PDA

View Full Version : P2P Sharing

Apoorv
04-11-2006, 12:24 PM
i just wanted 2 ask that is p2p sharing legal? i mean programs like morpheus , limewire,etc...........u can get nething on them. Now i live in india where 99% people buy pirated softwares and most softwares are unavailable 2 us. so even if p2p sharing is illegal, i have no choice other than depending on morpheus 4 my day2 day needs. i am a 15 year old student, and i dont have money 2 buy softwares @ $19.99 or something.

the gaffer
04-12-2006, 01:41 AM
filesharing of any copyrighted material is illegal,this filesharing affects thousands upon thousands of people,i truly believe it forces up the price of software for those of us who do buy and pay for the stuff they want , software could be sold cheaper if the developers were to get paid for all software and pirating was stamped out.being a student does not in any way mean you have to turn to using pirated software that is a very poor excuse and another reason filesharing programs got such a bad name and are being shut down is because of the illegal activity and files found on them.nearly always if you require a software title then you can mostly find a freeware alternative that is both legal and in many cases better than many retail ones.