PDA

View Full Version : Overnet / Edonkey?

jez
08-17-2004, 05:18 AM
Could I ask why the very popular Overnet and eDonkey p2p clients are not available for download directly on oldversion.com? I'm not requesting links to old versions, just wondering why oldversion.com hasn't cached them. These are 2 of the most popular p2p clients, and given new versions' frequent bugginess, they would seem like pretty good candidates to have old versions of.

Jaime Andrés
08-17-2004, 04:04 PM
I'm sure the owners of oldversions actively consider which applications to make available on a regular basis.

However given the present difficulties with certain old versions of P2P applications, and from a personal point of view as a run-of-the-mill member, I would think they would very carefully consider adding more P2P applications especially given the time consuming dross in the way of pointless posts directed at this type of software.

08-18-2004, 05:07 PM
Originally posted by Jaime Andrés@Aug 17 2004, 04:04 PM
I'm sure the owners of oldversions actively consider which applications to make available on a regular basis.

However given the present difficulties with certain old versions of P2P applications, and from a personal point of view as a run-of-the-mill member, I would think they would very carefully consider adding more P2P applications especially given the time consuming dross in the way of pointless posts directed at this type of software.
very well said JAIMES perhaps they would not consider archiving more of what is already causing spamming and unpleasant post in the forums

jez
03-07-2006, 12:38 PM
I'd like to see older versions of eDonkey and Overnet on the main page of oldversion.com. I can get hold of them if I need, but I thnik they should be on the main page. You seem to have all the major P2P clients on there except the biggest of them all - eDonkey / Overnet!

the gaffer
03-08-2006, 02:25 AM
I'd like to see older versions of eDonkey and Overnet on the main page of oldversion.com. I can get hold of them if I need, but I thnik they should be on the main page. You seem to have all the major P2P clients on there except the biggest of them all - eDonkey / Overnet!
please use this board for making software requests as thats what is here for ,suggestions for the site would be far better addressed to the site admin or the be posted in the correct board.did you forget posting this http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2145 ,with regards to the p2p apps, perhaps they will not add any more at present considering the legalities regarding the use of such software and the spamming that it tends to attract,as in the heavy spamming and trolling posts that kazaa attracted to the site last year,not saying all p2p users are the same,but such threads seemed to attract abuse and argumentative content,such matters are far better suited at a filesharing forum,oldversion is not such a site and i dont think it ever will be.

locustfurnace
03-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Considering that the OP requested this back in 2004 and once again in 2006 and no action has been taken to add these titles. I would believe it's not going to happen.

OldVersion.com Admin
03-08-2006, 06:18 PM
Actually it will happen in the month of March. I apologize for the delays in updates, I actually have a bunch of eDonkey versions in queue to add, but bandwidth limitations keep us from doing that at the moment. We are currently actually in the process of moving our server and hopefully this will be completely finalized by Friday, whereas by then I can add loads of goodies.

I hope this clears everything up.