)

Personally I would recommend ed2k (that is emule) because its more about sharing and ppl HAS to share more there which makes it a good P2P-network with all the things that P2P is about: community and sharing..cuz it filters out the leechers&#33;&#33;&#33;

...not like on Kazaa where ppl just leech...

To the "Guest" over me: Get a clue..&#33;&#33; :lol:

SoberTillNoon
07-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Kazaa Lite is the best out there. Not for the network, I could give a damn about the type of network it is. I am saying that it is the best functionally. I like everything about the UI of KL. And Don&#39;t dis shoplifters -- er... I mean p2p users.

-W-

andyman8298
07-08-2004, 10:16 AM
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=1][COLOR=green] [SIZE=7]FORGET KAZAA&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;[SIZE=1] theres a new and BETTER P2P sharing app. out there, its called Warez P2P and theres another called Shareaza. they&#39;re both great apps. and i&#39;ve found them to be unbelievably better than kazaa or kazaa lite. so download them TODAY&#33; B)

SoberTillNoon
07-08-2004, 11:07 AM
the second claim, I must answer, no. As for the first, it could very well be. I will check it out.

-W-

07-09-2004, 12:22 AM
If yer after the newest releases by the groups then Bittorrent/ed2k or Shareaza (which is both) is better and ya find absolutely EVERYTHING there but if yer after newbie-releases and a truckload of viruses then Kazaa is the one to choose.. :)

ed2k is only useful for the big files like movies,games,full albums,ISO:s,DVD:s etc, so if yer after mp3:s , I would recommend Soulseek which is very,very good when it comes to finding rare mp3:s + it has chat and stuff.. ;)

The way Kazaa is nowadays with abolutely nothing regarding how much ya can find on the network and all the viruses and shit ,it gonna die slowly cuz more and more change to any of the better P2P:s so there will be nothing left but the trojans,RIAA and such...

Heres some P2P-appz:

Soulseek:

http://www.slsknet.org

eMule:

http://www.emule-project.net

Overnet:

http://www.overnet.com

Bit Tornado (in my opinion the best BT-client)

http://bittornado.com

...and here ya find releases:

Good release site for ed2k:

http://www.shareconnector.com (games,soft,adult,movies etc. and a big forum community)

For BitTorrent:

http://www.suprnova.org (movies,games,series,soft,music and more by the minute

See Ya &#33; :D

locustfurnace
07-09-2004, 01:32 AM
Another listing was already compiled on a seperate thread.
http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...0&hl=bittorrent (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1530&hl=bittorrent)

SoberTillNoon
07-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Soulseek

I never tried it.

e-mule

You cannot find sources worth anything. You start a download, and the user only has half the file, while the other half has not been seen in so long, it does not display.

Overnet

I honestly don&#39;t know where to begin. I am just going to skip this one

Bit Tornado

Well, bit torrent clients are best for the really big stuff, so I don&#39;t mess with it.

The ed2k protocol is good in theory, but the problems that arise when people only have half a filereally annoys me.

I refer you to my last statememnt about Bit Torrent

All I here is you all spouting garbage about the FastTrack network being full of trojans and viruses. I honestly don&#39;t know what the hell you are talking about. Not once in all the Music, Videos, or SOFTWARE that I have downloaded have I found a virus. NOT ONCE. You have to be smart about these things, otherwise, you will be had. That goes for every network out there. You people need to get a clue, and stop saying things that you have on little ot no authority to say.

-I have given you my 2 cents, don&#39;t spend it all on one thing. I am W-

WarLord
07-09-2004, 01:00 PM
You cannot find sources worth anything. You start a download, and the user only has half the file, while the other half has not been seen in so long, it does not display.

That is true with some files that are very rare and hasnt been shared much but often you can find the same one with similar name that has been shared more.. ;)
The resources of mostly big files and complete ones I mean then, are enormous and its not been often I havent found the thing Ive wanted and it is very seldom it is not full sources and its good to look on sites like Shareconnector cuz those files are very much spread...

Overnet is quite good for popular files and it can be very fast on those....

