PDA

View Full Version : Old Monitor

Susan
05-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Hi
I don't know if this is possible but I want to upgrade this monitor
I have been to NEC's site but they don't tell me what is compatible, they have a lot of monitor drivers
what I want to do is push this one up to at least 98se perferablly higher
is there anyone who has done this or knows where i could find information

i run win 98se and this is a NEC MultiSync C 400 It was built by NEC in 1996

locustfurnace
05-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Monitor's are not "upgradeable", they are hardware, some have profiles (inf files) which some refer as "drivers". I do not see a reason you can not use the monitor with 98se. What you may be having a problem with is the video display driver, there is a physical video card installed into the case or built on to the motherboard. This may cause some problems.
What OS were you using before? Windows 95?

You did not say if the monitor does not display anything when plugged into a system running Windows 98se. What leads you to believe it will not work.

Susan
05-13-2005, 02:58 PM
This monitor does work what I am concerned about is the new html standards and will they run on it . I am on 98se but the monitor was on a different computer probablly 95 . I take classes and they want office 2003
and I don't know if it will work I am running office 2000 now and I do see a difference from my old monitor ( which was not young )

05-13-2005, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by Susan@May 13 2005, 02:58 PM
This monitor does work what I am concerned about is the new html standards and will they run on it . I am on 98se but the monitor was on a different computer probablly 95 . I take classes and they want office 2003
and I don't know if it will work I am running office 2000 now and I do see a difference from my old monitor ( which was not young )
have you hooked the monitor up and tried it ? what ever office you are trying to run doesnt make any difference to the monitor, office is software which you need to know if the pc will run it not the monitor, hook it up to your pc and try it it will not do any harm to it.

locustfurnace
05-13-2005, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Susan@May 13 2005, 02:58 PM
What "new" HTML standards? Do you mean 4.0? Or ?
As stated, this is not an issue with a monitor, if it does not display (for whatever reason - this "new" HTML standard,) then it's a problem with your rendering engine, not the monitor.

You should have no problems running an older SVGA with a new system, what your concern would be with is the graphics card. If your Office; for whatever reason runs slow, this is not a issue with the monitor, but with your system.

The difference between Office 2000 and Office 2003 is not relevant to the monitor, but to the changes in the Office code.