PDA

View Full Version : Lime Wire

Bill Kala
03-02-2005, 07:31 PM
Hi, I am trying to download lime wire 4.0, when i downloaded it it and opening the program, it says they don'y suffient information, and the program might be currputed. :o I don't know what the problem is, and i wish adminstration address to this problem. thank you

Bill Kala :( :(

Goslow
03-03-2005, 12:21 AM
Hello
I would expect the file on O.V.com sever is viable ,remove the old file and clear your temporary cache ,you could try to download again , the file is more likely to have corrupted during download.
for installation problems excetera
try to work through your issues here: LimeWire Forums. (http://www.limewire.com/english/content/forum_intro.shtml) there are also probably forums in other languages.

confused about limewire
03-28-2005, 11:08 PM
Hey everyone,

The new version wasn't working so i am downloading version 3.0.2 of limewire. Is it good?

Thanx :P

03-29-2005, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by confused about limewire@Mar 29 2005, 12:08 AM
Hey everyone,

The new version wasn't working so i am downloading version 3.0.2 of limewire. Is it good?

yeah its good much like any p2p app they are great but you may as well go shoplifting for your cds that way when you get arrested nobody will know you perhaps. but when the riaa come to collect from your house everyone in the neighbourhood will know you.the riaa will win and will wipe you guys out, the end is nigh and like a good old fashioned boil on the butt quit while your a head.

04-14-2005, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Guest+Mar 29 2005, 10:13 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guest @ Mar 29 2005, 10:13 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--confused about limewire@Mar 29 2005, 12:08 AM
Hey everyone,

The new version wasn&#39;t working so i am downloading version 3.0.2 of limewire. Is it good?

yeah its good much like any p2p app they are great but you may as well go shoplifting for your cds that way when you get arrested nobody will know you perhaps. but when the riaa come to collect from your house everyone in the neighbourhood will know you.the riaa will win and will wipe you guys out, the end is nigh and like a good old fashioned boil on the butt quit while your a head. [/b][/quote]
ha&#33; what the hell?

shut up mr "i should tell everyone what to do"

04-14-2005, 04:58 PM
quit the trolling you guys if ya wanna argue do it in the playground tomorrow at school.

Grinder
05-02-2005, 11:38 AM
Me?

I have a problem of connecting Limewire. I tried following Limewire&#39;s suggestions on their help site, and still nothing happens. I don&#39;t use any software base firewalls, just Internet Explorer based ones. If you count Norton Antivirus as a firewall, then show me how get arounf it. But in the meantime, please help.

chosen boi
05-15-2005, 12:01 AM
hey, i have had limewire for awhile and i have a question....How can the companies or whatever even find out that you have been stealing music?? :unsure:

05-30-2005, 03:05 PM
You might want to check out slyck.com (http://www.slyck.com/index.php) for all things fiile sharing. They don&#39;t have any clients for download liike they do here, but they have a good community that stays on top of all the latest happenings with the RIAA, MPAA, clients, networks etc. :)

06-01-2005, 07:05 AM
Originally posted by Guest@May 30 2005, 03:05 PM
You might want to check out slyck.com (http://www.slyck.com/index.php) for all things fiile sharing. They don&#39;t have any clients for download liike they do here, but they have a good community that stays on top of all the latest happenings with the RIAA, MPAA, clients, networks etc. :)
staying one step in front and keeping up to date with what the iraa are doing is not rocket science or anything clever. in a nut shell they are filing lawsuits against filesharers day after day after day and will continue to do so until its stamped out altogether filesharing copyrighted material is illegal and does need to be stopped completely as soon as possible why should honest folk have to pay more for their music to cover part of the revenue lost to filesharing again in a nut shell they shouldnt. it is theft and should be punished in a court of law, i personally would love to see the looks on their faces when the iraa bang at the door to arrest them and seize their computer.

locustfurnace
06-01-2005, 08:45 AM
Originally posted by Guest@Jun 1 2005, 07:05 AM
i personally would love to see the looks on their faces when the iraa bang at the door to arrest them and seize their computer.
The RIAA has no arrest powers, they&#39;re just a copyright protection house, they neither can make nor enforce laws, hence they lobby. What they do is track down those downloading/uploading copyrighted material, the RIAA&#39;s lawyers then inform a judge of copyright violations, seeking a court order to obtain the users name and address from the ISP. Then they seek a court hearing.

Not all music downloading is illegal either. It all depends on who owns the copyright and how they decide to have their music distributed. The OpenBSD OS project, also releases a song each time their OS is released. The song is freely downloadable.

06-01-2005, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by locustfurnace@Jun 1 2005, 08:45 AM

Not all music downloading is illegal either.
i dont remember saying it was ? what i stated was downloading copyrighted material was illegal,had you not been so eager to once again have that final word and add to your over inflated post count you would of had the time to read and digest what was written

locustfurnace
06-01-2005, 07:20 PM
Yes, my post count is over inflated. When you are the mod on a board your post count will climb higher as well. Lets not forget the years I been mod on this board, and the hundreds of requests fulfilled.
Why don&#39;t you actually read all my postings before making assumptions.

06-02-2005, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by locustfurnace@Jun 1 2005, 07:20 PM
Yes, my post count is over inflated.
Why don&#39;t you actually read all my postings before making assumptions.
why would i want to read so many unnecessary comments i havent made any assumptions either i have been reading way back over the last couple weeks and many of your comments jump out plain that they are unnecessary and either already covered or off the mark slightly,many have put in the request board to follow the pinned topic when making requests and then you add and dont forget to search before posting.totally unnecessary as Your pinned topic has this written in it, you may well be a site mod but you may want to think a little more before you add dribble to threads and have a dig at folk who are only doing the same as you do yourself,you made the assumption that my post meant all music downloading was illegal when in fact it didnt,and you then assume i make assunptions about your post count if you cannot stand to be critisised when your wrong then dont point the finger at others mate.my apologies to others for dragging this thread off topic but this guy needed a reality check and obviously took offence.

locustfurnace
06-02-2005, 08:59 AM
No offense taken. Years of running the board, I encounter many, many "guest" users who have a grudge against what I do on the board. Does not bother me. You&#39;ll sit on the board for a few weeks, shooting out little digs then be gone, an another will be here to replace you.

06-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by locustfurnace@Jun 2 2005, 08:59 AM
. Years of running the board, I encounter many, many "guest" users who have a grudge against what I do on the board. Does not bother me. You&#39;ll sit on the board for a few weeks, shooting out little digs then be gone, an another will be here to replace you.
another presumption i been sitting on this board close on 3 and a half years and most likely will be another 3 if its still up and running youre wrong to assume all guests are the same fly in fly out and be gone.making observations and pointing out stuff is not little digs as you put it it is raising valid points which others im sure have noticed. you really should take that chip off youre shoulder fella it doesnt suit you i have no grudges with any folk any where you just need to not have a grudge when GUEST posters point out things where you are wrong , being a mod or member doesnt make you superior to anyone.

06-02-2005, 10:48 AM
First off, its the RIAA...not the iraa. The fact you got that wrong tells me you know little about what they actually do, and any success or failure they&#39;re having. They&#39;re filing lawsuits every day are they??? Yet another ignorant statement. If you would have followed the link you might have learned a thing or two.