PDA

View Full Version : Clock Problem

Muffy
08-21-2005, 05:34 AM
I have noticed that when surfing the net or not, my pc clock loses time, when I first switch the pc on, the clock is showing the correct time. If I switch my pc off and restart the pc, the clock shows the correct time, I had a pc service person look at the problem and informed me that it had nothing to do with the clocks battery.
Any thougts pleaze?

the gaffer
08-21-2005, 07:57 AM
a perfect example of why members should always search before posting,a quick search using CLOCK as the search word brought up this thread http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2572&highlight=clock which has many replies to the same question.

BarkerJr
08-22-2005, 06:09 PM
What's it mean if you're gaining, say 10-15 minutes a week?

locustfurnace
08-22-2005, 07:31 PM
What's it mean if you're gaining, say 10-15 minutes a week?
Did you by chance overclock the CPU?
Even if you did not overclock it, as stated above, poor manufacturing processes results in poor quality time keeping.
Run an Atomic Clock program, it will keep you clock adjusted.

BarkerJr
09-05-2005, 09:33 PM
Nope, never have ever done overclocking. I do run an atomic timesync program, but I wish I didn't need to have it update multiple times a day...

the gaffer
09-06-2005, 05:06 AM
Nope, never have ever done overclocking. I do run an atomic timesync program, but I wish I didn't need to have it update multiple times a day...
perhaps you may be better not to run the timesync program ignore the clock being wrong and just wear a watch when your on the pc. LOL