PDA

View Full Version : Trying To Get Past Copyright Laws

ttam
01-07-2005, 12:21 AM
Hi. I don't know much about burning CD's and what not. But i want to burn a copy of my friends burnt copy of Windows XP. When i try to make a copy (or image) it fails because it says it's copyrighted. What program can I use and what version? I know that there were a bunch of German made programs, like nero, that didn't abide by copyright laws. But laws in Germany don't allow it anymore. If someone could help me out, or just give me a link that I can read up on that would be great.

I also have a second question. I rip DVD's onto my computer sometimes. Every so often i come accross a DVD that just won't rip properly, the sound is in like chunks when I convert it to a .avi (using DivX codec or any other codec). If i try to sync the audio with the video, the video is choppy. If anyone knows why this happens or how i can get around that, that would be awesome. Thanks a lot!

ttam

{KLITEUSER#43™}
01-07-2005, 01:06 AM
DOWNLOAD CLONECD™ -------->AND BURN IT USING THAT....IM 100% SURE IT WILL WORK BECAUSE I USED IT TO BURN WINDOWS XP PRO. AND EVERTHING WORK...NOW IM SELLING XP PRO COPIES AT COLLEGE FOR A COUPLE BUCKS :D

straight talker
01-07-2005, 04:15 PM
a far better option and also legal would be to buy a genuine copy from www.ebay.com that is licenced and unused they are so cheap it is not worth messing about with an illegal copy.

David
01-29-2005, 03:49 PM
dont forget one u install it on there comp u need a key dont you ? also my father did the same thing u are doing but he did it for us seens we hav a bunch of computers on 1 network we all use the same key so mybe it will work with ur key but with out key # u will need to get 1 in 30 days :ph34r:

01-29-2005, 04:43 PM
* Piracy
* Microsoft Corp

Aiming to crack down on counterfeit software, Microsoft plans later this year to require customers to verify that their copy of Windows is genuine before downloading security patches and other add-ons to the operating system.

Since last fall the company has been testing a tool that can check whether a particular version of Windows is legitimate, but until now the checks have been voluntary. Starting Feb. 7, the verification will be mandatory for many downloads for people in three countries: China, Norway and the Czech Republic.

In those countries, people whose copies are found not to be legitimate can get a discount on a genuine copy of Windows, though the price varies from $10 to $150 depending on the country.

By the middle of this year, Microsoft will make the verification mandatory in all countries for both add-on features to Windows as well as for all OS updates, including security patches. Microsoft will continue to allow all people to get Windows updates by turning on the Automatic Update feature within Windows. By doing so, Microsoft hopes it has struck a balance between promoting security and ensuring that people buy genuine versions of Windows.

"We think that the best foundation for the most secure system is genuine software," said David Lazar, director of the Genuine Windows program at Microsoft. "We want to urge all of our customers to use genuine software. (At the same time), we want to make sure that we don't do anything to reduce the likelihood that a user will keep their system up to date."

The program, known as Windows Genuine Advantage, also offers perks to those who verify their copy of Windows. Those who do can get free software as well as discounts on other Microsoft products and services. Microsoft is upping the ante a bit, adding some additional discounts on MSN Games as well as on the company's recently announced Outlook Live subscription service to the existing list of benefits, which includes free access to the company's Photo Story 3 program.

Customers do appear to be interested in double-checking the status of their operating system. Some 8 million people have been asked to participate in the program since testing began, and more than 5 million have taken part.

And those numbers have come with very little recruiting on the part of Microsoft, Lazar said.

"More and more we will be marketing the offers to broaden the participation," he said. "People do like free stuff."

Piracy is a major problem for Microsoft and others in the software industry.

Mardus
02-10-2005, 02:10 PM
If they have a new computer, give them Knoppix or some other easy-to-use Linux distribution.

Sick Bird
02-11-2005, 04:12 AM
Originally posted by straight talker@Jan 7 2005, 05:15 PM
a far better option and also legal would be to buy a genuine copy from www.ebay.com that is licenced and unused they are so cheap it is not worth messing about with an illegal copy.

um don't you mean from like www.microsoft.com or perhaps a computer retailer like office depot or somewhere?

