PDA

View Full Version : Dead Aim

bill
09-13-2003, 03:55 PM
some 1 told me they came out wit a hackin version of dead aim called hackerfriendly or something yall herd of this snd if so were can i get it

icecream
12-09-2003, 12:07 AM
when i use dead aim it asks for a email address and password? i downloaded the older version and didnt pay so what do i put in there??

locustfurnace
12-09-2003, 06:58 AM
You might want to check the programs homepage for how-to's on using the app.

The Dude
12-09-2003, 11:18 PM
I read the desciption on DEAD AIM and it looks very similar to the latest version of aim (5.5.3415)

I would not recommed d/l this,as it hogs resources like crazy and slowes your computer down (At least on mine it did) It has un-needed games,etc......I would love having those pop up things with 5.5 but it isn just too slow,its terrible actually!!!

I made a mistake of d/l 5.5.3415,then i was lucky enuf to find 5.2.3277 again and i re-installed that one.....(5.2.3277 is the BEST aim client out yet)

gengar56
12-12-2003, 09:51 PM
My IM client of choice is actually AIM 4.8 with MyIM 2.1. http://home.rochester.rr.com/artcfox/MyIM/...M/Download.html (http://home.rochester.rr.com/artcfox/MyIM/Download.html)

Mark
12-26-2003, 08:18 PM
I've recently had DeadAim from this site, and recently started acting up. I uninstalled then when I try to download off this site, I do not have access to some key?? Anyone having the same problems?

locustfurnace
12-26-2003, 10:08 PM
I have never used the app, but i will guess it is a shareware app. Which has a time trial period of so many days.
When you uninstalled the app, you then expired the remaining alloted trial period. So when you went to install another version, it says you no longer have a trial period left and the only way you can now use it is by purchasing a registration.
If you want to continue to use it you will now have to purchase the software license.

Mark
12-27-2003, 12:52 PM
Hmm thats probably true, bot now I am running just the normal AIM program and everytime someone signs on/off i get a screen in the middle of my computer saying Module D:\Program Files\AIM\deadaim.ocm is missing. It is required to run AOL Instant Messanger??

Winkum
12-29-2003, 12:40 PM
how can i download a legal, free version of Dead AIM??? :blink:

locustfurnace
12-29-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Winkum@Dec 29 2003, 02:40 PM
how can i download a legal, free version of Dead AIM??? :blink:
If the developers never made a freeware version then there is none to be had. You will just have to settle for the shareware versions, and if you like it, then purchase a license for it.

Aznmask
01-08-2004, 12:07 PM
icecream u probably update the dead aim.. taht is why they ask u for email...

the 3.28 dead aim have to pay to download.. & never ask for email..

then on version 4 they require ppl to register..

so uninstall & install the 3.28 again ..

Gabe
01-11-2004, 03:03 AM
I use DeadAIM v 3.2.1 and keep getting a popup saying...

A fault has occured.
This fault may or may not be caused by DeadAIM.
Would you like to save a dianostic file?

This happens after i minimize the buddy list and bring it back up.
Any Suggestions?

Random
01-11-2004, 02:19 PM
I had that problem and it worked after I uninstalled DeadAIM, reinstalled an older version of AIM, and installed DeadAIM.

Gabe
01-11-2004, 03:48 PM
what older version of aim did u use?

sweetasheaven4
02-09-2004, 07:06 PM
I just downloaded and installed dead aim from this site, but it's not working. I try to open aim but dead aim isn't there. Is there some kind of trick to get it going? (I'm using aim version 5.2) Thanks in advance.

locustfurnace
02-09-2004, 08:46 PM
Have you looked through the FAQs on how to use this app on the developers site first? That should be the first place you look and ask questions, as they would have the exact answers for your questions.
http://www.jdennis.net/DeadAIM/faq.php

02-13-2004, 02:38 PM
Or uist read my message aboutn bloking aim/icq ads in the GENERAL area :D

The Dude :)

Bah
02-25-2004, 03:15 PM
what version aim does it run on?

