PDA

View Full Version : Internet Explorer Icon

slim
08-23-2004, 05:11 PM
Hi, this is not really a program request, but maybe someone can help me anyway..

I'm looking for the icon of IE; version 4.0 - 5.5 (v1-3 may also work).
So if someone has an old version of Internet Explorer installed, please e-mail me the file containing the IE icon (or a .bmp image of the icon, or something like that)..

The reason I don't install an old IE version myself is that it probably would mess up my computer..

my email: ffsffsffs@spray.se

Jim
08-23-2004, 05:58 PM
oh, i found it myself.. ..when i unrared some .exe and .cab files in IE4.7 thailand version installation file :P

i can say that it take some time locking around before you try browsing thailand versions of the program..
but what can i say.. i really needed that icon :D

locustfurnace
08-23-2004, 07:50 PM
Try using a resource editor and dig through the files on your system. Do you believe MS removed older icons from the software they patched? No, you can still find old win3.1 icons in several of the Win98 - ?? dll's, exes.
If you want to change an icon without doing the editor route, just click on the program you wish to change. Select property's and change icon, then look through many of the programs, such as user.exe, icons.dll for many older icons.