PDA

View Full Version : Possible To Run Aim 4.8 W/out Uninstalling 5.2+?

AJ_Guest
04-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Hi, I am currently running AIM 5.5.3583, then I installed AIM 5.9.3690 which is now running on top of the 5.5 (my actual aim.exe file lists version 0.0.0.0, no clue why).

I would like to install AIM 4.8 or below, I have searched the forum for the answer, haven't found it. Or maybe the answer is so glaringly obvious to anyone not technologically-challenged like I am.

1. Will it uninstall or affect my later versions (I want to keep both, profile & password reasons, & I don't plan to run them simultaneously ever either)?
2. If I do install, will my current settings apply to the older version? Such as profiles, passwords, etc.
3. If/when I should ever uninstall the 4.8 or below, will it inadverdently uninstall files I need for 5.5/5.9?

Thanks if anyone can answer my questions!

jake
04-27-2005, 12:44 PM
I'm a bit confused, however, I'll answer one question. I use AIM 4.8 on one computer, and 5.9 on another. The both use the same settings, and I only configured them under the 5.9. I autually think I set those same exact settings back in version 3.0 on an old computer. So, I think that could answer your question.
-Jake