Finally, I want to say that ed2k (eMule, Overnet,edonkey etc) is not for ppl with very slow connections or with Win 95/98/ME cuz then it will be very bad and you wont get neither speed or sources... ;)

SoberTillNoon
07-10-2004, 12:48 AM
I have XP and cable. I just don&#39;t like ed2k. I am not up for pop, and the music that I want to dl I was never able to find, so I went back to Kazaa. ed2k could have improved with more users, but my bad exprience with it is making me pass it by,

-W-

WarLord
07-10-2004, 09:09 AM
Try out Soulseek if its mostly small files like mp3s your after cuz there are much more quality than the rips and stuff Ive seen on Kazaa.. ;)

Thats also one of the reasons I think it sux cuz theyre are nearly no quality-releases that are properly ripped for example reaching that network and the music and whatever that arent very popular arent even there, so the amount of for example different music-styles arent very big, because its a big amount of leechers on it who think they can just "hit and run",dont care to share, so the more special music and full albums arent never spread.

Dont like that one doesnt even have to share anything to get things from ppl, that it doesnt have like the credit system in eMule or the ratio in BT and so on. ;)
Its better for a friendly file-sharing community and that is the thing that makes a P2P network grow and survive in the long run.

Soulseek has like different "rooms" which is specialized in different kinds of music around the globe and one can also chat with other ppl in those rooms and request music on a wish-list,; in fact it was quite recently I did discover it cuz I always heard some say that its very good in finding different kinds of mp3s so when I had to find some single mp3s I thought I try it out and it was great for it.. :)

See Ya &#33; :D

07-10-2004, 09:28 AM
this is going off topic now, considering it was started as a pole to what will happen to kazaa, yet it is turning into just another p2p thread

SoberTillNoon
07-10-2004, 11:07 AM
Yes, and I know that I could go to one of those threads to have on e of these discussions, however, that is not something one thinks about when entering into debates. However that point is moot. The debate/discussion has ended. There is no more to say on my end, so I am finished.

-W-

bmh67wa
07-10-2004, 12:19 PM
I always found it ironic that the makers of Kazaa, a program used to download files illegally, whine when someone comes out with a far better functioning program (KazaaLite) and say that it is illegal for them to do so. Where do these guys get their legal information from? Do they base their complaints on some sliding scale of illegality? Is there such a thing? Kazaa should be renamed to reflect the hypocrisy of their developers. I hope that they do die. Their network is full of fake files, spammers, and viruses and their software is full of bloated ad-ware which brings up another point. Their "sponsors" are just as greedy as they are and are accomplices in allowing Kazaa to carry on in their illegal ways. Just look at the crap that they are pulling by telling Olderversion.com that they can&#39;t allow their software to be downloaded from here. Ridiculous&#33;&#33;&#33;

SoberTillNoon
07-10-2004, 12:22 PM
Hey, hey now. The people at sherman do no condone the use of their network to share copyright files. Just because they cannot police that does not mean that they are bad people, does it?

-W-

bmh67wa
07-10-2004, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by SoberTillNoon@Jul 10 2004, 12:22 PM
Hey, hey now. The people at sherman do no condone the use of their network to share copyright files. Just because they cannot police that does not mean that they are bad people, does it?

-W-
OK, so tell me what OTHER use is it for? Kazaa was designed for and being used for the exact same reason that they had planned. If the software, music, movie, or whatever was available to freely download and distribute to others then why would a program need to be made to do that? The files would already be readily available to all on the net and Kazaa would be useless. People here aren&#39;t stupid so please don&#39;t try to insult us. I have used Kazaa and other file-sharing programs for what can be called illegal reasons just like everyone else who uses them has. I&#39;m not agreeing to whether it is right or wrong as it is not in my rights to make these rules and decisions even though I live in the U.S.A. but at least I&#39;m not trying to justify what I do with an obvious lie.

