PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Messenger installation problem

Catwoman6006
01-18-2006, 10:18 AM
I downloaded the 6.1 version of Yahoo Messenger from oldversion.com and I got error messages after I downloaded and tried to install. The same happened with the 5.0 version of Yahoo Messenger I downloaded.

Maybe the Yahoo software is corrupt?

locustfurnace
01-18-2006, 11:13 AM
Is the error message relating to the download, or connecting to the yahoo server. You'll need to post an exact error message, as there are too many different ways a program can cause an error.

Catwoman6006
01-18-2006, 11:42 AM
I uninstalled the Yahoo software and downloaded it again. It's working now.
May have had an internet conection problem. :o

lostboy
02-22-2006, 11:36 AM
I just downloaded the latest version of Yahoo! Messenger and got the error that I'm not the admin of this computer. All of the accounts on the computer are listed as admin, I dont' see what's the problem with the pc. Now Yahoo! Messenger won't even open when I double click on the icon. How can I curb this problem? :mad:

Apoorv
04-11-2006, 10:55 AM
Log on as any user. then log off. On the blue screen where u see the names of all users press ctrl+alt+del two times. u should see a dialog box. in that box put the user name as "administrator" and leave the password field blank. then try opening yahoo! messenger . i think it shud work.

ELFAKIR48
07-01-2006, 05:26 PM
http://es.messenger.yahoo.com/
bajate este e instalalo aqui tienes el 7.5 y no te causes mas porblemas:D

Windows 98SE
07-10-2006, 11:06 PM
Little more info maybe we can help you what is this error?

Spartan.KC135
11-02-2006, 05:14 PM
ive been trying to install yahoo messenger on my comp (any version) and every time i try to install it or log in it says that it cannot connect to the server. please help.

tkaliforniaa
12-26-2006, 08:15 PM
so ive been using yahoo messenger 6,0,0,1992 or 6.1922 as oldversion calls it.. ive been using this version for a while now and come here for my download [which is a lot cuz computer problems].. but this time around ive tried downloading it again and again and again and again like soooooo many times.. i managed to install it and get it working yesterday but that was only after i had installed a newer version and uninstalled it because i didnt like the extra yahoo menu bar thing [which was still there after i uninstalled it so i reformatted my computer yet again].. so i dont want to install a newer version only to be able to install the version i like.. and i detest the newer version.. im not going to use yahoo phone why do i need that feature.. i think 6.1922 works for me.. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ASAP

the gaffer
12-27-2006, 05:07 AM
hi there mate,you seem to have missed telling us why you couldnt install the download,if you install a newer version first then you may well have problems as many version do not like you to step backwards,please give details of the problem you have when you download the file and try and install it.

tkaliforniaa
12-27-2006, 02:52 PM
well.. i come to this site and go directly to where i need to go without passing go and collecting $200 cuz i know exactly where what i want is.. so i click the link to download yahoo messenger 6.1922 [shorthand] and get directed to the following page like i should.. then rather than pulling down that menu thing for restricted files i just click the download button thing.. then it goes through the normal process of installing then right before the last screen that you click finish on a popup for ERROR ERROR comes up asking if i want to debug send report or not send report.. well of course i send the report then click finish.. and then i get the same exact popup from before so i send another error report.. then seeing how messenger just isnt going to work i go to add/remove and uninstall.. i click automatic of course then before the uninstall starts i get another of those popups so of course having no other choice i send the error report click close on the following 2 popups and the uninstall resumes.. each and every time i try installing yahoo messenger 6.1922 i get the same exact routine.. i keep hoping this time will be different but it never has been then i just click send report etc etc..
now as for the other day.. i had reformatted my computer without problems and tried installing and had the same problems i just described.. so i decided to give a newer version a chance hoping it would be better but na.. never is.. so i uninstalled the latest version i got from yahoos main site then came back here and downloaded the version i wanted.. im not entirely sure if i had to do this just once or i tried a few times but either way it worked and i got yahoo 6.1922 on my computer.. now being the dumbass i am i didnt want any of the extra features yahoo 8 left me with so i reformatted my computer yet again and tried downloading 6.1922 and havent installed any other versions as of yet.. that should explain everything

Windows 98SE
12-27-2006, 03:39 PM
Yahoo 7.5 works well, About the add-ons to the messager window you can always remove what you dont like there like example 360,games,weather,news.

