PDA

View Full Version : Oldversion.com forum statuses

Apoorv
04-11-2006, 12:40 PM
i wanted 2 ask that what is the status written below my name in any forum signify?
(for eg- gold , alpha, beta ..etc.) does it show how old or helpful member i am?and r these people-the gaffer, locustfurnace, etc ordinary people like me or administrators?

and also i want 2 ask if anybody knows something abt windows vista? ive heard its the next version of windows after xp and some illegal copies are already out and r being openly pirated

the gaffer
04-12-2006, 01:51 AM
hi mate,the status you ask about refers to the number of posts you have made on the forums and changes as it gets higher,with regards to me ,the gaffer i am just a regular member whos been around the forums for a while,and locustfurnace is a moderator, if ever you wonder who somebody is then you can just click on their name and view their profile.

locustfurnace
04-12-2006, 07:37 PM
The naming conventions are made up via the Admins. This is generally just for a status purpose only. To show how new a member is to the forum to others.

I have been a member for a couple years now and am also the boards moderator. A few other members once were moderators before I was given the opportunity. Now I have been the boards mod for a couple years now.

The higher the post count some members have, generally means they have "usually" been a helpful and useful member.

Windows Vista will be the next release of Microsoft Windows OS. As far as what it will offer, these "innovations" seem to keep getting excluded from Vista as the years, years tick by.
What I've read over a while on Vista is it will be offering 'new' features that are already included in other OS's. Such as OSX and GNU/Linux distro's.

There is really no point in using those beta releases of Vista as it will likely lack support for most hardware at the moment.

~ Updated with link for some of Vista's new features. (which as stated are already included in present distro's of GNU/Linux)

http://news.com.com/Vista+wont+show+fancy+side+to+pirates/2100-1016_3-6060700.html?tag=nefd.lede