WarLord
07-10-2004, 12:42 PM
It does not have to be copyrighted files people share.
On many networx,like ed2k (and I reckon others too) there are also gr8 ppl who share for example tutorials on different subjects like ripping, programming and other things that are gr8 and legal.
Some write it themselves, too...
There are also other stuff, for example music which has found its way to the public through P2P and are not copyrighted and the ppl are just glad they can reach others with their thing and thats really whats so nice with P2P; the community... :)

Dont know if that includes Fasttrack NW though since the more serious ppl who share stuff usually use other NW:s cuz of various reasons.. ;)

But you are right : It will die because of how bad the network, like you say is and it wasnt well with centralized servers and stuff.
That makes users of it more vulnerable.
Also, many of the trojans are released by corporations in trhe US and you wont find that amount of fakes anywhere else and much of that is also put out by corps.

SoberTillNoon
07-10-2004, 02:35 PM
Nor am I, but they are. They say that they do not condone the use of their product for COPYRIGHTED media.

-W-

locustfurnace
07-10-2004, 03:28 PM
Material thats copyrighted is not an issue, as ALL material is copyrighted by its creator.
Its the issue of distributing, Most music, software and movies, put out by the big company&#39;s do not permit redistribution. this is why it becomes illegal. It is not an issue of &#39;it is coprighted&#39; and &#39;not copyrighted&#39;. as it all is. Its how the copyright holders permit their works to be handled.
The RIAA can only go after people sharing files which is in their catalog of copyright holders who pay the RIAA to protect their copyrights. If you created a song, you own the copyright, If you wish to submit your songs to be protected by the rules of the RIAA, you can too, just like the big name acts.
As for the intention of the p2p network, its was not designed for its current abuse, and i mean abuse. If you say that p2p is only for sharing the illegal materials (copyrighted works which prohibit redistribution) then the internet itself is a vehicle for which p2p is layered ontop of, so then the Internet itself is illegal?
As stated, its not the sole purpose, although this blackend mark on p2p is the only thing the media focus on. BitTorrent is a p2p app, but its main useage is for downloading large files, which is highly regarded under the Free Software & OpenSource movement as a way to distribute the large ISO images of the FREE and FREELY distributed Operating Systems, such as Darwin, GNU/LINUX, *BSD&#39;s. As it helps lower server demand.

Photocopiers once were viewed for their potential to copy copyrighted novels, books, misc print which forbided such actions. No longer do people have to write out in longhand a section in a book, they could copy the whole book in minutes. Did this mean that anyone using a photocopier was doing illegal activities? I am sure there were some, but for the most part, the photocopier was used for copying original works by the creators.

The bottom line is, P2P (currently) is not illegal. Its the trading of copyrighted works which prohibit coping and distributing without prior consent of the author, that is in the highlight reels today, But those who are using it for transfer large projects between clients on their lan, which could be very well used in motion picture animation projects, to distributed anti-virus upgrading, or sharing large software projects go unnoticed in the news, as does all the positive sides of things in life.

WarLord
07-10-2004, 08:38 PM
locustfurnace:

Material thats copyrighted is not an issue, as ALL material is copyrighted by its creator.

I dont understand how you mean by that.

If I for example write a tutorial or something and puts that up on eMule , surely it cant be copyrighted...
Who is it that says it is copyrighted, if I, who wrote it says it has no copyright and the only thing I ask for is that ppl share it and learn something from it..?
Hopefully learns to share too.. ;)

I was kinda wondering and looked on the web for "What is copyright..?" and found this page http://www.whatiscopyright.org and it says:

Copyright is a protection that covers published and unpublished literary, scientific and artistic works, whatever the form of expression, provided such works are fixed in a tangible or material form.
This means that if you can see it, hear it and/or touch it - it may be protected. If it is an essay, if it is a play, if it is a song, if it is a funky original dance move, if it is a photograph, HTML coding or a computer graphic that can be set on paper, recorded on tape or saved to a hard drive, it may be protected.

It may be but my example-tutorial hasnt got such protection...
In my opinion it has gone too far when mostly anything can be copyrighted like "funky original dance move"....
It wont be long until some1 says a funny joke or something and another one comes around saying that the joke was Copyrighted, and M&#036; receives patent for doubleclick. :lol:
The last example actually happened.... ( http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/04/06/02/22222...&tid=187&tid=99 (http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/04/06/02/2222258.shtml?tid=109&tid=155&tid=187&tid=99) )
Its scary really....

