PDA

View Full Version : Old threads dead?

jez
10-18-2005, 04:31 AM
Hi,

I'm perusing some of the threads in this forum (trying to find a download of Dreamweaver MX 2004 trial, now that Macromedia have removed it from their site in favour of Dreamweaver 8... any help on that would be appreciated, thanks) but many of the links to other threads are broken, and given all the comments along the lines of 'you should have searched for this before requesting it', there seems to be a conspicuous lack of other threads in relation to the software in question.

I may have missed something (I'm not exactly a regular here!) but did the forums crash, with the loss of old threads? Was there an upgrade or something?

Goslow
10-18-2005, 01:29 PM
Hello

Yes, there was an "upgrade" which flies in the face of O.V.coms mantra if you ask my opinion.
It was done for reasons of security apparently.

I dont think there has been a "loss of old threads" however many links are broken, if you have trouble with a link in a thread, post in that thread & the link will most likely be fixed. (or do the search and post the link for others)

Also there is a new feature at the bottom of each thread which links to similar threads
its random but sometimes points the way.

of course the forum still has a search feature and you can put in key words like Dreamweaver or 2004 if your other keywords do not bring a result.

b.t.w I have not searched but am sure I've seen it in the forum before.

locustfurnace
10-18-2005, 01:42 PM
Here is a thread for Dreamweaver.

http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showthread.php?t=467&highlight=Dreamweaver