PDA

View Full Version : Help on Old Dos Program

DOS User Extrodinaire!
11-17-2004, 01:09 PM
Hello,

I use an old DOS program and need to have the user name changed. The program is about 14 years old and I don't have the registration code to change the user name.

The program is a teacher's grade book.

I tried to get in touch with the author, but he's not around anymore.

Does anyone know of a friendly DOS hacker who could change the user name for me?

Thanks

DOS User Extrodinaire!
11-17-2004, 01:09 PM
BTW, you can reach me at bus_inst@hotmail.com - thanks

Jaime Andrés
11-17-2004, 04:42 PM
1. Hacking is acceptable.
2. Cracking is not usually an accepted issue on this board as the term suggests an illegal method to obtain legitimate software.
3. The title of the software is not mentioned.
4. Contact can only be supported by registering.

locustfurnace
11-17-2004, 05:03 PM
You say it is a teachers grade book, was this from a school district? or something you purchased or found?
If you can supply more in depth info on the program, such as the name of it, who created the title, the version of the title and what exactly it does, it is possible an alternative or even a freeware title may be found.

If the program does not function without changing the user name, then you need to purchase a license (registration code) for the title. It would be illegal to use a license you have not been granted or paid for.
If you are trying to bypass a restriction on the title that you have no license for, then this thread will be closed.
This is not a site that condones or uses illegal tactics on software.