tkaliforniaa
12-27-2006, 03:55 PM
ok i dont have a problem with the extra tabs like games and news.. its the bullcrap like the telephone stuff and searching for a friends id when you can easily see all your friends on one screen.. sorry to be snooty but i just would like to figure out why i cant get yahoo 6.1922 installed

Windows 98SE
12-28-2006, 12:48 AM
Well you got the yahoo messager united states verison, The canadian verison does not have the call rates things, Sooooo go download off the canadian site or if you want i can send it by email to you

tkaliforniaa
12-28-2006, 02:12 PM
thanks for the canada idea.. great country and all but i just want yahoo messenger 6.1922 and would like to know if anyone else is having the problems that i am or not.. maybe yahoo did something and disabled all past versions or maybe its my computer even though it has been reformatted and is 100% clean.. can someone try it out please

the gaffer
12-28-2006, 02:29 PM
dont usually,but ive just downloaded the version(yahoo messenger 6.1922) you mention and installed it to check the download and it all went fine installed and no problems whatsoever.

tkaliforniaa
12-28-2006, 06:14 PM
HMMM.. so do you have any ideas on what could be causing this error thing to continuously [sp] popup.. it happens 3 times per try and its annoying as he**

Windows 98SE
12-29-2006, 02:26 AM
Ok yahoo 7.5 and up are best you gonna get I believe since yahoo added some new stuff to there messager services.

Yahoo 6.0 to 7.5 I think are limited to yahoo server I guess so you gonna get errors I believe.

When you uninstall yahoo messager also delete the yahoo folder which is usually place in C:/program files. Then reinstall the yahoo messager, With toolbar or without.

tkaliforniaa
12-30-2006, 02:36 PM
so after briefly talking with someone they advised me that there was a conflict between programs.. so i reformatted my computer yet again and only installed internet security then installed yahoo messenger 6,0,0,1922 without any problems.. after that i unhooked internet and started loading programs from cds that ive always used.. i finished up one cd then i got the same error report thing.. im wondering why now am i having a conflict between programs when i never did before.. i used to always load cds first then connect to internet.. so if anyone has any thoughts or ideas they would be really helpful

the gaffer
12-30-2006, 04:49 PM
if it is a conflict of programs then this will only apply to programs that are running,perhaps if it is programs that are conflicting and they are all programs that you have previously had installed,then you may have something that is now running on startup that never used to before,you could try stopping all your auto start programs when you log on to windows and then see if you still get the error if you want certain programs then to run auto you could enable them one by one until the error appears again that way you will find out if it is programs conflicting

tkaliforniaa
12-30-2006, 05:51 PM
well i dont know cuz i had just down a complete reformat so nothing new was on the computer and the program that i had just installed doesnt run unless its in use.. its not like a spyware program or something that runs all the time

Windows 98SE
12-31-2006, 02:15 AM
Ok lets roll back some dude, What was everything you have installed from this cd.

I would uninstall everything you install and go one step at time.

So you formated computer then get all the windows updates installed.

Gonna be awhile but worth it and alot of reboots.

Once you have got all windows updates computer right then install ad-ware and run full spyware scan, also install spyboat and run full scan.

Then install your yahoo messager if it works great, Then install these cd programs one at time shut down yahoo messager before you install, once installed start yahoo messager.

That way you see if it was that program you just install thats making yahoo messager not working right.

If everything from cd is install and you got all windows updates and you also run spyware scan all this from a fresh install of windows I can't see what the problem is.

tkaliforniaa
12-31-2006, 12:02 PM
:(
so i had reformatted my computer last night and only installed internet security.. this morning i installed messenger 6.1922 and afterwards unhooked the internet.. i then started installing programs and tried messenger out after most of them.. there was a sequence of three cds that i didnt do that for [until the last one] and thats when i got the error thing.. the most annoying aspect out of all of this is that each time around i get the error after a different program.. this was travel cds that i didnt have last time.. last time i loaded them while messenger was open and it was ok [i think].. then i loaded my camera cd and directly after that while messenger had still been open i got the error popup.. im removing some of the last programs i just installed an it doesnt seem to be working.. everytime i remove something it asks for a restart and after that yahoo tries opening upon restart with the error message popping up of course..
well i removed the last 4 programs i installed just to make sure it wasnt just one of the last three but still problems.. i even removed and reinstalled messenger and at least i didnt get the round of three popups but when i tried using it i got the error

the gaffer
12-31-2006, 06:22 PM
Ok lets roll back some dude, What was everything you have installed from this cd.