Bonicles
02-26-2004, 02:32 PM
it should run on all but the newest one.... for that ur gonna have to buy the newest DeadAim from DeadAim.com (http://www.deadaim.com)

ualemp2941
02-27-2004, 09:31 PM
Dead aim doesnt work.. :angry: when i downloaded it from the site it asked for a serial number but i dont have one.. can some one give me one so i can use deadaim thx.. plz email me to help too Ualemp2941@aol.com :D

beanboy89
02-27-2004, 09:36 PM
Don't discuss seral numbers/cracks on OldVersion.com , as they are illegal. Read the OldVersion.com FAQ's

Originally posted by http://oldversion.com/faq.php
Why do you only have freeware and shareware?
This is not a "warez" site. We are able to legally distribute only freeware and shareware, since they are free.

locustfurnace
02-27-2004, 09:49 PM
DeadAIM is a retail app, which requires you to purchase a license if you want to use it beyond the trial period.
Check the DeadAIM website for more details

thedude
03-09-2004, 12:52 PM
what do u enter for the serial... where do u get a serial for it.

beanboy89
03-09-2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by thedude+Mar 9 2004, 01:52 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (thedude @ Mar 9 2004, 01:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>what do u enter for the serial... where do u get a serial for it.[/b]
If you want the seral you have to buy it, but don&#39;t ask here. OldVersion.com does not deal with serals.

<!--QuoteBegin--http://oldversion.com/faq.php
This is not a "warez" site. We are able to legally distribute only freeware and shareware, since they are free.
[/quote]

03-10-2004, 07:38 PM
I installed the most recent version of DeadAim that Oldversion.com hosts (3.2.8) and I was wondering what features they&#39;ve added since that version. I can&#39;t seem to be able to rename my buddies, which I know DeadAim allows you to do, but everything else works. Is this a new feature, or am I just a dope?
Thanx,
D.I.

locustfurnace
03-10-2004, 08:15 PM
I never used the program, but you might try looking for a help file, either in hlp or html format which was packaged, if there was one, with the installer. Maybe there is a help file with the shortcut in the start menu. If there is, try looking in there for any clues to what your asking.

03-10-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by locustfurnace@Mar 10 2004, 09:15 PM
I never used the program, but you might try looking for a help file, either in hlp or html format which was packaged, if there was one, with the installer. Maybe there is a help file with the shortcut in the start menu. If there is, try looking in there for any clues to what your asking.
yeah, the only help file I was able to find just said this:

===========================
DEADAIM 3.2.1 RELEASE NOTES
===========================

Thank you for choosing DeadAIM&#33;

For support please visit the forums at:
http://www.jdennis.net/forums/

This is a maintenance release that fixes bugs in
3.1. A couple of minor features have been added:

o Tabbed IMs icon turns orange when user is typing.
o Selecting Log Manager from the IM window or the buddy
list right click menu navigates to the relevant log.
o Ability to enable/disable "session concluded" log
message.
o Middle clicking on a tab closes it.

A full list of changes in this version can be viewed at:
http://www.jdennis.net/DeadAIM/changelog.php

We hope you enjoy version 3.2.1,

JDennis.net Development Team

03-14-2004, 01:10 PM
I believe only DeadAIM 4.0 and above have the renaming buddies feature. You can find a free version of this somewhere on the net, I&#39;ve seen it. Maybe you&#39;d want to upgrade.

locustfurnace
03-14-2004, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Guest+Mar 14 2004, 02:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Mar 14 2004, 02:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I believe only DeadAIM 4.0 and above ....You can find a free version of this somewhere on the net, .[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin--DeadAIM@ http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=deadaim
Versions 4+ are not distributed as freeware and cannot be listed on OldVersion.com.[/quote]

Which would mean if your seeing a "free" version it is an illegal copy.

azian111
03-28-2004, 06:45 PM
I downloaded the file (Dead Aim 328) and when I clicked on the installation icon, it gave me a message saying "deadaim328.exe is not a valid Win32 application." Can anyone tell me what this means? :huh: Thanks a bunch. :)

locustfurnace
03-30-2004, 06:05 AM
Most likely you will have to download the file again, be sure you empty out your C:&#092;Windows&#092;Temp of all previous downloaded and installation routine files.

skkybluexo
04-03-2004, 10:35 AM
i just downloaded deadaim off of this site and now i cant figure out how to make it run. ive clicked on the icon and installed it but what do i do from there???

locustfurnace
04-03-2004, 03:30 PM
Check the developers site for instructions on how to use this app.

