PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo! Messenger V5.5

Light10084
01-19-2003, 05:11 AM
I don't know if this has been introduced by lightsup55 yet, but i want to ask it.

First of all, after upgrading Yahoo! Messenger to v5.5, we've started to get no-end of problems. The biggest is this:

>> First, you open the program, and close it (closing it completely, i.e. in the systray as well), then, you could open it again, but maybe once or twice after that. When you try and open it again and doesn't open, this happens: the mouse pointer icon shows the mini hour glass for about 2 seconds and the HDD-LED light blinks for a little (the hard drive also makes clicking noises, which is normal), but the program never opens. The computer neither freezes when this happens, nor does the program perform an illegal operation.

The computer will restart fine after that. It also seems that a fresh boot will allow me to open the program afterwards, but you can't open and close it too often.

(Note: Windows 98 SE system with 120 MB RAM.)

The other thing is with the webcams. I have one. It works for me, but one person can't view mine, and i can't view others, although i've received invitations to viewing (i'm under 18 on my account). I heard a story about v5.5 not working with webcams between older versions and the current, but this just stinks coz the window on it doesn't display right for me on v5.5. That's odd.

Should i down-grade for the time being? Yea, or nay?

SSS
01-19-2003, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Light10084@Jan 19 2003, 05:11 AM
I don't know if this has been introduced by lightsup55 yet, but i want to ask it.

First of all, after upgrading Yahoo! Messenger to v5.5, we've started to get no-end of problems. The biggest is this:

>> First, you open the program, and close it (closing it completely, i.e. in the systray as well), then, you could open it again, but maybe once or twice after that. When you try and open it again and doesn't open, this happens: the mouse pointer icon shows the mini hour glass for about 2 seconds and the HDD-LED light blinks for a little (the hard drive also makes clicking noises, which is normal), but the program never opens. The computer neither freezes when this happens, nor does the program perform an illegal operation.

The computer will restart fine after that. It also seems that a fresh boot will allow me to open the program afterwards, but you can't open and close it too often.

(Note: Windows 98 SE system with 120 MB RAM.)

The other thing is with the webcams. I have one. It works for me, but one person can't view mine, and i can't view others, although i've received invitations to viewing (i'm under 18 on my account). I heard a story about v5.5 not working with webcams between older versions and the current, but this just stinks coz the window on it doesn't display right for me on v5.5. That's odd.

Should i down-grade for the time being? Yea, or nay?
Yes, you should downgrade. The only oldversion that works is 5.0.