PDA

View Full Version : Msn Messenger Help!!!!

bannerman05
01-05-2006, 11:03 PM
Hey everyone,
I'm kinda new to all this and I'm having a problem with MSN messenger 5.0. I just installed it and now it's telling me that to continue I need the newer version, problem is I have a lame ass old computer with no pentium 3, so th eonly one my windows '98 is god for is 5.0. Does anyone have any ideas?(besides putting a bulet in this old thing?) :D thanks up front for any help you can give.

the gaffer
01-06-2006, 04:02 AM
welcome to oldversion mate,try doing a search before posting this was asked fairly recently and im sure a couple of previous threads had a couple suggestions for a work around for this problem.

moses
01-14-2006, 09:31 PM
:eek:
Hey everyone,
I'm kinda new to all this and I'm having a problem with MSN messenger 5.0. I just installed it and now it's telling me that to continue I need the newer version, problem is I have a lame ass old computer with no pentium 3, so th eonly one my windows '98 is god for is 5.0. Does anyone have any ideas?(besides putting a bulet in this old thing?) :D thanks up front for any help you can give.
I have a lame computer too. Windows 98. And I just hooked up to ask the exact same question. When I looked for an answer...some jerk said to hunt for it! If you find a way to get rid of the window that is trying to make us get a newer version...please let me know. Moses :eek:

the gaffer
01-15-2006, 03:45 AM
if the pc you have is as lame as your attitude praps it time for the trash can.this was at the bottom of the page you posted into and is only one of a few threads that had suggestions for getting older versions to connect. http://www.oldversion.com/talk/showthread.php?t=2590