PDA

View Full Version : Windows 95/ Aol Question

ALbookbugg
04-28-2005, 09:57 AM
Hi everyone! New to the board here--want to say hello all! I have a small problem. Hopefully, someone will know the answer! My mother-in-law just bought her first computer. It's an oldie that she bought at a yard sale! It has windows 95 on it. I tried to talk her into updating, but she says she doesn't want to until she sees if she likes computers!!! She wants AOL, so I picked up a freebie disc for her and tried to install it. It will not install. So, I was wondering, are the new AOL versions compatible with the windows 95 or do I need an older version of AOL? When I tried to install the AOL 9.0 disc, it told me I needed to call AOL . Maybe, I should just call, but I hate dealing with stuff like that on the phone. I appreciate any help ya'll can give. Thanx

jake
04-28-2005, 10:01 AM
I know AOL 7 can run on '95...

locustfurnace
04-28-2005, 10:54 AM
On the AOL CD, it does contain older versions of AOL, they are hidden by default by Windows folder options. You will want to change your folder option to not hide files, then you will be able to install one of the older versions contained on the CD.