PDA

View Full Version : I Have Every Version Of Irfanview

loophole77
07-23-2005, 04:13 PM
I have every version if IrfanView, except 2 (including 3 not listed in the changes txt). 72 in all. I've tried emailing OldVersion.com a couple of times over the past few months to see if they wanted them, but never heard back. The whole collection only takes up 26meg of hd space. I have been collecting them for many years. 41 of the 72 versions are from 1996-1998 (that's Windows 95 era). I doubt very many copies of those versions exist anymore. They are kind of fun to look at (if you use IrfanView, I guess). 1.70 hardly has any options or features at all. Irfan included a changes.txt with every newly released version, so it's easy to see some of the changes when comparing them. Just thought maybe if I posted the offer here, I may get a response from them. There are only 16 versions on the website.

OldVersion.com Admin
07-25-2005, 05:28 PM
An FTP for file uploads is being setup right now. I appreciate your willingness to contribute.

ChuckE
08-23-2005, 06:02 PM
I have every version if IrfanView.
Ah! but do you have the two versions of 3.97? :)

The v3.97 readily available at the IrfanView website has a bug in it that when watching a slideshow (key "W") and using the "$X" to display the sequence number (displays [1/n], [2/n], etc. where n is the total number of pictures) does not appear.

The bug was not there in v3.95 but it was found in v3.97.
So Irfan has a new v3.97 (same number, no letter designation difference?) that he will send to you (or I can give you) if you ask.