I would uninstall everything you install and go one step at time.

So you formated computer then get all the windows updates installed.

Gonna be awhile but worth it and alot of reboots.

Once you have got all windows updates computer right then install ad-ware and run full spyware scan, also install spyboat and run full scan.

Then install your yahoo messager if it works great, Then install these cd programs one at time shut down yahoo messager before you install, once installed start yahoo messager.

That way you see if it was that program you just install thats making yahoo messager not working right.

If everything from cd is install and you got all windows updates and you also run spyware scan all this from a fresh install of windows I can't see what the problem is.

why install adaware and spybot and do a full scan after installing windows and doing all the windows updates ? this is pointless,there is nothing wrong with running adaware and spybot if you use software such as filesharing programs as many are add supported but to install and run it on a clean install of windows is a waste of time and energy.the op needs to install and reboot one program at a time to eliminate possible program conflicts,to install more then at a time without testing first is also a waste of time,sometimes it can be baffling and hard to pinpoint a particular problem.

Windows 98SE
01-01-2007, 11:52 PM
That is never pointless and not waste of time.

I would like to know what have you been installing the names of these programs, WHats the OS you got again windows 98, Internet explorer 5, internet security is your firewall get updates to that also.

Your doing something so simple wrong it's right there, Let me Run VNC Viewer on you I'll check your system from here.

Need your ip address and also you to install VNC.

ALso yahoo id so we can chat while you watch me on your computer.

the gaffer
01-02-2007, 08:22 AM
That is never pointless and not waste of time.

I would like to know what have you been installing the names of these programs, WHats the OS you got again windows 98, Internet explorer 5, internet security is your firewall get updates to that also.

Your doing something so simple wrong it's right there, Let me Run VNC Viewer on you I'll check your system from here.

Need your ip address and also you to install VNC.

ALso yahoo id so we can chat while you watch me on your computer.

now isnt that a great idea , giving a complete unknown your ip address and access to your pc ,considering you could be anybody and the op only has your word that you know what your talking about i think not.

tkaliforniaa
01-02-2007, 04:46 PM
ok gaffer your attitude was uncalled for
to recap what i did was reformat my computer because i dont have a cd that specifically installs windows.. i do that while not being connected to internet or having anything else that might run connected..
and where in gods name did i ever mention adaware or anything like that.. i didnt.. i havent.. i only install those after all my cds are installed.. now someone suggested opening and closing 1922 which is what i did.. for some reason this batch of redos i wasnt able to install one program even though i havent used it lately [but you never know its when you dont have it that you want it].. so for now at least my problem is resolved and now to just fix the problems im having with firefox :))
thank you for whoever suggested the closing thing.. it was a great idea

the gaffer
01-02-2007, 05:02 PM
ok gaffer your attitude was uncalled for
to recap what i did was reformat my computer because i dont have a cd that specifically installs windows.. i do that while not being connected to internet or having anything else that might run connected..
and where in gods name did i ever mention adaware or anything like that.. i didnt.. i havent.. i only install those after all my cds are installed.. now someone suggested opening and closing 1922 which is what i did.. for some reason this batch of redos i wasnt able to install one program even though i havent used it lately [but you never know its when you dont have it that you want it].. so for now at least my problem is resolved and now to just fix the problems im having with firefox :))
thank you for whoever suggested the closing thing.. it was a great idea

tkal that wasnt attitude my friend,it is never a good idea to give anyone remote access to your pc unless you know exactly who they are and if they are capable of doing things right,mistakes are easily made,as far as mentioning adaware etc, you didnt,if you read carefully that was refering to a post by another member,at least your problem is resolved at least for the moment thats the important thing

Windows 98SE
01-03-2007, 05:54 AM
Loloololol

shytilwet
01-06-2007, 12:56 AM
I was using the latest Yahoo messenger for ages. 8. something. Then it wouldn't connect. Someone told me to download ver 7.something (not the beta ver.) from here. Oh and to delete Yahoo 8. Which I did. But I cannot get it to download and install either using 'save to disk' or 'open'.

I've cleared my cookies folder and my temp folder.

