PDA

View Full Version : Messenger 5.0

Yvonne
01-13-2003, 03:57 AM
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue] I have been having the same problem with MSN messenger since I got MSN 8. Just about everytime I sign on, I have a message screen pop up that says, "MSN Messenger needs to close due to a problem. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then it gives me the option of sending an error report, not sending an error report, or debug. I have tried all three options. None of them have brought me any closer to solving this problem. :( I have been in contact with MSN Support 6 times, I have received 6 different solutions to this problem. None of them worked either. :angry: I like MSN but I am so frustrated I am tempted to use another internet service provider. Does anyone have a solution? If I remove Messenger 5.0, can I still use MSN 8? I NEED HELP. :unsure: :unsure:

lightsup55
01-13-2003, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by Yvonne@Jan 13 2003, 04:57 AM
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=7][COLOR=blue] I have been having the same problem with MSN messenger since I got MSN 8. Just about everytime I sign on, I have a message screen pop up that says, "MSN Messenger needs to close due to a problem. We are sorry for the inconvenience." Then it gives me the option of sending an error report, not sending an error report, or debug. I have tried all three options. None of them have brought me any closer to solving this problem. :( I have been in contact with MSN Support 6 times, I have received 6 different solutions to this problem. None of them worked either. :angry: I like MSN but I am so frustrated I am tempted to use another internet service provider. Does anyone have a solution? If I remove Messenger 5.0, can I still use MSN 8? I NEED HELP. :unsure: :unsure:
You should still be able to use MSN 8 if you remove MSN Messenger 5.0. Just download an older version from OldVersion.com (http://www.oldversion.com/program.php?n=msnm) and install that.

01-14-2003, 12:22 PM
Thanks for the info. I will try it. I hope it works... ;)

01-18-2003, 07:20 AM
Yes, you can still use msn after you uninstall messenger. I had similar problems myself. I had MSN messenger already installed when I installed the MSN internet software. One did not replace the other so I ended up having it installed twice. They would both open when I started up. :blink: