PDA

View Full Version : What Programs Have Absolutely No Adware.

09-28-2004, 09:11 PM
What programs have absolutely no adware. I dont care as much about file security as i can reformat if something goes wrong. I just dont want to be able to surf the net without getting lite up by pop ups. I was thinkin about getting a bittorrent app and just using suprnova.

RickyDee
09-28-2004, 09:52 PM
How about linux !?!

locustfurnace
09-29-2004, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Guest+Sep 28 2004, 09:11 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Sep 28 2004, 09:11 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>What programs have absolutely no adware. [/b]
Many apps, more than others are ad free. Your question is wild and vague. You&#39;d need to atleast be more specific to what sort of app your inquiring about.

Originally posted by -Guest@Sep 28 2004, 09:11 PM
I just dont want to be able to surf the net without getting lite up by pop ups.

Use Firefox or SlimBrowser, no pop-ups. Or, disable javascripting globally and you wont have pop-up issues.

Originally posted by -Guest@Sep 28 2004, 09:11 PM
I was thinkin about getting a bittorrent app and just using suprnova.

Is your entire posting dealing with p2p apps? This is not a p2p forum, many apps are hosted here and discussed. So if this is a p2p question, then you should have narrowed down your question.

<!--QuoteBegin--RickyDee@Sep 28 2004, 09:52 PM
How about linux &#33;?&#33;[/quote]
Gnu/Linux is not a program. It is an Operating System. Most GNU apps are indeed ad free.

straight talker
09-29-2004, 03:27 AM
Does BitTorrent contain spyware or adware?
No, BitTorrent contains no spyware, adware, or any other kind of -ware.

Some warez sites are distributing spyware-wrapped versions of the BitTorrent installer, be careful where you get it from, you may want to check out http://www.p2pzone.com/ for p2p advice , as for pop ups, search the forums for pop up blockers as there has been many threads on the subject unless as stated you wish to use an alternative browser