Please help if you can. I'm lost without my Yahoo........................and stuck with that well known other messenger service! ;)

Oh, my operating thingy is Windows 2000.

Thanx.

Windows 98SE
01-06-2007, 04:03 AM
SO you went into add/remove programs and uninstall yahoo 8, Also go into c:/program files and delete the yahoo folder.

Go to any website of yahoo and click on messager

If you want 7.5 here is the canadian verison
http://www.freewebs.com/5canadian/msgr75ca.exe

When you download anything always click save to and put it in folder of your choice so you know it's there.

In internet explorer opitions go to advanced
HTTP 1.1 settings both boxes should be check

Use TLS,SSL 2.0,3.0 all should be check

Show friendly HTTP and URLS should be check.

Programs check box internet explorer should be default browser.

Also go to security click on custom level, Look for downloads make sure it's enable push ok and yes you want to change

Push apply/ok.

locustfurnace
01-06-2007, 11:10 AM
im wondering why now am i having a conflict between programs when i never did before.

When you say you "reformat" your computer.
Are you actually running the command "format /U" ?
Or are you referring to the process of installing recovery CD's?
Note that although some recovery CD's do reformat the drive, many do not. They simply install over existing installations.

Since I did not see you report the actual error messages you are receiving, unless I missed it. What is the exact error?

Have you after reinstalling your OS, run scandisk thorough? Since you stated now that your getting an error with different programs. Sometimes, you can have a bad disk sector which will cause an error.
After reinstall, then run scandisk. It can take a very long time to check for bad sectors.

If all else fails, maybe you might consider going with an alternative to Yahoo Messenger. Try GAIM, which is a multi-protocol messenger. You will still be able to use the Yahoo IM service, but without needing the Yahoo software

shytilwet
01-06-2007, 08:20 PM
Was that reply for me, WinSE? If so, thank you. I am just trying downloading version 7 and see how that goes. I did check on the settings you said. All okay except I olly had the first HHP ticked in 'Advanced'.

Windows 98SE
01-07-2007, 12:09 AM
No no I have ask few direct questions in the pass and never got stright answer to it question was for tkaliforniaa.

I also ask what is it he's installing that does this never got any back he reply hes all set now priavte message so end of story topic after all that.............................................. ......

tkaliforniaa
01-09-2007, 01:53 PM
so im back.. this time still using 1922 and am having problems accessing my message archive.. before the window opens up there is a popup saying something about activex and then theres a script popup thing

HELP!!

oh by the way i want to save my conversations

Windows 98SE
01-10-2007, 05:22 AM
Click on tools, go to internet opitions,security,custom level,

look for run activex controls and plug-ins enabled
also script controls and plug-ins enable

tkaliforniaa
01-10-2007, 12:18 PM
automatic prompting for activex controls - disable
binary and script behaviors - enable
download signed activex controls - prompt
download unsigned activex controls - disable
initialize and script activex controls not marked as safe - disable
run activex controls and plugins - enable
script activex controls marked safe for scripting - enable

Windows 98SE
01-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Soo are you fixed?

tkaliforniaa
01-10-2007, 02:35 PM
NO!!
i just merely listed what came up when i went into control panel - internet options then whatever you suggested
i didnt change any of the settings

lrjinokc
01-10-2007, 02:58 PM
Someone clicked yes for me when Yahoo wanted to upgrade (found how to shut off the ugrade notice, only after) and now I'm stuck with a version I do not like with features missing or not wanted.

Downloaded the version I want to install but get the message box about having a newer version and I need to uninstall then reinstall the older version.

My problem is I have a contact list and archives that I need to be able to access in the reinstalled older version. How can I get them back into their lists & archives. Do I need to backup these files before the uninstall and restore them after reinstalling, or is there another way to do this, or do those files remain in place?

just want to be back at the version I like and stay there.

