PDA

View Full Version : Try Linux!!

The Dude
06-04-2005, 12:23 AM
Want to try LINUX be4 considering it??

Try the Linux Desktop Project (http://opensource.region-stuttgart.de/test_linux_desktop.php)....You'll have a secure connection with a REAL LINUX DESKTOP in front of you........

Pretty Interesting :)

1 thing i noticed while using FIREFOX last night thru this linux client was it OPENED PAGES BE4 THINKING while most browsers THINK BE4 OPENING..... YES,pages opened slightly faster (I was surprised),but some sites didnt render properly,etc.......

I typed about:config but i couldnt remember which ones to change.......

I looked for IE but i couldnt find it :D

Ah well :)

06-04-2005, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by The Dude@Jun 4 2005, 12:23 AM
Want to try LINUX be4 considering it??

Try the Linux Desktop Project (http://opensource.region-stuttgart.de/test_linux_desktop.php)....You'll have a secure connection with a REAL LINUX DESKTOP in front of you........

Pretty Interesting :)

1 thing i noticed while using FIREFOX last night thru this linux client was it OPENED PAGES BE4 THINKING while most browsers THINK BE4 OPENING..... YES,pages opened slightly faster (I was surprised),but some sites didnt render properly,etc.......

I typed about:config but i couldnt remember which ones to change.......

I looked for IE but i couldnt find it :D

Ah well :)
another perfect topic for a windows forum ? well done DUD

06-04-2005, 03:18 AM
ha ha about as much use as a chocolate fire guard whats this guy on

The Dude
06-04-2005, 02:51 PM
Ah man!!

The Dude
09-09-2006, 08:00 PM
I couldnt believe the speed i had on the desktop i was connected to when i tried it (It wasnt half bad (Heh,i wonder if someone was sitting right there watching everything that was going on :D))

I didnt understand it very well,but it was interesting...

michael
09-16-2006, 04:35 PM
linux is too complicated. I want and operating system that i dont have to hack

Tomb
09-17-2006, 02:02 AM
linux is too complicated. I want and operating system that i dont have to hack

Try Linspire (http://www.linspire.com/) - never used it (my linux experience is limited to Red Hat and Mandriva) but it is meant to be the easiest one to use for windows users.

RaviC
10-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Ubuntu is pretty good. They even will send you free cd's! Get it at www.ubuntu.com (http://www.ubuntu.com)

The Dude
07-14-2009, 07:12 PM
another perfect topic for a windows forum ? well done DUDThank you for your kind words :)

It was quite interesting i will say that! (Confusing but interesting)

the gaffer
09-02-2009, 08:44 AM
A Linux Live CD can be a lifesaver for any Windows user.

In the event that you cannot boot to Windows, you can use a Live CD to access your hard drive and extract files by coping them to an external drive or a thumb drive or other device.

So yes, Linux can be the perfect topic for a Windows forum.

If you make regular backups of your files as you really should do you wouldnt need either.a live cd will not save you from a dead hard drive,or one that has gone corrupt and made it unreadable.

the gaffer
09-03-2009, 08:07 AM
my own machines all have removable drive caddies in the spare 5.25 cd bays.i then have 2 drives dedicated to backups of my files etc,they are only used at the point of backup and so do very very little work ;) i never worry about a machine going down or a drive going dead,i also have image/restore discs of my drives that i made at the point just after all had been installed and all my programs etc were installed. I can have a machine back to normal in no ti,e :D

unrestricted
09-28-2009, 02:21 PM
Ubuntu is good even for women, easy like Windows :)
But Google will conqueror the world with Android Linux (and also conqueror all our personal information :mad:). Android is not phone/handheld only, soon google would release it for netbooks.
Better to use Ubuntu, which is free of all this google crap.

miltonhork
10-22-2009, 02:35 AM
hi
I know Linux is more better when it comes to security..