04-04-2004, 06:12 PM
just dl kazaa lite and dl the latest version of deadaim and find a crack for it

the gaffer
04-04-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Guest@Apr 4 2004, 06:12 PM
just dl kazaa lite and dl the latest version of deadaim and find a crack for it
or better still you could be honest and purchase the program, downloading cracks is illegal and not good advice to follow,

whitney
04-05-2004, 07:17 PM
How do I used DeadAIM once I&#39;ve downloaded it? I&#39;ve done it twice now and I can&#39;t figure out how to make more then 1 buddy list.

locustfurnace
04-05-2004, 08:20 PM
Check the developers website for how to use the app.

04-08-2004, 07:44 AM
which version did u download of deadaim? and aim?

Hells_Trinity
05-02-2004, 12:07 PM
I tryed downloading all three versions of DEAD AIM and they said the installed properly but it didnt work it didnt have the Edit dead aim options or anything
did anyone else have this problem?
thanks for the help

locustfurnace
05-02-2004, 10:54 PM
Check the developers homepage for help
DeadAim Faqs (http://www.jdennis.net/DeadAIM/faq.php)

Goslow
05-02-2004, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Hells_Trinity @May 2 2004, 12:07 PM

did anyone else have this problem?just a guess but prolly
these are a few titles I grabbed off the search page & that was just the first page &#33;
did nobody answer these threads?

User Name Problem/deadaim, Deadaim/PLEASE HELP, Missing&#33;/Where&#39;s my buddy list?, Oldversion&#39;s Deadaim/renaming buddy list, Deadaim DoesntWork .. Help&#33;/deadaim, Dead Aim-- Trouble Installing,Deadaim Problems/A fault has occured,

searching the forum can often be faster than downloading &#33;

mangugue
05-05-2004, 08:46 PM
can anybody tell me wich version of kazaa to download, i want to download the one that i can revew the file that i&#39;m downloading but i want to prevew with media player not with the theater, thankz

locustfurnace
05-06-2004, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by mangugue@May 5 2004, 08:46 PM
can anybody tell me wich version of kazaa to download,
Search the forum for the many kazaa threads, this has been rather abundant on this forum, You should have no problems finding what your seeking.
Also, note that it is good that you did not start a new thread to ask your question, but at the same time you posted in an unrelated topic.
Here are the search results for kazaa, there is plenty to keep you busy
http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&highlite=kazaa (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=Search&CODE=show&searchid=918c4341ed372499989b89adc06e6708&search_in=posts&result_type=topics&highlite=kazaa)

dan
05-07-2004, 04:32 PM
cant use those DeadAIM&#39;s wit aim version 5.5

Xtina
05-08-2004, 10:45 AM
Does anyone kno y dead aim wont work... i downloaded it liek 3 times.. n it wont open up.. HELP ME PLEASE :D

locustfurnace
05-09-2004, 06:59 AM
Explaing, "won&#39;t open up" alittle better.
Did it not install? or unzip? or it did install but wont run?
Check the forum for similar threads.

guest_Brian
05-20-2004, 05:17 PM
if you are using aim 5.5 past versions of dead aim will not work. the most recent version of dead aim (no longer freeware) is the only version that will work with aim 5.5 what i did was download aim 4.8 and dead aim will work with that version. and aim 4.8 doesnt bother or nag you to upgrade either.

guest_Brian
05-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Hells_Trinity@May 2 2004, 12:07 PM
I tryed downloading all three versions of DEAD AIM and they said the installed properly but it didnt work it didnt have the Edit dead aim options or anything
did anyone else have this problem?
thanks for the help
if you are using aim 5.5 past versions of dead aim will not work. the most recent version of dead aim (no longer freeware) is the only version that will work with aim 5.5 what i did was download aim 4.8 and dead aim will work with that version. and aim 4.8 doesnt bother or nag you to upgrade either.

