PDA

View Full Version : Submitting Files to Oldversion

Graywolf
02-26-2004, 04:47 PM
I just wondered if you received them, as my isp's email is a bit funky.
Among them we're Nero 4.0 and Getright 4. Anyways, just wondered if you had received them and if you planned on adding some of the items I'd sent it(No point in sending more if not :)
I also didn't know if your inbox could hold that much and how much i could safely send in at a time.

Please don't take this as a complaint im just curious as to whether I should keep sending you things,
and how much i can email you without filling your mailbox :D

Regards,
-Me

locustfurnace
02-26-2004, 05:07 PM
The Admins do receive every file sent, they can not personally reply back for every file received, as there is alot of traffic on this site, and alot of people do send in files.

I do not believe there is a limitation on filesizes for the inbox. The account is not one of those freebie's ya get with yahoo.

Goslow
02-27-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by locustfurnace@Feb 26 2004, 06:07 PM
I do not believe there is a limitation on filesizes for the inbox. I would like to have a pick through that inbox please.

seskanda
03-16-2004, 05:35 PM
I'd like to submit some old versions, but I don't know to do this?

locustfurnace
03-16-2004, 06:20 PM
submit@oldversion.com - to submit a file

Originally posted by Contribute@ http://www.oldversion.com/contribute.php

There are three ways to contribute to OldVersion.com.

Most people get to OldVersion.com by searching for an old version of some program and know old versions are hard to find. What you may not know is that we acquire most of the files that are listed here from contributions by our visitors. If you have any old installation files please contact us. Even if you have no use for some version, there are others out there who are desperately seeking it.

Broke as hell
03-18-2004, 02:17 PM
I want to submit Kazaa 2.6.0 as Kazaa/Sharman Networks released Kazaa 2.6.2.

I tried to send an email to submit@oldversion.com but all I get are errors... :blink:

locustfurnace
03-18-2004, 05:43 PM
Post the exact errors back into this thread so someone can help you out.
Alot of the times the files need to be zipped, then emailed, as sending an .exe will flag the virus protection.

Broke as Hell
03-19-2004, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by locustfurnace@Mar 18 2004, 06:43 PM
Post the exact errors back into this thread so someone can help you out.
Alot of the times the files need to be zipped, then emailed, as sending an .exe will flag the virus protection.
I got through, but I didn't attach the program. Do I have to attach the program? I already uploaded it somewhere, but I don't want to attach it seeing I have only a 56k modem.

Can I just link it?

locustfurnace
03-19-2004, 07:25 AM
I suppose you do not have to attach the file. If the admins want to add the file, then they can get it from the link you have provided.

Broke as Hell
03-21-2004, 08:07 AM
I sent them an email, they never got back to me, I guess they don't want it. :blink:

locustfurnace
03-21-2004, 08:16 AM
They receive too much email to personally reply back to each sender.

Originally posted by FAQS@ http://www.oldversion.com/contact.php
Unfortunately we cannot guarantee a response to every letter due to the overwhelming amount of mail that is received.

Broke as Hell
03-21-2004, 08:18 AM
ah.

seskanda
04-01-2004, 05:18 PM
I dunno where else to post this, but under the "Contacts" section of the "Help' menu in oldversion.com there's a email submit@oldversion.com that says "to submit a file." That's great, but how 'bout some more info on the matter. THX!

locustfurnace
04-01-2004, 07:02 PM
Under each board is a little description. For the OldVersion.com board it states "Broken links? Wrong information? Post any comments directly related to the web site."
This board would be for any comments regarding the actual website. The how to submit question you have, would go under there (moved there now), with the other threads of same topic.
Not sure what more info your wanting to know, but you can read through the older threads for a possible answer to your question.
Can start with this one
Can I Submit Old Versions? (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=2145)

topics merged

The Dude
04-09-2004, 06:47 PM
Yeah,OK.......Your Right http://www.webhostingtalk.com/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

The Dude :)

seskanda
04-13-2004, 02:19 PM
That's odd, I actually started the thread in this link, I guess the problem is that it's difficult to find my posts as they get lost real fast. THX for the link!!!!

locustfurnace
04-13-2004, 02:31 PM
Just because you post a thread in a board, does not mean it will stay on top of the heap, since this site is very active, alot of posts get pushed down extremely quickly. This is why its better when posters are members then they can easily find previous threads they posted.
You posted this message in a differnt board, and it was moved to the proper board (this one), thats another way threads get lost, is when someone posts they cant rem which board they posted it to, or they posted to an incorrect one.

