PDA

View Full Version : MGI PhotoSuite

klerg
01-31-2006, 01:07 AM
Program Name: MGI PhotoSuite
Website: www.mgisoft.com/products/photosuite/index_flash.asp
Current version: SE 4.0
Desired versions: 8.1
Description: Photo/image editor, converter, etc.

Need 8.1 edition of MGI PhotoSuite, thanks.

Pistoff
02-13-2006, 06:55 PM
Hello all.
I'm a newbie here but maybe I can help. I am a designer of tooling at my employment. I also hold titles for A+ and C++ certifications from Microsoft.
I have a complete bundled copy of:
MGI Photo Suite 8.1
MGI Photo Suite SE 1.1
MGI Video Wave III SE
Would this help?

locustfurnace
02-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Please don't offer software to others on this board unless the software is either freeware or shareware. This is not a board to share full versions.
This is your second post of this nature.

lllllldarkelitellllll@hot
11-08-2006, 05:29 AM
dose anyone have a free one thay can send me???????????i have looked everywhere and no luck at all if so u can send it here lllllldarkelitellllll@hotmail.com thanx a bunch

timbuk2
12-07-2006, 04:55 PM
I purchased this program about 2000 and have always used it and enjoyed it. It became corrupt on my machine, then I discovered it wouldn't install, so I've lost it. I have a lot of saved projects and files that I can no longer view, use or edit. I contacted them but they too have been taken over and no longer have or support that issue. Is there anyway to get the file that I can re-register with my registration info?
Thanks
Tim T
OKC

VSM90
10-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Hi,

Does anyone have the old program Photosuite v 8.06? It is a nice photo editing cum viewing program. It used to be distributed free of cost with HP and some other printers earlier. Understand the company has since been taken over by Microsoft and they have come out with a later version which is no good. Pls forward it to me if any of you readers have it as many of my old pictures are in .cft format usable on that program.

Regards.

VSM90

tcmoon
11-30-2008, 08:25 PM
This site came up while I was searching for a downloadable copy of MGI PhotoSuite 2(II). I had a serious computer crash and purchased a new base unit today and realised I seem to have NOT moved some of the programs before the unit gave out. My problem, if it is that, is I actually LIKE Photosuite2 more than the host of others that I have either seen advertised or have/are using. I did have a disk but we moved home just over a year ago and the disk I believe went awol at that time. Naturally I hadn't looked for it until I waned to reinstall on my new machine.
Anyway, I've seen 3, 4, 5, 8, 9 and 11 versions around but I kinda like the old version better, Photosuite 2. Has anyone, would anyone happen to have a copy of that particular program, pls...
tc

Lakeside
03-23-2009, 08:42 AM
I too seek PhotoSuite
Jsut upgraded from Windows 98 to Vista
I was using MGI Photosuite 8.1
I would really appreciate it if someone could let me how to get this and run it on my new machine.
Many thanks in advance.
Lakeside

Del Fuller
11-07-2009, 03:49 PM
First you need to get hold of an MGI disc or a download. I have been trying to get MGI Photosuite III SE to install on Vista for months without success and then when I thought I'd finally sorted it I could not launch the program due to a script error. You do not need Virtual PC, Virtual XP or any add-ons. Simply find and right click the the MGI setup file, check the run in compatibility mode as Windows XP SP2 and install. After install, send a program launch shortcut to your desktop, right click, go to properties and check the Windows XP compatibility mode once again. Finally, while you still have the compatibility screen open add a tick check to Run As Administrator. Hey presto my beloved MGI Photosuite is back! MGI is fantastic for being user friendly and simple, and although I know other users insist there are better programs, I’ve tried loads and I still think it’s a winner.

Del Fuller
11-07-2009, 03:56 PM
MGI Photosuite also works with HP printers in Vista, for those who have had problems running them both together.

BuddyBDog
02-14-2010, 11:26 AM
First you need to get hold of an MGI disc or a download. I have been trying to get MGI Photosuite III SE to install on Vista for months without success and then when I thought I'd finally sorted it I could not launch the program due to a script error. You do not need Virtual PC, Virtual XP or any add-ons. Simply find and right click the the MGI setup file, check the run in compatibility mode as Windows XP SP2 and install. After install, send a program launch shortcut to your desktop, right click, go to properties and check the Windows XP compatibility mode once again. Finally, while you still have the compatibility screen open add a tick check to Run As Administrator. Hey presto my beloved MGI Photosuite is back! MGI is fantastic for being user friendly and simple, and although I know other users insist there are better programs, I’ve tried loads and I still think it’s a winner.

Thanks so much Del I followed your directions and I too have my photo suite back. Love the program so easy to use. Many thanks :)

leebingate
03-17-2010, 09:34 PM
I too seek PhotoSuite
Jsut upgraded from Windows 98 to Vista
I was using MGI Photosuite 8.1
I would really appreciate it if someone could let me how to get this and run it on my new machine.
Many thanks in advance.
Lakeside

duplicating other posts to advertise a spam signature will get you Banned.

thunderwood
03-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Thank you so much! :) I've been doing my nut trying to get my PhotosuiteIII to work on Windows 7. I do use other programs but each has its own strengths and weaknesses and I do find this version of PS better than any other.