Amateur
06-21-2004, 07:21 PM
what is the purpose of dead aim...what is it used for..???please help me... :blink:

SSS
06-21-2004, 08:23 PM
A quote from the DeadAIM (http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=deadaim) downloads page on OldVersion.com:

An unobtrusive free add-on that works within AIM, DeadAIM can tweak transparency, keep all conversations in a single tabbed interface, log sessions and events (such as log-on and log-off) separately for each buddy, and hide elements of the main AIM window. In addition, DeadAIM can pop up a notification when buddies sign on, sign off, set "away" messages, or come back.

@ndy
06-28-2004, 06:16 PM
which of the latest version of aim is compatiable with dead aim ver. 3?

Dijit
07-05-2004, 12:17 AM
I&#39;ve gotten the newest version of AIM. I got 328 from here. I&#39;ve installed them both. It said that DeadAIM was successfully installed and popped up when I started up aim. Then, I go to My AIM and try and go to the DeadAIM prefs/thingy. It&#39;s not there. Log Manager works, but that&#39;s all.

I&#39;m lost.

Nader
07-06-2004, 10:51 AM
yeah, aol made old versions of dead aim incompatible with newer versions of AIM.
so if you want a working dead aim, just give our beloved dead aim programmer five freakin dollars.

07-10-2004, 02:13 PM
id like to know this as well..

can you use aim 5.2 with deadaim 3.2.8?

SoberTillNoon
07-10-2004, 02:36 PM
I cannot believe I am saying this:

There is another thread that has this info in it. Ues the search function to find out which one it is.

-W-

07-10-2004, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by SoberTillNoon@Jul 10 2004, 02:36 PM
I cannot believe I am saying this:

There is another thread that has this info in it. Ues the search function to find out which one it is.

-W-
it wouldve been faster for you to type &#39;yes&#39; or &#39;no,&#39; but thanks anyway.

SoberTillNoon
07-11-2004, 12:49 AM
Why should I do your work for you? Also, this was not a yes or no question: it was a which version question.

-W-

07-11-2004, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by SoberTillNoon@Jul 11 2004, 12:49 AM
Why should I do your work for you? Also, this was not a yes or no question: it was a which version question.

-W-
WHICH post was not a yes no question if you read a little more carefully the second reply could of been, if you know a thread with an answer in try pointing the person to it, it saves others reading a load of garble to find an answer, the idea of the forum is to help others , whilst i agree in people doing there own searching it seems pointless in having loads of unnecessary replies to jumble your way through. you need not reply to me as that will only cause another unnecessary reply, im having a go at any one just pointing out it is as well to point to a particular thread as well as making the point about using the search feature

SoberTillNoon
07-11-2004, 02:35 PM
Whaa??? The second post? I generally don&#39;t concern myself with a post before mine and after the the first. Well then, I say to you, download and find out. Don&#39;t be afraid to get your hands dirty, &#39;tis fun.

-W-

07-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by SoberTillNoon@Jul 11 2004, 02:35 PM
Whaa??? The second post? I generally don&#39;t concern myself with a post before mine and after the the first. Well then, I say to you, download and find out. Don&#39;t be afraid to get your hands dirty, &#39;tis fun.

-W-
obviously you have an intelligence impairment, if you do not concern yourself with replies after the first you may well be adding to a thread that has been more than fulfilled or gone off topic and will not be helping anyone, i do download and verify everything i post to check links are functional and correct versions, how much do you download and install just to check, most likely anything above aim or p2p is way above you as that is all you seem to be able to answer to.

SoberTillNoon
07-11-2004, 09:03 PM
Lighten up. Seriously, the search function is for you. When I offer guine help, pay attention, othewise, I am spouting bulls**t. And AIM and p2p is not all Iknow, they are the only NEW topics that have come about. I will not comment on an old topic because the chances that it has been fullfilled are great, and I don&#39;t want to read about something I know about to find out something I already know.