Cheerz locustfurnace, Im a new member here... :)

locustfurnace
07-11-2004, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by WarLord+--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (WarLord)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I dont understand how you mean by that.
If I for example write a tutorial or something and puts that up on eMule , surely it cant be copyrighted...[/b]

Originally posted by http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#wci@

WHO CAN CLAIM COPYRIGHT

Copyright protection subsists from the time the work is created in fixed form. The copyright in the work of authorship immediately becomes the property of the author who created the work. Only the author or those deriving their rights through the author can rightfully claim copyright.

WHAT WORKS ARE PROTECTED?

Copyright protects "original works of authorship" that are fixed in a tangible form of expression. The fixation need not be directly perceptible so long as it may be communicated with the aid of a machine or device.

HOW TO SECURE A COPYRIGHT

Copyright Secured Automatically upon Creation

The way in which copyright protection is secured is frequently misunderstood. No publication or registration or other action in the Copyright Office is required to secure copyright.

Copyright is secured automatically when the work is created, and a work is "created" when it is fixed in a copy or phonorecord for the first time. "Copies" are material objects from which a work can be read or visually perceived either directly or with the aid of a machine or device, such as books, manuscripts, sheet music, film, videotape, or microfilm. "Phonorecords" are material objects embodying fixations of sounds (excluding, by statutory definition, motion picture soundtracks), such as cassette tapes, CDs, or LPs. Thus, for example, a song (the "work") can be fixed in sheet music (" copies") or in phonograph disks (" phonorecords"), or both.

HOW LONG COPYRIGHT PROTECTION ENDURES

Originally Created on or after January 1, 1978

A work that is created (fixed in tangible form for the first time) on or after January 1, 1978, is automatically protected from the moment of its creation and is ordinarily given a term enduring for the author&#39;s life plus an additional 70 years after the author&#39;s death. In the case of "a joint work prepared by two or more authors who did not work for hire," the term lasts for 70 years after the last surviving author&#39;s death. For works made for hire, and for anonymous and pseudonymous works (unless the author&#39;s identity is revealed in Copyright Office records), the duration of copyright will be 95 years from publication or 120 years from creation, whichever is shorter.

<!--QuoteBegin--http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#102
Copyright Law of the United States of America and Related Laws Contained in Title 17 of the United States Code

§ 102. Subject matter of copyright: In general26

(a) Copyright protection subsists, in accordance with this title, in original works of authorship fixed in any tangible medium of expression, now known or later developed, from which they can be perceived, reproduced, or otherwise communicated, either directly or with the aid of a machine or device. Works of authorship include the following categories:

(1) literary works;
(2) musical works, including any accompanying words;
(3) dramatic works, including any accompanying music;
(4) pantomimes and choreographic works;
(5) pictorial, graphic, and sculptural works;
(6) motion pictures and other audiovisual works;
(7) sound recordings; and
(8) architectural works.

( b ) In no case does copyright protection for an original work of authorship extend to any idea, procedure, process, system, method of operation, concept, principle, or discovery, regardless of the form in which it is described, explained, illustrated, or embodied in such work.
[/quote]

SoberTillNoon
07-11-2004, 12:46 AM
Man, I am joking.
One: I am poking fun at Sherman&#39;s phony reason
Two: it is funny that they say that.

I am in no way saying that is what they really intended. I am jus&#39; messin&#39;. sorry.

-W-

WarLord
07-11-2004, 12:12 PM
Yeah, it may be but it has not nessecarily be copyrighted.. ;)
I saw that page too but since it was only bout US-laws I figured the other was more generally speaking bout what copyright is.
Dont know bout the States but where I come from , not all things people create are under copyright-protection.. :)

P2P is like ya say not illegal and never should be since its a way to communicate and spread information and I think those greedy corporations and politicians should realize that we are living in different times now with the internet and stuff and they have to realize and adjust to that cuz otherwise , those ppl also is going down.. ;)

Info wants to be free...