I wouldn't call ebay genuine personally...and there are some retailer that sell them cheap

you could also buy or get a "lite" version from www.litepc.com ^_^

straight talker
02-11-2005, 05:48 AM
Originally posted by Sick Bird@Feb 11 2005, 05:12 AM
[

um don't you mean from like www.microsoft.com or perhaps a computer retailer like office depot or somewhere?

I wouldn't call ebay genuine personally...and there are some retailer that sell them cheap

i pointed to www.ebay.com purely because cheaper retailers do not sell at such low prices as can be found on ebay, many powersellers regularly sell shop clearence and bankrupt shop stock hence there is no reserve prices ,if your opinion is its not genuine thats fine, but you should give at least a reason why,if it is for sale genuine new sealed retail packaging then i see no problem and have purchased many items myself,i didnt suggest buying a used disc with the sticker stuck on a piece of paper or similar type of items, anyone with half a brain cell would know thats not any good as the licence has already been used most likely on umpteen computers before being sold.

Derek
03-08-2005, 11:48 AM
removed ;) use a legit key to install and microsuck will have no clue whether your legit or not.. you dont have to activate your copy with this. :)

aladdinnas
03-11-2005, 10:47 PM
Originally posted by {KLITEUSER#43™}@Jan 7 2005, 02:06 AM
DOWNLOAD CLONECD™ -------->AND BURN IT USING THAT....IM 100% SURE IT WILL WORK BECAUSE I USED IT TO BURN WINDOWS XP PRO. AND EVERTHING WORK...NOW IM SELLING XP PRO COPIES AT COLLEGE FOR A COUPLE BUCKS :D
thanks, this will come in handy

corvettecrzy
04-03-2005, 03:37 AM
Hey, I've been burning dvd movies for couple years....this is what I use............"DVDSHRINK"..........I use NERO demo to burn......some new SONY movies you need decripter..as in.. DVDdecripter......you can find them with google.,,,.next try dvd live concerts...........have fun........I do.......lol

sorell
04-25-2005, 05:37 AM
hy my name is sorell, im from roumania. i have a problem.my OS in win98, and i can't used my cdrw because he want a old version of nero.i get one bat i have not a serial number, samebody can get my a serial number

04-25-2005, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by sorell@Apr 25 2005, 05:37 AM
hy my name is sorell, im from roumania. i have a problem.my OS in win98, and i can't used my cdrw because he want a old version of nero.i get one bat i have not a serial number, samebody can get my a serial number
no problem my friend get your serial number from here http://www.nero.com/eng/Contact.html

05-10-2005, 04:15 PM
CloneCD is the best CD Copier out there, it has a simple interface and it does it's job well, it is better than Nero at it's task, in fact I use it way more often than Nero. A good companion is CloneDVD2 it's the same as CloneCD but for DVDs.

05-17-2005, 02:38 PM
:ph34r: Can any one get me a product key # for microsoft office 2003? :rolleyes:

locustfurnace
05-17-2005, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Guest@May 17 2005, 02:38 PM
:ph34r: Can any one get me a product key # for microsoft office 2003? :rolleyes:

Have fun! (http://search.ebay.com/microsoft-office_W0QQfkrZ1QQfromZR8)

bobdogg
06-13-2005, 07:56 AM
there is a way to get around microsoft's stingyness
ever hear of xpkey

the gaffer
06-13-2005, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by bobdogg@Jun 13 2005, 07:56 AM
there is a way to get around microsoft's stingyness
ever hear of
i dont think its called stingyness,i believe it is known as product purchasing, dont bother promoting illegal stuff its not necessary as there are freeware alternatives if you dont want to purchase microsoft products,any info on illegal stuff will only be removed so dont waste your time.

OldVersion.com Admin
06-13-2005, 11:24 AM
Too much side tracking in this thread. No illegal requests on our public forums.