-W-

07-12-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by SoberTillNoon@Jul 11 2004, 09:03 PM
Lighten up. Seriously, the search function is for you. When I offer guine help, pay attention, othewise, I am spouting bulls**t. And AIM and p2p is not all Iknow, they are the only NEW topics that have come about. I will not comment on an old topic because the chances that it has been fullfilled are great, and I don&#39;t want to read about something I know about to find out something I already know.

-W-
i have no need to lighten up, you have obviously not got the brain to realise the simple fact i was pointing out to you, nothing more nothing less it was a simple pointer i made and that is all

SoberTillNoon
07-12-2004, 09:56 PM
I am letting you win this, because I have no will to fight. Have a good one.

-W-

07-13-2004, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by SoberTillNoon@Jul 12 2004, 09:56 PM
I am letting you win this, because I have no will to fight. Have a good one.

-W-
it wasnt a stand off buddy just a pointer, nobody worth an gram of goodness wants to fight in a forum , you have a good one youself as well mate, we will just agree to disagree

guest_Brian
07-14-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by SoberTillNoon@Jul 11 2004, 09:03 PM

-W-
with all due respect, the search function doesnt always work that swiftly. i did a search for AIM just today and got 0 results. When i entered the forum there were several questions and answers reguarding aim that the search function never brought up. Maybe people are asking questions over again because the search isn&#39;t bringing the results that it is suppose to. i visit another board frequently and it has this exact same problem and the users get flamed for it because "it looks like they are not using the search" Proverbally: when you invent a faulty product, don&#39;t shoot the customer when it doesnt work&#33;"

locustfurnace
07-14-2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by guest_Brian+Jul 14 2004, 02:08 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guest_Brian @ Jul 14 2004, 02:08 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>with all due respect,** the search function doesn&#39;t always work that swiftly.* * i did a search for AIM just today and got 0 results.** ....* i visit another board frequently and it has this exact same problem and the users get flamed for it because "it looks like they are not using the search" [/b]
The search feature works fine, you just are not reading the error message then, which would explain that searching must be contain 4 characters. doing a search on 3 would just result in too many irrelevant hits so its not utilized. Try the same on google and see the results. the better the keywords, the better the results.
But I do know exactly what you probably are thinking as i find it annoying at times as well when searching for a subject, since just about all the programs today are using abbreviations. such as
AIM, ICQ, MSN, YIM, SIM, PIM, PDA, VIM,
it really would require using some customizations of the database, or using a better way to index.
<!--QuoteBegin--guest_Brian@Jul 14 2004, 02:08 PM

Proverbally: when you invent a faulty product, don&#39;t shoot the customer when it doesn&#39;t work&#33;"[/quote] No, you shoot em when they say the product is broken yet its not, the user never bothered to read the instructions since the customer always thinks they know how everything works without ever having had used the product before.

stickel87
07-29-2004, 11:41 PM
hey guys i found a file u guys can add to oldversion.com deadaim 4.5 its located at REMOVED some guy ina yahoo chat told me bout it i checked it out and it was nice program n easy to use check it out no worries bout virsues i have norton 2003 updated 3 days ago n i dled it like yesterday so check it out:-D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

locustfurnace
07-30-2004, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by DEADAIM@ http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=deadaim

guest_Janus
08-20-2004, 11:56 AM
I&#39;m using AIM 5.2.3292 with Dead AIM 3.2.1. Oldversion doesn&#39;t seem to have 3.2.1. anymore but either 3.2.7 or 3.2.8 should work just fine.

*Lauren*
08-22-2004, 08:38 AM
ok so i downloaded the dead aim and i downloaded it but as soon as i exit out of my aol thing.. i dont know how to get it back. i have been uninstalling it and then reinstalling it every time. i need help please

*Lauren* :blink:

the gaffer
08-22-2004, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by *Lauren*@Aug 22 2004, 08:38 AM
ok so i downloaded the dead aim and i downloaded it but as soon as i exit out of my aol thing.. i dont know how to get it back. i have been uninstalling it and then reinstalling it every time. i need help please

*Lauren* :blink:
posting the same thing in two different places is not necessary and will only lead to one getting answered and the other deleted it will not gain you a better of faster result

GrandKai84
08-24-2004, 11:57 AM
Hi.