Chris Wood
05-25-2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by seskanda+Mar 15 2004, 07:20 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (seskanda @ Mar 15 2004, 07:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>I&#39;d like to submit some old versions, but I don&#39;t know to do this?[/b]

[i]Originally posted by locustfurnace@Mar 16 2004, 07:20 PM
submit@oldversion.com - to submit a file
<!--QuoteBegin--Contribute@
http://www.oldversion.com/contribute.php (http://www.oldversion.com/contribute.php[/i) ]
There are three ways to contribute to OldVersion.com.

Most people get to OldVersion.com by searching for an old version of some program and know old versions are hard to find. What you may not know is that we acquire most of the files that are listed here from contributions by our visitors. If you have any old installation files please contact us. Even if you have no use for some version, there are others out there who are desperately seeking it.[/quote]

That answer is very vague - no wonder seskanda asked that question. The FAQ needs to address the following queries:

How should I submit a file? By sending an email attachment? What information do I need to send with the attachment? Should I send .exe files?
What kind of programs should I submit? Do you want old versions of games? What about DOS or win16 applications? I don&#39;t want to waste time sending you programs that you won&#39;t host.

Another helpful FAQ item:

What other sites are there that archive old versions?

Note that I know the answers to these questions, after reading a few threads on this forum, but the point of a FAQ is that people don&#39;t have to search through the forum for answers.

locustfurnace
05-25-2004, 12:57 PM
http://www.oldversion.com/faq.php

05-25-2004, 04:44 PM
must admit i was thinking the same thing, there is no exact saying how to supply material in the faq section and just dropping the link in there LF is a bit of a cop out to chris woods comment

Chris Wood
05-25-2004, 08:07 PM
Um, yeah. You didn&#39;t answer any of my questions.

locustfurnace
05-25-2004, 08:33 PM
Did you take the time to read the link your quoting? http://www.oldversion.com/contribute.php?
or did you just quote it without following the link?
If you had read that, you would have seen the "contact us" link, you click on that, and it would supply you with http://www.oldversion.com/contact.php - Gives on how to submit.
and the FAQ page is what they accept.

As for uploading what kind of programs, they have to be Windows shareware & freeware programs, as stated on the FAQ. this means no retail apps. Don&#39;t send any DOS or Win/16 files. Games are not hosted and probably will never be. These apps are well handled on Simtels archive, or had once been.
Just zip up the programs and email as per the contact page states.
If your sending apps that are not a variance on what&#39;s presently hosted, it may take a while before it is in the archive, so dont think that by sending Rambooster98.zip, that you will see it hosted the following day.

Goslow
05-27-2004, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by locustfurnace@ May 25 2004, 08:33 PM
Just zip up the programsThis important point maybe missing from FAQs unless I&#39;m missing something and its a real pain to find out the hard way with mail limits or slow connex that your file extension is unacceptable.

locustfurnace
05-27-2004, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Goslow+May 27 2004, 01:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Goslow @ May 27 2004, 01:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--locustfurnace@ May 25 2004, 08:33 PM
Just zip up the programsThis important point maybe missing from FAQs unless I&#39;m missing something and its a real pain to find out the hard way with mail limits or slow connex that your file extension is unacceptable. [/b][/quote]
I do not know if the file extension is an issue, but I would zip it for the benefit of the sender, by zipping the file you might save yourself alittle uploading time.
Whenever I submit programs, I include a submisison ticket, to make it easier for the owners to see exactly what is being sent. So since I am sending a binary + text file, it makes sense to zip it.

Goslow
06-15-2004, 12:01 AM
I would also like to know whether split files are worth sending - renamed to some acceptable file extn <.zip> of course.

locustfurnace
06-15-2004, 01:33 AM
What do you mean split files? Large exe&#39;s chopped into segments? Like those from programs such as axman or hjsplit? Or loose files with no installer? If those, just zip em up. Alot of files do not come with standard installer containers.

