PDA

View Full Version : Aol 3.0 Chat

allurance
07-19-2005, 03:02 AM
I've had the same AOL e-mail address 8 years now but check it solely through Outlook. It's not a big deal since the account is on someone else's name.

I have zero use for AOL these days except to chat occasionally in trivia rooms, old friends and whatnot, and up to around 2001 I used solely AOL 3.0 to do that.

On that version (3.0) the fonts were all the same, no garish colors, and text scrolled by much quicker... I could open AOL, chat, and close it without junk piling up on my screen.

Anyway, thanks to OldVersion I have 3.0 up and running. So I click on the familiar two-head-face icon :D to chat and it says the chat software no longer runs on this version.

This is probably a futile question, but is there any way around this? If not, I'll go to the next best thing, 4.0, colors and all.

rudybaga2
03-22-2006, 05:32 PM
I also have aol 3.0 I got it from Netscape. what OS are you running?

spunker88
03-24-2006, 06:56 PM
I never minded the colored text. It makes the message seem more intersting to the eye. Unless the colors are annoying. 4.0 is still good.

Goslow
03-25-2006, 11:37 AM
I never minded the colored text. It makes the message seem more intersting to the eye. Unless the colors are annoying. 4.0 is still good.I know what you mean, sometimes I even turn down my hearing aid and just look at the prismatic bubbles forming at the corners of peoples mouths when they are talking to me, its really spectacular, kind of reminds my me of the sun glinting off the big lens on a high powered scope back in the day.