Anyways, its getting kinda off-topic maybe so lets just say that Kazaa (with their network and that Kazaa Lite) is going down and they have themselves to blame.. :D

Stay c00l &#33; B)

WL

KazaaLite For Life
07-11-2004, 09:06 PM
What makes me laugh is their program was MADE to break copywrite law. Then they b*tch and moan when a program comes along that is a hack of their own program, then threaten everyone with lawsuits that hosts it? that&#39;s bs&#33; That would be like me suing a car theif for stealing the Jag that I wanted to steal.

WarLord
07-12-2004, 05:59 AM
Thats the bad thing bout Kazaa in the first place, that its copyrighted.. ;)

Doesnt matter if its Kazaa Lite cuz its supporting the same sh*t anywayz.. B)

guest_Brian
07-14-2004, 01:49 PM
with all due respect to everyone here, i just don&#39;t know why you are all so high up on kazaa ot kazaa lite anyway. when i try to download anything at all i just get

"Remotely Cued"
"More Sources Needed"
"Remotely Cued"
"More Sources Needed"
"Remotely Cued"
"More Sources Needed"
"Remotely Cued"
"More Sources Needed"
"Remotely Cued"
"More Sources Needed"
"Remotely Cued"

and the only time i was actually able to download a file at all which is not very often, it turns out to be a virus. i dont care care if kazaa goes. it was useless to me&#33;
And WinMX was just as useless&#33;

-- Brian

07-14-2004, 07:38 PM
Eh? I seem to be getting alright results on kazaa lite. Least for older obscure movies I am. WinMX is useless. I tried it again recently and still get the bs &#39;qued&#39; response when I try to download. :angry:

SoberTillNoon
07-14-2004, 09:10 PM
:: clears throat ::

What are you people doing wrong? I have never gotten one virus from the fasttrack netowrk.

As far as the sources thing goes, get files from ones that have the most people. With K++ you can do searches for a set time and you can get files with like 125 people. those will most likely download.

-W-

07-15-2004, 11:11 PM
Kazaa sucks, we all know that... but is it dieing, who knows...

While people who know what Kazaa does to your PC (infesting it with Spy/Adware) would all like to think its becoming less popular but the truth is there is no reason the average user would stop using it. To them it is the best and there is no reason to switch or alternative that people know about, Kazaa is very popular. Maybe if they knew the truth, but until I see some statistics I think assuming Kazaa is dieing is sadly a false dream.

Is there any P2P programs that don’t install crap on your PC that you all know of?

07-16-2004, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Guest@Jul 15 2004, 11:11 PM
Kazaa sucks, we all know that... but is it dieing, who knows...

While people who know what Kazaa does to your PC (infesting it with Spy/Adware) would all like to think its becoming less popular but the truth is there is no reason the average user would stop using it. To them it is the best and there is no reason to switch or alternative that people know about, Kazaa is very popular. Maybe if they knew the truth, but until I see some statistics I think assuming Kazaa is dieing is sadly a false dream.

Is there any P2P programs that don’t install crap on your PC that you all know of?
http://forum.edonkey-divx.be/ try here mate ita proper p2p place oldversion is not a filesharing forum it just archives such programs

SoberTillNoon
07-16-2004, 11:48 AM
Umm... kazaa lite? Which is hosted here.

And for the last time, kazaa does not suck. You just have to be smart about downloading. Just because people don&#39;t use other networks does not mean you are safer. In fact, it means that there is less that is out there. Fast track has the most people out there, and unlike ed2k, which I dispise, you have to have the whole file to share it, thus no files where the other half has not been seen in over a year. If you are not a idoit about things, and you are cautious, you will be able to download with no bad consequences. Even software is safe so long that you are not stupid.

THe very fact that no one has yet to dispute me on that point gives me good reason that to believe that you all know it too.

-Securtiy through obscurity is not security at all. I am W-

WarLord
07-16-2004, 01:44 PM
Kazaa/Kazaa Lite is much easier for newbies to learn since ppl doesnt have to learn anything, they can just leech without giving a thing for it or learn anything.
Some even seems to think there are a big server which provides the files and then theyve lost the whole idea of P2P completely

Strange that you only found incomplete files at ed2k , since those are pretty rare..
It really doesnt matter how many ppl uses Kazaa, since they arent even near the amount of different quality-files that exist on ed2k.
Its quality that counts, not quantity and often when ppl complains on eMule and when one looks in to it; discovers that the problem is that they dont know how it works . B)
That is understandable but not saying that it is bad, just because they dont know how it works so they can use it properly.

