PDA

View Full Version : Backing up DVD's

maxidrom11
01-09-2005, 04:33 PM
Alright, i was wondering when i back-up dvd's onto my harddrive and then i want to burn the dvd again do i have to go through the whole dvd-shrink process again even though its already on my hard drive. if i use nero to do it what do i click on because when i tried doing it it had to folder one: VIDEO_TS and another one: AUDIO_TS and i don't dont what specific files go where so would i just leave them there and not put them in those 2 folders or is their a complete different process to go through..? :(

straight talker
01-10-2005, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by maxidrom11@Jan 9 2005, 05:33 PM
Alright, i was wondering when i back-up dvd's onto my harddrive and then i want to burn the dvd again do i have to go through the whole dvd-shrink process again even though its already on my hard drive. if i use nero to do it what do i click on because when i tried doing it it had to folder one: VIDEO_TS and another one: AUDIO_TS and i don't dont what specific files go where so would i just leave them there and not put them in those 2 folders or is their a complete different process to go through..? :(
why did you start another thread on this subject,you could of added this to your other post about burning divx files. i think what you are trying to do is rip dvd files and burn them to cdr. in which case you will be using a program such as dvd ripper, try as i said in your other thread and do a little research, most programs dvd ripper included have real good help files and give quite detailed info on how to use them, although many do not even think to read through them.

maxidrom11
01-12-2005, 03:37 PM
I am sure I can track two threads ;) for answers

locustfurnace
01-12-2005, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by maxidrom11@Jan 12 2005, 04:37 PM
I am sure I can track two threads ;) for answers
Maybe so, but the aim of straight_talkers reply is not questioning whether you can or cant, but why start another thread on this board when one already exists - if one does. That goal is to make this site much more uniform in its threads, keeping like posts all together. Making topics far easier to search. I've been on forums where each day the same topic gets started in a new thread, some good info exists scattered across many dozen topics, which makes it almost impossible to track.

The WWW is a fine example of lots of great info, but locating exactly what one wants is sometimes difficult. If more of the info was better indexed or added to existing sites which contain info of a similar nature, it might be much more manageable.

So on this forum, it is strongly encouraged that people post in existing threads, and do not start new ones if one has already been created.

maxidrom11
01-16-2005, 10:39 AM
Question: have used dvd decrypter to rip one VTS file to my harddisk. Would now like to capture just 1 minute in the middle of this file. Can I do this with DVD shrink, or do I need another program (have not installed shrink yet)

locustfurnace
01-16-2005, 11:26 AM
I hope you mean a VTS VOB file. If you search around you should be able to find something that can handle vob files. Just do a search for vob splicers, splitters or cutters.

maxidrom11
01-18-2005, 02:31 PM
Hi All: I bought the new release Friday Night Lights today and want to burn a copy for my daughter and am having the same problem I had with Little Black Book, so I followed the same instructions using dvd decryper first and it completed okay but when i go to dvd shrink open the file where dvd decrypter put it, it starts shrinking for about 2min. then I get the error rogramming Error - Exception Occurred, does anyone know what is going on. Help Please!! I am using the newest version of decrypter and shrink.

locustfurnace
01-18-2005, 03:08 PM
No need to start a new thread for each related question you have. The last message about DVD shrink was merged into this existing thread. Plus, since I noticed you had another 3rd posting which contained the same related question, it too was merged.
Just so you know, it's best to post into existing threads, when your asking related questions. If you don't, those threads will be merged eventually.

maxidrom11
01-29-2005, 04:47 PM
I was wondering if someone could help. I have an Ixus 40 that can take 640 x 480 video at 30 fps. It's saved as an AVI file to the flash and I believe that it is encoded as MJPEG. As you may be able to guess, the files are not small. A minute or so of video is 40MB.

My question is, what can I use to turn a MJPEG AVI into something that is more compressed ( i.e. MPEG 2 or DIVX or some other more memory efficient codec ).

Thanks for any help.

straight talker
01-29-2005, 04:55 PM
http://www.divx.com/divx/drdivx/ i think this what youre after ?

maxidrom11
01-31-2005, 04:33 PM
Glad to see the forums are back up. How come discussion boards always go down a couple hours before you realize you have to ask a question?? Anyway, here's my little situation. Up until recently I'd be using DVD Shrink to reduce my DVD9's to DVD5's for burning. A friend told me about DVD-RB and CCE, so I did a bit of reading. Apparently it's unanimous that CCE is the best encoder for backing up DVD media, so I decided to try it out. I used the DVD-RB tutorials, especially the ones at Afterdawn to give it a shot. All seems to have worked, but now I want to actually evaluate the results, and as silly as it sounds I can't seem to think of an easy way to do it. Basically I just want to be able to do a visual comparison of a regular DVD-Shrink backup with my DVD-RB CCE backup (and maybe between a couple CCE backups with different settings/filters). The problem seems to be that non of my normal DVD playing apps support multiple instances, so I can only have one version showing at a time. What's the best way to do some simple visual comparisons?

maxidrom11
02-02-2005, 04:46 PM
i all

I really need a plugin or a program that skips sexual scene in movies...

I may give it the start time and the lengh of the scenes to skip them

Thanks in advance

02-02-2005, 05:15 PM
i think ya should go back to school m8. if ya dont like sexual scenes go for the videos with a 12 certificate or a U cert you wont have to edit them ones. i believe one of YOUR other posts had a reply that included progs for cutting etc that you could use. perhaps if you had added this to one of them other threads you would of seen it.