PDA

View Full Version : Mozilla Firefox Help Needed

The Rabid Dog
05-19-2005, 09:33 PM
I have Mozilla Firefox. Just the other day the thing decided it didn't want to work anymore and i kept getting "www.google.com could not be found. Please check name and try again." This keeps happening to all the internet sites i try to go to on Mozilla. I have already tried reinstalling it but that didn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I cinda need some help here.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks
- The Rabid Dog-

05-20-2005, 04:31 AM
this is more likely an issue with your isp than your browser have you tried or have got an alternative to try to see if it makes a difference to your surfing ?

-The Rabid Dog-
05-20-2005, 12:56 PM
So it might be my isp adress thats causing the problem? How can i deal with that cuse i dont know how to change my isp or whatnot??

thanks
-The Rabid Dog-

locustfurnace
05-20-2005, 02:32 PM
Are you posting these message from another web browser on that same system?
Is the browser you are using running through a proxy server? If YES, then setup Firefox to use the proxy as well.
Also, check that Firefox is not using a proxy, if you are not using one.

Gper2005
05-20-2005, 04:34 PM
try setting your proxy like the person above me said. if u don't have one try modifying your settings (but YMMV)

-The Rabid Dog-
05-20-2005, 05:55 PM
Yeah i am using the internet through Internet explorer becasue im getting the dumb messages from Mozilla. I checked, and Mozilla isn't using any proxy and im not using, one to access the internet either. I tryed removing Mozilla and then reinstalling it but that did nothing. Any other sugessionts?

Thanks
-The Rabid Dog-

05-21-2005, 04:13 AM
have you checked the security settings for the browser never personally used it but if the security settings are up high then it may well be blocking certain sites .

OldVersion.com Admin
05-21-2005, 11:10 AM
Hm, I found out that no site works on Firefox for him, he has the newest version [hehe], and tried removing/reinstalling. It all works fine in IE. I'm not quite sure what the problem is, but could anyone else perhaps help? The generic message he gets is '* could not be found. Please check the name and try again'

locustfurnace
05-21-2005, 04:04 PM
I remember a similar question on another board, and the problem was that Firefox was using IPv6. The solution was to disable Firefox from using IPv6. That may help./

05-21-2005, 04:46 PM
http://mozilla.gunnars.net/ this site looks promising

-The Rabid Dog-
05-22-2005, 11:15 AM
How do i disable mozilla from using IPv6?
where do i go?

-The Rabid Dog-

davisraider94
12-08-2008, 12:34 PM
I have Mozilla Firefox. Just the other day the thing decided it didn't want to work anymore and i kept getting "www.google.com could not be found. Please check name and try again." This keeps happening to all the internet sites i try to go to on Mozilla. I have already tried reinstalling it but that didn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions?? I cinda need some help here.

Any suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks
- The Rabid Dog-

al u need to do is to go to your remove add list and delete any trace of it then delete it then go to yahoo.com and search mozzila firefox and then download it you caight the virus because somebody bugged google then set you up but it should work now message me if it doesnt there another way if it doesnt