Goslow
06-18-2004, 12:58 AM
Yes,files split with a utility be they exe, zips, or whatever extn.
however minced might be a better word as any file from me will be chunked small

locustfurnace
06-18-2004, 01:15 AM
I cant say how the owners would feel, get yourself a yahoo email account, they just upped the mailbox size to 100megs, and upped the size of file attachments to 10megs.

Getting back to the subject.
If the file is split without some proprietary software&#39;s extension, the file can be joined without any special programs, just make use of DOS or a batch file and use the COPY command with the /b switch.
So if you have 10 files, named part001, part002, part003, just combine them via DOS with
copy /B part001+part002+part003 output-NEWfile

This concat&#39;s the split files into a single file.
This also works if you want to make mp3 albums.
Take a bunch of mp3&#39;s. and do the same, this will link each mp3 together, and you&#39;ll end up with a single file, with all the songs chained together. Works best with ogg files, since they are still searchable, while mp3&#39;s just play linear.

Tokar
06-20-2004, 12:23 PM
I really don&#39;t like using the email method.

Ive sent a few versions of DeadAIM TWICE and they were picked up enither time.

I think that a public upload-only ftp would be a great way to contribute old versions of software.

locustfurnace
06-20-2004, 01:13 PM
Just because you email files, does not mean they land on the site immediately.
I sent many programs in over a year ago, and they never made it on the main site.
Out of the dozens I have sent, I believe 1 did land in the list.

Don&#39;t be discouraged into sending in files, I do not know what Ablix or Igor have planned for the future.

Jaime Andrés
06-20-2004, 03:56 PM
Originally posted by locustfurnace@Jun 20 2004, 07:13 PM
I do not know what Ablix or Igor have planned for the future.
I very much hope that you will be included in the scheme of things to come ?

locustfurnace
06-20-2004, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by Jaime Andrés@Jun 20 2004, 03:56 PM
I very much hope that you will be included in the scheme of things to come ?
Thanks, as you are aware, I am not responsible for this site. I am just a member like yourself.

07-18-2004, 01:26 PM
Hi locustfurnace &#33;

I send and submit of zone alarm 3.7.202.000 the free version it was in a zip file to submit@oldversion.com on the 30/06/2004
i can`t see on your website ?

Why do you have an email call submit@oldversion.com if you don`t post the new submit on you site ?

Or shall you first ask the vendor http://www.zonelabs.com or even http://www.chechpoint.com ?

Please answer my quistion if you don`t i can see why i shut submit any old software to you my mail ?

locustfurnace
07-18-2004, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by Guest+Jul 18 2004, 01:26 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Jul 18 2004, 01:26 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i can`t see on your website ?

Please answer my quistion if you don`t i can see why i shut submit any old software to you my mail ?[/b]

Please refer to the postings made by myself prior in this thread for an answer. I do not run this site, I am just the moderator of the forum.

<!--QuoteBegin--locustfurnace@Jun 20 2004, 01:13 PM
I sent many programs in over a year ago, and they never made it on the main site.

Don&#39;t be discouraged into sending in files, I do not know what Ablix or Igor have planned for the future.[/quote]

08-27-2004, 04:48 PM
Hi&#33;

I have some great programs I like to submit.

Popup killer-the original, it still works with Win XP although they cancel the updates years ago.
Macromedia Flash 5.0, I still use it, cant adopt to MX.
And a bunch more....

I need an FTP address to upload, I cant mail them, aprox 50MB files.

I am to lazy to check back to this forum in the near future, but If you like the apps you can mail me at mindgem5@hotmail.com and I will upload em to ya.

BugMeNot
09-19-2004, 02:53 PM
Hallo, I have 4 old versions of this cool email client, Incredimail, but in my language: Italian. The versions are precisely the 1180, 1324, 1361, 1579 plus the actual 1609. I tried to tell them by mail (submit@oldversions.com), but they haven&#39;t ever answered me. So do you think these files can be uploaded to be shared with everyone (and if yes, how?) or not?