First of all, I&#39;d like to say that I appreciate this site. It has helped me a lot through the hard times of finding old software and help continue with my work. Thanks&#33;&#33;&#33;

If anyone has the answers to this, please reply immedately. Thanks.

I just wanted to know which old versions of DeadAIM will work on what old versions of AIM?

takecareilltakewhatican
08-24-2004, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by Nader@Jul 6 2004, 10:51 AM
yeah, aol made old versions of dead aim incompatible with newer versions of AIM.
so if you want a working dead aim, just give our beloved dead aim programmer five freakin dollars.
or just get an older version of AIM?

08-24-2004, 07:31 PM
AIM ad hack3.65 is another choice ,its works fine with new AIM version.
:P

08-24-2004, 07:34 PM
By the way,I am still using AIM 4.8.2790,its works so well on my computer.New Version sucks.

Angelic
08-25-2004, 03:30 PM
Ok, so I&#39;m currently using AIM 5.2.3292 and DeadAim 4.0.
Now, my deadaim works just fine...but many people I know that use deadaim have different smileys than the normal aim ones. I went into &#39;edit deadaim options...&#39;, but nothing about the smileys was in there. Does anyone know how I can get these, or how to make them work? Thank you&#33;

the gaffer
08-25-2004, 05:07 PM
always check the develpers website for information http://www.jdennis.net the developers of dead aim have a FAQ section and a support forum.

Angelic
08-26-2004, 12:55 PM
Blah...I looked there, nothing about smileys though. Anyone?

locustfurnace
08-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Angelic@Aug 26 2004, 12:55 PM
Blah...I looked there, nothing about smileys though. Anyone?

Oldversion.com just archives programs. Not everyone uses these apps who visit the board.
As stated by the_gaffer, there is also on the developers site a user forum, this would be the best place to post your questions, since the forum is dedicated to the program your using.
http://www.jdennis.net/forums/

harrison
09-02-2004, 10:55 AM
what aim should i download so dead aim works? my mom deleted aim by accident :angry: , so i forget which one to dwnload....please help&#33;&#33;&#33; :blink:

guest_Brian
09-02-2004, 12:35 PM
aim 4.8 is the highest that will work with any free versions of dead aim

09-02-2004, 12:42 PM
also try the search feature, there was a recent thread that covered this same question, countless times the moderator has to point this out to people and it must get kinda boring after a few hundred times.

megan16h
09-03-2004, 03:53 PM
yea same, it says i have downloaded it and stuff but i cant go into the prefrences

hi_im_tanya
09-03-2004, 10:20 PM
No, version 5.2.3292 also works with dead aim. I love it.

09-11-2004, 07:18 PM
So i have a question... i downloaded version 3.28 from oldversion right? But what the heck do they mean by the serial number? Where do you get the serial number? It said look on the site or something, but i&#39;m completely clueless as to what to do and where to do&#33; -_- help would be great

pun
09-11-2004, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Guest@Sep 11 2004, 07:18 PM
Where do you get the serial number? It said look on the site or something
http://www.jdennis.net

The devolopers web site. You buy the serial here for &#036;5 american I believe is the cost right now.

Shady17
09-16-2004, 09:13 AM
You dont have to buy it....

locustfurnace
09-16-2004, 09:56 AM
Originally posted by Shady177@Sep 16 2004, 09:13 AM
You dont have to buy it....
Right, you dont have to buy it if you don&#39;t plan to use it.
DeadAIM 4.5 is a retail product. before you can download it, you have to pay.
Any other forms of obtaining this app would be illegal.
Check the DeadAIM website if you are unclear.
http://www.jdennis.net/DeadAIM/downloads.php

kameryn
10-09-2004, 11:37 AM
ok when i downloaded deadaim from oldversion i thought it was free but it&#39;s still asking for a serial number?&#33;?&#33;? someone said that you had to pay for the serial number? wuts the point? why not just get the newest version for the same price (&#036;5)? Help me please? Where can I get it honestly free? :unsure:

locustfurnace
10-09-2004, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by kameryn@Oct 9 2004, 11:37 AM
someone said that you had to pay for the serial number? wuts the point? Where can I get it honestly free? :unsure:
The point is, someone who did pay for an old version of the app, who has a valid license, may have lost their installation package, and needs that old copy again. They can come here and get that old copy and use it once more.
Second point is that not all new versions work for everyones system, some people are not running Windows XP or whatever the latest release of windows is at the time.
Some people still use win95, these old versions might be what they need.
This is not a site for finding &#39;new&#39; software titles. But for locating files someone either had once used, or preferred over the latest.

