PDA

View Full Version : Nero Software

gilloz
02-07-2005, 02:59 PM
I don't want to sound stupid, but I downloaded the Nero 5.5.10 version. Installed it but I can't run it until I pay $50 online. Is that how oldversion.com works? You can download anything they have but you have to pay or donate (contribution?). Can someone educate me, please.

locustfurnace
02-07-2005, 03:50 PM
I take it you never used Nero before, or, read the Oldversion's Nero info page.
Oldversion.com does not develop these programs. This is an archive for software. If you are paying for any licenses, you would be paying the developer, in this case, Ahead (Nero), for the license fee, not Oldversion.com.
Some of the titles archived here are freeware and some are shareware.

Ajay
02-18-2005, 09:14 AM
But is there a place (not necesarily on oldversion.com) where we can get a serial for free?

locustfurnace
02-19-2005, 12:44 AM
Why bother when you can download and use Freeware apps.

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?a...&st=0#entry6158 (http://www.oldversion.com/talk/index.php?act=ST&f=2&t=1757&st=0#entry6158)

Tomb
02-19-2005, 02:58 AM
Or buy an old version of Nero from ebay (you can get version 4 for about £4 now - maybe less) and use the serial number from that to get a discount when upgrading. Saves well over half the price!

seaweed
02-22-2005, 06:27 AM
You think thats bad, I bought an asus external CD-RW as my small laptop dosent have one, It came with Nero soft wear, when i installed it, it wouldent work at all as i have SP2 update. The downloads from the Nero site dont help either just tells me to buy Nero.
Before this i bought a Freecom for my last laptop, that had Roxo same storey but at least that pretended to work but wasent worth the time it took to install.
Now i would avoid either of them compleat rip off and there is far better soft wear about either free working trial or for about $10 paid

locustfurnace
02-22-2005, 06:49 AM
You could try some of the freeware titles posted in above link.

03-05-2005, 05:46 PM
http://www.webattack.com/freeware/gmm/fwcdburn.html also check the link at the bottom of this freeware page for shareware titles

aladdinnas
03-11-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by gilloz@Feb 7 2005, 03:59 PM
I don't want to sound stupid, but I downloaded the Nero 5.5.10 version. Installed it but I can't run it until I pay $50 online. Is that how oldversion.com works? You can download anything they have but you have to pay or donate (contribution?). Can someone educate me, please.
download the latest version and try this for registration

removed ~locustfurnace

aladdinnas
03-11-2005, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by aladdinnas+Mar 11 2005, 11:57 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (aladdinnas @ Mar 11 2005, 11:57 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--gilloz@Feb 7 2005, 03:59 PM
I don&#39;t want to sound stupid, but I downloaded the Nero 5.5.10 version.Â* Installed it but I can&#39;t run it until I pay &#036;50 online.Â* Is that how oldversion.com works?Â* You can download anything they have but you have to pay or donate (contribution?).Â* Can someone educate me, please.
download the latest version and try this for registration

removed ~locustfurnace [/b][/quote]
????
oh...not allowed here eh...
jus go to
and type in the version u have
make sure u got anti-virus on, u can easily get trojan of it

locustfurnace
03-11-2005, 11:25 PM
Serials, warez, whatever... are not condoned or permitted here, this is a site for Freeware and Shareware only. Everything else will be removed.
if you want to license a title, then purchase it.

numb
03-14-2005, 10:08 AM
I thought most of those burning software programs have "limited functionality" demos/trials that you can still use for awhile.. or put up with limited features until you pay. i have a ton of nero/roxio cds lying around from cd-rw purchases from the past that i continue to use today. i know this is "olderversion.com" and all, but windows XP has built in burning, intergrated into explorer just drag and drop from menus/open windows and "burn to cd" but you still need a third party program to create a cd from image "iso"

03-14-2005, 12:37 PM
just remember that there are the many who just dont like xp or just dont like the built in burner that microsoft gave with it, i myself can understand why they gave it free built in i think because like the rest of anything xp its rubbish, my view is stick with the 9x and m.e far better

03-14-2005, 05:32 PM
lol.. your post mirrors the sentiment of windows 3.1 users when windows 95 came out.. then 98. things do change somewhat, though more power to you. im also a fan of legacy software and hardware by the way. still have a dos/win 3.1 box along with a 98 box running ;)

locustfurnace
03-14-2005, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by Guest@Mar 14 2005, 06:32 PM
lol.. your post mirrors the sentiment of windows 3.1 users when windows 95 came out..
So does the concept of this website..

Hanktara
01-08-2008, 09:29 AM
Hello,
I bought a Sony DRX-820U DVD/CD Rewritable Drive which came with Nero 6. I wish to take my digital photographs and make a DVD that I can watch on my TV. I have Photoshop Emements 3 which I use to edit my photographs. I can create a slide show with edited photos as a DVD using NeroVision Express 3 (part of the Nero 6 suite). However, when I edit the photos to place the caption on the photo instead of under the photo, the process leading to the burning of the DVD aborts after approximately 70 photos (the program stops transcoding after approx. 70 photos). Am I the problem or do I expect too much from this software?
Thanks
Hanktara