09-19-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by BugMeNot@Sep 19 2004, 02:53 PM
Hallo, I have 4 old versions of this cool email client, Incredimail, but in my language: Italian. The versions are precisely the 1180, 1324, 1361, 1579 plus the actual 1609. I tried to tell them by mail (submit@oldversions.com), but they haven&#39;t ever answered me. So do you think these files can be uploaded to be shared with everyone (and if yes, how?) or not?
read the whole of this thread buddy, the answers to your queries are already there

straight talker
10-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by m1t0s1s@Oct 12 2004, 07:49 AM
I&#39;ve emailed the contribute address, but never got a response. I have some good stuff to contribute, like ACDSee 1.0 32-bit. The fastest image viewer ever.
you can obviously read or you wouldnt be able to write , so slow down a bit and take the time to search and read some past postings ,had you done this you would of seen this thread a little way down the board
http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=5&t=2959 (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=5&t=2959) 3 pages on the same subject

Blu
10-21-2004, 02:25 PM
Hello,
Please don&#39;t yell at me if this was posted before. This isn&#39;t actually a request, but a suggestion: I myself have some old versions of various programs, but my 56k modem stops me from submitting it all. So, it would be great if you had some kind of "most wanted" and especially a "coming soon" list so that users wouldn&#39;t submit programs that have allready been mailed to you.

PS. Love this site&#33;
Keep up the good work.. B)

Goslow
10-23-2004, 05:29 AM
Yes it would be nice to know whats required and whats received but that is likely a big task sorting out the submitted files, personally I dont bother just submit them to the forum and admin can grab them like everyone else, and its up immediately (relatively speaking ;-) .However dont let me put you off you may use a large pipe you can pour it through, for me its a waste of traffic.Then again O.V.coms mailbox is prolly like a museums basement no one knows whats down there but hopefully its safe.
"most wanted" I would have to say applications that start with a k&#33; but keep an eye on the forums everyone wants something for something.

Here is a free file host that is sensible enough to not bother with requiring registration
<s>http://www.upload4free.com/</s> (http://www.upload4free.com/) support it and it may serve us

Yes the good work is done by those that love it.

b.t.w. I am unsure what volume is at your end :unsure: ;)
edit:strike that upload site prolly terminal

MaybeIwillsubmit
11-01-2004, 09:48 AM
Quesition: email is not that good protocol to submit files, why not open an FTP account? much easier/faster/safer.

I still remeber the old BBS days, email is NOT a replacement to FTP.

LRI41
11-18-2004, 05:02 PM
locustfurnace

Sorry to be such a nuisance, but you are much more sophistcated.

Yours posted seem to indicate that if I click on the Link in your post,
I will be directed to the reason that the two versions of End It All that
I submitted to this Website do not appear:

"Nov 16 2004, 12:33 AM

QUOTE (LRI41 @ Nov 15 2004, 09:25 PM)
Within the last week or 10 days I submitted to Old Versions
both Version I and Version II of End It All, but I haven&#39;t seen in on the Board

About submitting files to Oldversion.com, You can read the existing thread on this topic here.

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=5&t=2959 "

"Posted: Nov 16 2004, 10:08 PM
QUOTE (LRI41 @ Nov 16 2004, 05:02 PM)
About submitting files to Oldversion.com, You can read the existing thread on this topic here.

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...t=ST&f=5&t=2959

Not sure what this has to do with either "My Post" or the orgianal
Request looking for End It ALL.

fact that I have also submitted Version 6 of Ad-Aware which is no longer the current version since SE is as well as "Super Format" which allows a more kbs on a Floppy, but this doesn&#39;t work with XP or NTFS .
and like the End It Alls no posting on the Board. So I guess I have to wonder whether I should go to any further trouble to submit programs which I think may be valuable to others or just furnish them to Witts End.

The reason i posted the link, was so you could read it, and see the reasons why the files has not appeared on the site. This is related to the question you posted about your files, not to the original."