You can not get it for free. This site holds freeware and shareware titles, the version your mentioning is shareware.
If the app is something that does what you need, support future development of the software and pay for it. If you do not wish to pay for the app, you do not have to, just stop using it.

iamking! haha
10-09-2004, 02:37 PM
So what about this patch i&#39;ve heard about? Some of my friends have used it and told me it works. It covers up the area where you would enter the e-mail address and serial number. <_<

locustfurnace
10-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by iamking&#33; haha@Oct 9 2004, 02:37 PM
It covers up the area where you would enter the e-mail address and serial number. <_<
That would be illegal, check out the DMCA, which would make it a felony to use such &#39;patches&#39;

scotty
10-17-2004, 04:51 PM
Does anyone know what is the latest version of AIM that works with DEADAIM 3.2.8?

guest_nick
12-14-2004, 10:36 PM
I just dowloaded dead aim version 3.2.8 and it doesnt seem to be working right. It gives me the log, but none of the other features. I have aim version 5.9.3690. What could i be doing wrong, and what can i do to fix this problem? do i have to download an olderversion of aim? Help me out.

Luna
12-14-2004, 11:45 PM
my computer automaticaly updated to teh newest AIM version and now my deadaim doesnt work...is there any aim that will work for free?..or do i have to pay for the newest version?

sicklyrix31
12-16-2004, 10:41 PM
I recently updated my AIM which was 4. something to the newest one...5.9 something(which i feel is now a big mistake). the only problem is i had DEADAIM on my old version and it workef fine but now that ive upgraded it doesn&#39;t work. is there any versoin of DEADAIM that will work with the newest AIM? or is the newest DEADAIM (which you have to pay for) the only possible way?...i really dont want to pay but i need the info first..help..

Kandace
12-23-2004, 01:21 PM
Hi umm...when I downloaded the old dead aim it went fine but then when i went to use it, it said i have to have an email address and a serial number...i dont know what to do because i dont know what it means...PLEASE HELP&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Bjarnyie
12-23-2004, 01:41 PM
Hey guys, if you have the "newest" version of DeadAim which is 3.2.8, then you want to get the version of AOL Instant Messenger which is 5.2.3277, or 5.2. That version works perfectly... Tabbed IM windows, Clone AIM options, all of that stuff.

12-23-2004, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Kandace@Dec 23 2004, 02:21 PM
Hi umm...when I downloaded the old dead aim it went fine but then when i went to use it, it said i have to have an email address and a serial number...i dont know what to do because i dont know what it means...PLEASE HELP&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
at least try and get the right damn place to post you neva been on a forum and used a search read what othersn have written and do a bit of self help

wk21085
01-18-2005, 08:45 AM
testie aren&#39;t we? but anyways my dead aim pops up but it doesn&#39;t log it showed when a friend of mine logged in i might break down and buy it. my dad owes me 5 bucks ne ways but will i be allowed to give out the serial # on here if i do buy it? i mean i did buy it and what i do with it is my business i mean i also have y tunnel pro hope i can say that here

please email me a response since i&#39;ll probably forget about this site

locustfurnace
01-18-2005, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by wk21085@Jan 18 2005, 09:45 AM
will i be allowed to give out the serial # on here if i do buy it? i mean i did buy it and what i do with it is my business
No, you can not post the serial # here, That is illegal. Your not paying for the software, your "renting a license." So your forbidden by the license from sharing it.