Windows 2000 SP4
01-11-2007, 12:38 AM
Uninstall yahoo messager from add/remove programs

Then go to c:/program files/yahoo and delete the folder

Empty rey bin

Reboot

Install the yahoo ver you want

Go into c:program files/yahoo\messager folder then rename the file name yupdater just remove the y keep updater as is.

tkaliforniaa
01-11-2007, 02:00 PM
im still here just to let everyone know

Windows 2000 SP4
01-11-2007, 02:47 PM
yes ok and what can we do for you now....

tkaliforniaa
01-11-2007, 05:55 PM
so im back.. this time still using 1922 and am having problems accessing my message archive.. before the window opens up there is a popup saying something about activex and then theres a script popup...

automatic prompting for activex controls - disable
binary and script behaviors - enable
download signed activex controls - prompt
download unsigned activex controls - disable
initialize and script activex controls not marked as safe - disable
run activex controls and plugins - enable
script activex controls marked safe for scripting - enable

NO!!
i just merely listed what came up when i went into control panel - internet options then whatever you suggested
i didnt change any of the settings

those are the posts from the latest problem.. you might want to read what other people have said

Windows 98SE
01-11-2007, 10:00 PM
Update your flash and shockwave http://download.macromedia.com/

http://www.hostmyfile.info/ufiles/3044/untitled1.bmp http://www.hostmyfile.info/ufiles/3044/untitled2.bmp http://www.hostmyfile.info/ufiles/3044/untitled3.bmp http://www.hostmyfile.info/ufiles/3044/untitled4.bmp

Windows 2000 SP4
01-11-2007, 10:05 PM
and http://www.hostmyfile.info/ufiles/3044/untitled5.bmp

http://www.hostmyfile.info/ufiles/3044/untitled6.bmp

http://www.hostmyfile.info/ufiles/3044/untitled7.bmp

http://www.hostmyfile.info/ufiles/3044/untitled8.bmp

tkaliforniaa
01-11-2007, 11:48 PM
1. you couldve just copied what i wrote into a notebook file then changed the settings because i cant focus on those humongous [sp] images
2. there is also a scripting popup thing that i highly doubt installing flash will help
3. how is installing/downloading flash supposed to help

i didnt have this problem before.. i just went to one website and then had problems

Windows 2000 Professional
01-12-2007, 01:35 AM
Start from the top work your way down in the internet opitions, That's best help tip you ever gonna get, it seens you have your problems daily with your computer unknown why so bad.

Start from top work down all I got to say play around something might come up if you do so...........

tkaliforniaa
01-12-2007, 01:12 PM
ok to start i didnt have these problems til i visited a website
next i dont have these problems everyday.. ive only had 2 problems
and no one ever explained what changing the setting will do especially with the scripting thing

Windows 98SE
01-12-2007, 01:40 PM
well I dont know what to tell you then I helped in my part I see it got nowhere I guess. This website you was on whats link I see if it changes my settings

tkaliforniaa
01-12-2007, 03:43 PM
http://www.wkrn.com/nashville/news/mother-of-three-enlists-in-army/69198.htm

IM NOT ENTIRELY SURE IF THATS THE LINK THAT CAUSED THE PROBLEMS BUT IM PRETTY SURE I HAD A PROBLEM DURING OR AFTER LOOKING AT THAT SITE THEN I TRIED GOING INTO MESSAGE ARCHIVES AND HAD EVEN MORE DEVASTING PROBLEMS..

SORRY FOR THE CAPS :(

OH BY THE WAY I ALSO CANT SEND NEW IMS WITHOUT GETTING THOSE POPUPS

locustfurnace
01-12-2007, 04:26 PM
Windows 2000 SP4,

Could you compress those images to jpeg. Using bitmaps is overkill and requires more bandwidth than necessary.

You can use XNVIEW or irfanview if you do not currently have a program for file conversion.

01-13-2007, 11:37 AM
You should make a new topic of your problem since you do not have installation problem but a internal problem.

This topic got it's best replys to installation and appears it was solived.....

ionask
05-31-2007, 11:51 AM
I downloaded the 6.1 version of Yahoo Messenger from oldversion.com and I got error messages after I downloaded and tried to install. The same happened with the 5.0 version of Yahoo Messenger I downloaded.

hi,i have the same installation problem with 6.1 version, every time it gets to 30 % installing- it blocks,saying it coudn t find windows regedit. but yahoo 7 works.
the 5 version doen t work either. HELP please:confused:

allen81973
09-15-2007, 12:50 AM

I got a site where I can get the older versions that work just have to have win rar unzip program easy to get

09-15-2007, 06:48 PM
I try to install yahoo 7.5ca they 403 code it, forbidden, So if they did that to 7.5 I'm sure versions lower are stop.

Unless you got the full install package file you might be game