But when I click on them all I get is:

Programs
Discuss any software listed on OldVersion.com.
Forum Led by: locustfurnace 491 2580 Nov 18 2004, 05:17 PM
In: What File Sharing Program I...
By: leave_me_alone_0001
Requests
Request old versions that are not available at OldVersion.com.
Forum Led by: locustfurnace 1420 4555 Nov 18 2004, 02:17 AM
In: Timeline Maker
By: Goslow
OldVersion.com
Broken links? Wrong information? Post any comments directly related to the web site.
Forum Led by: locustfurnace 189 695 Nov 10 2004, 02:34 PM
In: Thank You Oldversion.com
By: Trancelover

locustfurnace
11-18-2004, 07:05 PM
If your sending apps that are not a variance on what&#39;s presently hosted, it may take a while before it is in the archive, so dont think that by sending somefile.zip, that you will see it hosted the following day.

Don&#39;t be discouraged into sending in files, I do not know what Ablix or Igor have planned for the future.

Jaime Andrés
11-18-2004, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by locustfurnace@Nov 19 2004, 03:05 AM

Commenting purely as an average member with no significant input into providing this board with links to old versions of software it would seem that there is a core of dedicated members and a moderator who provide a tireless service to all and sundry who request help with obtaining old versions of software.
Logging on daily to the site I notice that occasionally one of the two admin are present but do not seem to give any direction as to how the site should progress, and any posts specifically addressed for their attention pass without comment.
It would seem that the moderator and a handful of members are carrying this site with little support from the administration.

I would invite the administrators to comment on any future plans and to address any frustrated &#39;&#39;would be&#39;&#39; contributors to old versions.
Perhaps a daily/weekly/fortnightly/monthly dialogue would be helpful to relate to the membership ?

OldVersion.com Admin
11-18-2004, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Jaime Andrés+Nov 18 2004, 09:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Jaime Andrés @ Nov 18 2004, 09:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--locustfurnace@Nov 19 2004, 03:05 AM

Commenting purely as an average member with no significant input into providing this board with links to old versions of software it would seem that there is a core of dedicated members and a moderator who provide a tireless service to all and sundry who request help with obtaining old versions of software.
Logging on daily to the site I notice that occasionally one of the two admin are present but do not seem to give any direction as to how the site should progress, and any posts specifically addressed for their attention pass without comment.
It would seem that the moderator and a handful of members are carrying this site with little support from the administration.

I would invite the administrators to comment on any future plans and to address any frustrated &#39;&#39;would be&#39;&#39; contributors to old versions.
Perhaps a daily/weekly/fortnightly/monthly dialogue would be helpful to relate to the membership ? [/b][/quote]
Believe it or not, we are busy people. Some administrators attend college, and together we work &#39;under-wraps&#39; on various projects to eventually improve OldVersion.com.

We think about the big picture, your contributions rarely get lost; they are all archived and are useful to us in one way or another. This forum is a community. The whole purpose of the forum is for our visitors to communicate with each other, and a few lead contributors help out with requests, technical support, and everything.

We get an unimaginable amount of email for tech support, and have a handful of legal issues that need to be addressed.

I&#39;m sorry if you don&#39;t think we are working on the very own site which we created, but we very much are. Keep checking back, and sometime in the near future you shall, perhaps notice a significant change on our page.

You shouldn&#39;t post specific questions addressed to us publicly on a message board. If you have specific questions for us, email us. I&#39;ll reiterate the fact that this board is a community made by you, not us. Locust does a great job of keeping things together, and overall we are extremely satisfied to the work he puts in to improve the forums. It definitely does not go unappreciated or un noticed.

Jaime Andrés
11-20-2004, 02:28 PM
Thanks Alex for your response which was all that was needed.

VampYre
12-21-2004, 08:12 PM
Going thru some older cdr&#39;s that I have all my older install files on, and ran across serveral that are not listed on the site. Seeing how some files are larger than 5 megs, what would be the approiate way to send them in? Email might not work from this side.

Surkow
03-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Hello,

I&#39;ve send a almost a year ago a beta version of WinAmp to this website (WinAmp 3.0 Beta 3 days (02/08/02) build #466). This version is quite different from the normal 3.0 version of WinAmp. So I would like to know if I didn&#39;t send it properly to the email address of this website or if it&#39;s not important enough to put it on the website.

Steve Haney
04-22-2005, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by Broke as hell@Mar 18 2004, 03:17 PM
I want to submit Kazaa 2.6.0 as Kazaa/Sharman Networks released Kazaa 2.6.2.