New game-releases and music-albums are there almost directly and on Kazaa youre lucky if you find anything of value (that many ppl has,so your able to download in the first place)...
I guess its pretty much depends on what ppl are after and how much they are prepared to give for it...
If one is after only some mainstream,common music mp3 at 128kb/s and not having much time, then Ill guess Kazaa is good, but if one wants properly ripped albums for example with high quality and are prepared to spend a little more time for it, then ed2k is the thing to go for cuz to start with, ed2k isnt for small files like mp3s. ;)

Most n00bs dont like eMule for example cuz one must spend more time on it cuz ya gain credit when ya share, and then they dont even understand how ed2k-network works: It is a pretty fair network where ppl must share, where the ppl (most anyway) understand that one cannot sit and leech and dont give anything back, thus "filters" away those damn leechers that are better off using that Kazaa/Kazaan Lite anyway.
The longer one are connected the better download-rates one gain (many has it connected 24/7) and one cant just connect to a server and see only a half file and therefor shut down immediately cuz then one doesnt understand how it works.
One must give it some time to find sources on different servers. ;)

Note that it does not change a thing if one uses Kazaa Lite or regular Kazaa cuz its the same network whith nearly no new or quality files at all.
Except for maybe mainstream very popular, new files like mp3s.
Maybe Kazaa idea was good at the beginning but since ppl now can use it without sharing, there are mostly bad files and evil leechers there.
I really dont see how a network could survive when it has become like that cuz where should the sharers come from and how it should come any quality to that network since there arent any now.

See Ya All..&#33; B)

07-16-2004, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by SoberTillNoon@Jul 16 2004, 11:48 AM
Umm... kazaa lite? Which is hosted here.

And for the last time, kazaa does not suck. You just have to be smart about downloading. Just because people don&#39;t use other networks does not mean you are safer. In fact, it means that there is less that is out there. Fast track has the most people out there, and unlike ed2k, which I dispise, you have to have the whole file to share it, thus no files where the other half has not been seen in over a year. If you are not a idoit about things, and you are cautious, you will be able to download with no bad consequences. Even software is safe so long that you are not stupid.

THe very fact that no one has yet to dispute me on that point gives me good reason that to believe that you all know it too.

-Securtiy through obscurity is not security at all. I am W-
been plenty of other topics in the last two days or so, guess i was right in the first place your only ability is kazaa and p2p apps, i havent seen you fulfil any requests or anything, try www.p2p.com a dedicated p2p place instead of repeating all this crap its all been heard over and over so many times all that it is achieving is more and more crap for others to read in the hope of finding an answer amongst all the garbled unnecessary rubbish.and dont bother replying me you will only look sillier than you already do now

moirone
07-16-2004, 07:16 PM
If anyone needs to download Kazaa Lite just go to:

[/url]

removed links: 2004-19-07 refer to [url=http://www.oldversion.com/sharman.php][Oldversion.com vs Sharman Networks (http://www.freekazaalite.tk)

WarLord
07-17-2004, 11:51 PM
Well, Its pretty obvious that some has to learn what P2P is about.. B)

Bye 4 now.. :)

Linxx
01-14-2008, 10:55 AM
I am new here and am having connection problems with Kazaa. I am running V 2.6 Kazaa lite revolution. I have permitted the connection through windows XP home edition's firewall, but still no connection. I am using an ADSL modem which works well in all other aplications . Not sure which way to go from here. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Constance
01-14-2008, 12:40 PM
I may be wrong, but I thought the Kazaa network had been closed months ago ? ... (Never used that one, so, maybe I'm may just be mistaking it for another one I had heard about ^^ )

kazaa caused so many spamming problems here i have merged this into an existing thread and left it closed,for more info search the forums and read past postings.