mad4hatter
01-22-2005, 09:28 PM
I have deadaim on my other computer but accidently uninstalled it from this one.. is there anyway to copy it over to this one? thanks for your help email me ali_933@hotmail.com

pinkpawprintz
01-27-2005, 08:57 AM
I am using AIM 5.9.3702 and have installed Dead AIM 3.2.8

I know it installed correctly because the Pop Ups for my buddy list are blue and say "Dead AIM" on them, but I can&#39;t figure out how to change things like transperancy and so on

Where are the Dead AIM options located
:huh:

straight talker
01-27-2005, 10:00 AM
please when neesing help try and add to a thread that is already started on the same subject ,ive not checked but im sure there would be one as this crops up quite regularly , check this link and towards the bottom of the page you will see a highlighted piece is there a manual for dead aim, hope this sorts your problem.

guest_Connie
02-11-2005, 04:34 PM
I tried to download the old version of DeadAIM. It downloaded onto my computer and i supposedly installed it as the program said i did. So then i launched AIM and it looks exactly the same as it did before and i can&#39;t find any DeadAIM options at all&#33; Can someone help me?

cuban_qt_kiki
04-08-2005, 10:55 PM
they said if i downloaded the old version i wouldnt need a serial number wheres the safest place to buy it?

KiKi
04-08-2005, 11:21 PM
we downloaded dead aim a LONG time ago i have no idea whta the serial number is or what email addy got used someone plzzzzz help

locustfurnace
04-09-2005, 02:02 AM
From the developers, ofcourse.

http://www.jdennis.net/

excaliber
05-19-2005, 02:27 PM
I&#39;m trying to download one of the older Deadaim versions, and the whole process works, then it asks for my e-mail and a serial number. Where is this serial number? It says that i can find it in an e-mail to my address. The problem is the first time i even enter my e-mail address is on the page that wants my serial number. The process won&#39;t continue without it. Does anyone know how to fix this?

racer034life
05-19-2005, 07:18 PM
I just download the old version of aim and Dead aim from this site. Know i cant get dead aim to work right. What needs to be done. Can some one point me in the right direction. Like what aim version should i be using and stuff like that.
thank you

locustfurnace
05-19-2005, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by excaliber@May 19 2005, 02:27 PM
Does anyone know how to fix this?
Go to the developers homepage and pay the fee asked for.

Randa
05-27-2005, 10:15 PM
I installed a version of DEAD AIM from the oldversion.com website; i went through the installation process until it completely downloaded. Then I tried to re-open AIM to see if it was working with dead aim now, but there was no difference. How do I get dead aim to start working???

THANKS&#33;

lahearn
06-02-2005, 10:21 PM
What serial number do I use if i just dl dead aim?

06-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by lahearn@Jun 2 2005, 10:21 PM
What serial number do I use if i just dl dead aim?
info for that serial number is in this thread http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...2&t=2696&st=105 (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=2696&st=105)

tireburner1975
08-17-2005, 06:34 PM
I wanted to know which versions of AIM are compatible with which versions of dead aim?

locustfurnace
08-17-2005, 07:40 PM
From searching a previous Dead AIM thread.

aim 4.8 is the highest that will work with any
free versions of dead aim

Your thread was merged, as you might find some relevant info in this thread.

jblick
09-01-2006, 11:10 PM
some body please help me...i downloaded dead aim , but i dont no what serial nuimber to put in so that it will work...HELP!!!

the gaffer
09-02-2006, 03:46 AM
some body please help me...i downloaded dead aim , but i dont no what serial nuimber to put in so that it will work...HELP!!!

wrong board,this should of been posted in the general board,i am not familiar with the app you are using ,but if you need a serial key then you will have to contact the developers of the program you are using.

khistenv
03-26-2007, 06:19 PM
I've recently had DeadAim from this site, and recently started acting up. I uninstalled then when I try to download off this site, I do not have access to some key?? Anyone having the same problems?

can u give me the site? my freind has it and says its great. i've tried to get it but i cant!:confused:

locustfurnace
03-26-2007, 08:59 PM
can u give me the site?
You are on the site. This just happens to be the forum, just go to http://www.oldversion.com for the DeadAIM files.