I tried to send an email to submit@oldversion.com but all I get are errors... :blink:
I get errors also. Emails to submit@oldversion.com get bounced (even blank ones). Emails to support@oldversion.com go through OK.

Here is the error message at my end:

The following recipient(s) could not be reached:

submit@oldversion.com on 4/22/2005 1:44 PM
The message cannot be delivered due to a configuration error on the server. Please contact your Administrator.
< oldversion.com #5.3.0 X-Unix; 73>

Any other address I can use?

Steve Haney

rsrikanth05
07-13-2005, 06:26 AM
I have the original Gnutella client so you could put it up here.
Email me at rsrikanth05@gmail.com or Contact me (http://www.phpbbforfree.com/forums/profile.php?mode=email&u=2&mforum=savep2p)

IvanX
07-21-2005, 11:09 AM
Well, I&#39;ve really done my due diligence in trying to figure out how to contribute software: I&#39;ve looked in Contribute, found the Contact Us link for submitting software, learned that there&#39;s no email contact at the moment and I should look at the forums.

There I found no dedicated forum or thread for people who want to contribute software, so I have read this and other threads and have concluded there&#39;s no obvious place to do so. I understand the admins are busy and fully respect that, but as a potential contributor it feels a bit difficult to contribute&#33; What is the next step? How do I contribute software?

OldVersion.com Admin
07-21-2005, 11:27 AM
I sincerely apologize. Give us a week to set up an FTP for users to upload files.

IvanX
07-21-2005, 06:29 PM
That&#39;d be great&#33; I look forward to it. Thanks for your quick response.

BugMeNot
09-26-2005, 06:21 AM
So is the FTP server already up and what's the address? I wasn't able to find it on the site.

Allied
10-13-2005, 03:52 PM
Sept 29th I sent an email to ov@oldversion.com
Attached was the first Gnutella client. In the email I said no reply necessary. I'd like to take that back if I can.

Over on Slyck.com I've got a sticky listing dead filesharing sites and programs.
http://www.slyck.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11491&start=0
Most of the dead programs have a link to a page here on old version(i also thank ov at the bottom of the first post). You guys didn't have Gnutella, so I emailed the program to you hoping that you'd add it and give me a download link to use on Slyck.

So are you guys busy or is there a reason you don't want it up?

I know AOL hates the program. Technically its still their property and they could cause some legal troubles. The program is banned by modern Gnutella clients. But you can still share files if you type in the ip of another user.

locustfurnace
10-18-2005, 06:09 AM
So are you guys busy or is there a reason you don't want it up?

Not all programs submitted will end up on the site immediately. Most programs which are added are of the favored apps.
Don't be discouraged in sending files in though.

jean2
08-18-2007, 12:54 AM
Hi,

First, let me thank you for your site, it's a great resource !

I'm a regular user of Shutterfly, a web photo printing service.
http://www.shutterfly.com
They offer a FREE software to batch upload pictures to their site. The software is free because you need an account.
http://www.shutterfly.com/studio/overviews.jsp
Obviously, the latest version of their software, called ShutterflyStudio, requires WindowsXP. One of the old version, called ShutterflySmartUpload22, works perfectly on Windows 2000, and before that was working perfectly on Windows 98 SE. I also have a more recent version called ShutterflyExpress30. Both are around 3MB.
I guess that those version my interest various people, for example me if I have to rebuild my HDD ;-)

Please tell me how to contribute those...

Jean

OldVersion.com Admin
08-28-2007, 01:43 AM
Sorry I've been busy and fell behind on the file adding! I'm trying to catch up now, but soon there will be a new system in place which will allow you to sign up and contribute files, as well as give you proper credit for the files. I am trying to develop a system for this, but things are progressing slowly. I am trying to speed everything up. Be patient guys, soon the files + community will grow really really fast!

loophole77
10-18-2007, 04:11 PM
How can I? Let me know. Thanks.

Christopher
11-21-2007, 10:21 AM
I have Windows Uptime 1.5 and 1.6 from Rundegren.com (long since gone), and I'd like to contribute them to OV. They're freeware and I have the installers here, so what's the quickest way to get them up on here - just upload them to my webspace and link them in this thread FAO the site admins?

Cheers
Christopher

domates_suyu
11-30-2007, 04:52 PM
Hi,

I have several old programs for those who are looking for them.

Here's the list:

Internet Explorer 5.0

Norton AntiVirus 5.0 for Windows

Opera 3.60

Netscape Communicator 4.60

mIRC 5.6

Windows Netmeeting 3.01

PIRCH98 IRC client

Microsoft V-Chat 2.0

ICQ 99b build 2569

Cute FTP 3.5

Getright 4.1

Bullet Proof FTP

DFX 1.0

Real Player G2

Spinner Plus

Winamp 2.5 Full

XingMPEG Player

ACDSee 32

Acrobat Redar 4.0

Winzip 7.0

Let me know if you want any of them. I can also give them to this site to be published.

Constance
12-01-2007, 07:38 AM
I think most of them are already here, and some will probably never be...

the gaffer
12-02-2007, 12:29 AM
Hi,

I have several old programs for those who are looking for them.

Here's the list:

Internet Explorer 5.0

Norton AntiVirus 5.0 for Windows

Opera 3.60

Netscape Communicator 4.60

mIRC 5.6

Windows Netmeeting 3.01

PIRCH98 IRC client

Microsoft V-Chat 2.0

ICQ 99b build 2569

Cute FTP 3.5

Getright 4.1

Bullet Proof FTP

DFX 1.0

Real Player G2

Spinner Plus

Winamp 2.5 Full

XingMPEG Player

ACDSee 32

Acrobat Redar 4.0

Winzip 7.0

Let me know if you want any of them. I can also give them to this site to be published.

hi there indeed a fair quantity of those are already archived at oldversion but all contributions are always greatly appreciated and you will find details in this thread of how to send them in,all things sent in do not hit the site straight away some maybe never will but feel free to contribute it is greatly appreciated by the site owners.

toby7
07-18-2008, 05:10 PM
Where is the UPLOAD page? I can't seem to find it. :confused:

toby

Zenki05
08-06-2008, 03:51 AM
I also have some files to submit from flyupload.com (http://www.flyupload.com). Can we just post the link here instead of emailing them?

Thanks

andrewwan1980
10-15-2008, 06:06 AM
I tried to contribute by sending an email to ov@oldversion.com but it just bounced back my email saying the address doesn't exist.

I really don't want to keep these old versions... and like to contribute/upload... in case in future I decide I want to try the old version again... etc.

dcpaq2
05-03-2009, 12:41 PM
Hello Administrator,

I sent you an email about a week ago that I have not received a reply to yet. I have some files that I would like to submit, share with you and the site but need to communicate with you before i am able to get them to you because of their size.

Please contact me off the board directly when you can.

Thanks much

Doug

the gaffer
05-03-2009, 03:40 PM
Hi Dcpaq2 thanks for contacting oldversion. Im sure they will get back to you in due course,the site owners do get very very busy and things can take time but rest assured they will not ignore you.In the meantime i have moved your post to this existing thread with pointers on sending in files,I hope it helps.all the best and enjoy the forums.

WindWalkerX
02-01-2010, 12:51 AM
I've got some old demos that have been requested, but aren't on any site I can find. I don't see anything in the rules about uploading the files to something like box.net and posting it.
Where would this fall?

Adding forum attachments would be nicer of course.

Goslow
02-01-2010, 06:05 AM
I've got some old demos that have been requested, but aren't on any site I can find. I don't see anything in the rules about uploading the files to something like box.net and posting it.
Where would this fall?
Adding forum attachments would be nicer of course.It wont be a problem if its shareware trials freeware demos, the owners have been promising us an easy way to upload files for a long time, so I wouldn't hold my breath for that to happen!, I guess drinking beer & chasing girls is more important. Hey you wont get no argument from me about that.

P.S. unless your that guy I saw riding a bike underwater holding his breath for seven & half minutes or so!!!

coolnice
05-10-2010, 02:12 AM

strvng2
10-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Point me to a wsx file please, the search will not locate one.

UWFreddy
12-05-2011, 10:23 AM
dell plz . (http://50centlyricsindaclub.info)

Safiraya
12-11-2011, 07:20 AM
http://zopzop.ru/images_20.gifhttp://zopzop.ru/images_20.gifhttp://zopzop.ru/images_20.gif